Gym

Laura preferred yoga to an actual workout involving the weights or heavy lifting. It wasn't that she looked down on that sort of thing, she thought that it was quite impressive, really, just not for her. Her favorite thing was to see a pretty girl in tiny clothes sweating it out with her fellow gym rats. There were quite a few regulars just like that in her regular gum as well. It could really be quite distracting while Laura attempted to meditate.

Carmilla Karnstein couldn't help but to be one of the people that Laura enjoyed watching. She was 'super legit' as she would say. Carmilla, at this point, could probably bench-press the smaller girl. Carmilla herself was impressed with what Laura did as well. She doubted that she would ever be able to get her body to bend in the ways that Laura could, and she occasionally found herself getting a little hot under her collar because of it. Carmilla would just pump out her frustrations into the irons.

Laura went along with her class for the day, though her heart wasn't quite into it. She had had a long and hard day at work and she just wanted to go home and go to bed until tomorrow. Carmilla, who was almost always enthusiastic about a good workout, had already noticed and her workout partner and sister Mattie, had noticed her noticing.

"Your little crush isn't quite up to par today, is she?" Mattie asks, wanting to get the subject out of the way so that her sister will actually get up and move.

"No, she's not. I wonder if she's alright." Carmilla says as though she has known the younger woman for all of her life.

"Maybe you should ask her." Mattie suggests. She had been trying for a while to get Carmilla to talk to her. "Laughter is often said to be the best medicine. Make her laugh."

"Yeah, maybe." Carmilla mutters, bringing the bar back down to her chest and resuming her routine.

-------//////------

Laura felt good and exhausted once her advanced yoga class was over. In fact, she was a little but worried that she might fall asleep in the shower. Carmilla noticed the droopy eyed look on Laura's face and excused herself from the day's work. Mattie understood why immediately and just shook her head. She couldn't believe that the only things her sister actually knew about this girl were that she (usually) smiled a lot and that she was very enthusiastic about yoga, and she was already so whipped.

------//////------

Carmilla is also wondering what the heck is wrong with herself as she enters the locker rooms only to hear Laura getting in the shower. She remembers Mattie's advice to make her laugh, but can't think of an appropriate manner in which to do that whilst the other party is in the shower. It's not until she can hear Laura humming to herself that she gets an idea. The older woman strips down and steps into the shower, turning on the water as hot as it would go and tries to think of the most ridiculous song that she knows most of the words to, clears her throat and sings as though she were alone.

"You've got the best of both worlds. Chill it out take it slow, and you rock out the show. You've got the best of both worlds, mix it all together and you know that it's the best of both worlds." she only knows the chorus, but by the time that she's made it through it she feels like she has made the worst mistake in the world. that is, until she hears Laura clear her throat while stifling a laugh.

"You've got the limo out front, woah oh oh. Every shoe, every style, every color. When you're famous it can be kind of fun, and school's cool cuz no one ever discovers, that you've got the best of both worlds..."

Laura sings back, standing on her tiptoes to see who in the world would choose that particular song to sing in the shower, but totally digging it anyway. she thought that she would nearly faint when she notices that the only other person in the room was Carmilla, a pleased smile on her face as she joins in for the chorus. It was the weirdest way in the world to end up being cheered up, but Laura was way used to weird. she had long ago embraced the weird.

"I never would have taken you for the Hannah Montana type." Laura admits as they both wrap up in towels and step out of the shower.

"I guess that there is a lot that you don't know about me then." Carmilla chuckles in response. "Hi, I'm Carmilla Karnstein." she takes the opportunity to introduce herself.

"I guess not. ." Laura replies, pulling on clothes beneath her towel, a little bit shocked by the way her day was turning out. "I'm Laura Hollis. I'm looking forward to the chance to find out more about you, Ms. Montana."