78 Another Consultation (Present)

Start from the beginning

Midori frowned. "Why am I here?"

"I honestly don't know what to do next. I've come to different diagnoses, but none really fit. Whenever I think I have something, I refute the diagnosis in the cross check. If that dream and Yui's adherence to it weren't there, I would almost believe she was about to recover. There are episodes like the outbursts and cramps, but this is normal. Important is, that Yui is functional."

"You are the specialist here. How can I help?" Midori wondered.

"We need to define what Yui suffers from, so we can treat her accordingly. Psychotherapy is good, but every now and then she refuses to cooperate. Another point is her fixation on her older sister Yuna. She seems to idolize her, which in itself isn't a problem. But at the same time, she seems to feel inferior to her sister. I'm just worried that she could be compromised in the long term."

Midori looked at the girl next to her again. "Would you like to say something, Yui-chan?"

"No," the middle-school girl said softly.

"Maybe it would help me if I could talk to Yuna Masuda. I can't really verify that Yui-chan behaves the way she did before the trauma. Apart from her sister, all her close relationships are gone. I briefly spoke to her school friend, Megumi Domoto, who didn't notice any changes in Yui's behavior. But from our conversation I could also see that Yui doesn't contribute socially. She's a good student, but she doesn't care about friendships."

"If you wish, I can ask Yuna to speak with you," the nurse suggested.

"That could actually help me."

"I don't want Yuna involved in this." Yui raised her head and looked at Midori. "Please. She has enough stuff that is bothering her. I don't want to be a burden to her."

"I'm sure she'll love to help you, Yui-chan."

"I really don't want that. Please, Midori-san," begged the middle-school student.

Doctor Yamada cleared his throat. "It's for your benefit, Yui-chan. If I can verify that you behave normally, it would make my job a lot easier." He looked at Midori. "Can you see this? There is this extremely intense sibling love, which in my opinion could assume harmful tendencies. Yui puts her sister's well-being above her own."

"Please..." the blonde sobbed.

Midori took a deep breath and studied the heap of misery beside her. At the moment Yui seemed very disturbed, so she had to be feeling very bad. But she could understand why Yuna should be left out. Yui probably didn't want to show weakness to her sister. It was true that Yuna handled the whole situation with almost inhuman calm, but perhaps she could become more unstable under more pressure.

But this Tirr thing really started to gnaw at Midori. She needed to know what it was all about. And she had a pretty good clue. She now had a contact within the oni community, who was certainly ready to clear up the whole thing.

She cleared her throat. "Let's continue for another week like we agreed. Yui will be back next Monday, and if you think it's still necessary to talk to Yuna, then I'll talk to her about it. Let's give Yui a chance. The first week brought along some unusual situations. Let her have time to adjust herself. How about that?"

"Yes. I just need a little more time," the middle-school student confirmed.

"If you insist. If you think this is the way for your ward, then I agree."

"Thank you. Thank you so much." Yui rose from her chair and bowed several times before the two.