PaintBall

Laura had never expected to be facing down her vampire girlfriend, Carmilla Karnstein, with guns in their hands.

"You are going to be all kinds of pretty colors when we are done with you." Laura told the taller girl with one of her more mischievous and vicious smiles. If they had known better, Carmilla knew she and her team ought to have been afraid.

"I have known guns since they were invented, cutie." Carmilla replied, joining in on the pregame competitive banter. "You would do well not to underestimate me whilst in such dire straits, Creampuff. You're going to go down tonight... but not in a fun way. Well, maybe, but right now not so much."

Laura took a step closer, so there was only a single inch of space between the two of them. "Bring it on." she said slowly, trying to keep a straight face, though her wry grins kept sneaking through.

"Aww, come on, Carm. There's no need to be crass, love." Laura teased back. "Now, if you don't mind, let's get this party started."

Carmilla and her team began to make their way to the far side of their end of the field.

"You know for being so small and so cute..." Kirsch said as he fell into step beside of his team's captain. "Your girl can actually be kind of terrifying. I've never seen anything like her before."

"And I very sincerely doubt you ever will meet anyone such as her again." Carmilla laughed and slid her face protector down. "What do you say we go and paint these losers?"

"I say you take the little frosh, and I will cover you while you get to her." Kirsch scoffed. "Here goes nothing, vampire bro."