Hair Cut

"I find it utterly hilarious you are so good at this." Carmilla said with a light chuckle, leaning back into Laura's hands. "I would have been more than willing to cut my own hair, but with the reinstitution of my vampirism comes the inability to be seen in a mirror."

"Why would you be surprised by this? I grew up with a single dad for the vast majority of my life. I had to figure out a lot of the 'care and keeping of me' stuff on my own. My dad's answer to most of the growing up things was to buy me a book on it." Laura laughed, combing her fingers through the long black hair. She could tell that Carmilla was enjoying the pampering more than she was willing to let on.

"Mmmmmhmm. That makes sense." Carmilla murmured softly as tiny scissors snipped beside of her ears rhythmically. Laura had been cutting her hair ever since it began to grow again with the restoration of her spark. She figured this would be the last cut she would need for a good long while now that the spark was gone again. Carmilla would miss the regular appointments.

"What amazes me, is that in all of your centuries of living, you've never learned how to do hair...Mirrors or no. You know so many different, random, and amazing skills, but you suck at this. I kind of love it." Laura's voice dropped low to match Carmilla's.

"Different...random...and amazing. I can't help but to suspect I know exactly to which skills you are referring to." Carmilla's voice had dropped low then in a completely different manner.

Laura unclipped the towel that had been fastened around Carmilla's neck and placed it carefully in the sink so as not to get hair everywhere. The vampiress stood up and turned to face her, shaking out the newly shoulder-length black locks. Laura brushed the locks behind one ear and rose up onto her tiptoes to kiss her slowly and languidly, smiling into it as though nothing in the world could phase her. Life was good and they were happy together. It was quite unusual and absolutely perfect.

"I don't think I have ever loved you more than I do right now." Laura said, her warm brown eyes intent upon Carmilla's.

"You can't be so good at hair that it makes you fall even more in love with me, can you?" Carmilla joked, her hands falling to Laura's hips and tickling at her sides.

"I'm actually really not that great. You just make absolutely everything look good." Laura pressed back and nipped at Carmilla's strong, exposed collarbone.

"Even you?" Carmilla asked, a smirk pulling at her lips.

"Always me. Especially me. Me in particular." Laura laughed happily, letting Carmilla pull her to the couch.

They collapsed into a tangle of limbs and giggles, Carmilla locked her arms around Laura's waist as the smaller woman tucked her chin underneath Carmilla's chin, looking for a heartbeat that wasn't there anymore.

Carmilla noticed. "Even though I have been turned back into this?" she asked, her voice small and nervous.

"I'm not a particular fan of the return of your condition, but I didn't fall in love with you as a human. I love you for who you are, who you have become....and before then I loved you for who I knew that you could be." Laura said with full sincerity and promise. "Nothing will ever change that."