Gone

*Molly POV*

Mycroft is holding Sherlock tightly, crying as the monitors go off ome by one. A nurse runs in when the heart monitor starts beeping, stopping in the doorway.

"Its okay Sherlock."

I'm crying, sinking down to the floor with Redbeard in my arms. Greg sits beside me, letting me cry on his shoulder. Everything goes silent suddenly, startling me.

"He's...hes gone."

"William Sherlock Scott Holmes. Time of death..."

I block everything else out, struggling to suppress the hollow feeling that is settling in my stomach. Redbeard wriggles away from me, whining softly as he lies down beside Sherlocks bed. I stand quickly, leaving the room and running down the hall. Greg finds me on the roof about an hour later, sitting down beside me.

"He loved you."

I nod weakly, barely moving when Redbeard wriggles his way into my arms and licks my face.

"Are you taking the dog?"

"He...he didnt mean it. I...I couldn't...not...not his dog."

"He did mean it. He wanted you to keep Redbeard. Myc and I go off to uni soon, and Redbeard isnt overly fond of their parents."

"I...I will if...if that's what he..he really...really wanted."

Greg nods, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Lets get you home."

I let him pull me to my feet, walking to the car with him.

"Myc already left, needed to go tell his parents."

The cabbie takes us to my house, Greg pays and walks up to the door with me. Redbeard follows, head hung low.

"I umm...ill go. Call me or Myc if you need anything, anything at all. Alright?"

I nod, letting him hug me again before he leaves. Redbeard and I go up to my room, collapsing on the floor. Toby curls up on my chest, hissing half heartedly at Redbeard, who curls up at my side. I run my hands through his fur, finally letting myself think about what happened. I need to call John, to tell him we found Sherlock.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Sherlock..."

"Molly? What happened?"

"He's...hes gone. Hes gone."