Confrontation

*Sherlock POV*

Mycroft takes us straight back to the house, agreeing to let Molly come with us.

"Come inside."

She helps me into the house, taking me upstairs. Mycoroft follows us up, grabbing some towels and a blanket fresh from the dryer. He hands the towels off to Sherlock, draping the blanket around my shoulders. Mycroft leaves, but Molly stays with me. I strip off my shirt, drying off quickly. Molly sits on my bed, petting Redbeard as she watches me. She's blushing violently, not making eye contact.

"Sorry. Do you...do you want to leave? I'm sorry."

Molly doesn't move, still staring at me. For whatever reason, I find myself sitting beside her. She wraps the blanket off my bed around my shoulders, running her fingers through my hair. I moan softly, leaning into her touch.

"Sherlock?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you...are you okay with this?"

"With what?"

She sits on my lap, kissing me softly. I freeze up for a moment, eventually kissing her back. Molly has her fingers tangled in my hair again, still kissing me.

"What are you two doing?"

Mycroft, unnoticed by both of us, has walked back into the room. Molly pulls away, but doesn't move off of my lap.

"Nothing."

"It doesn't look like nothing. Get dressed brother mine, mother is awake and she wants to talk to you."

Mum walks upstairs seconds later, thankfully Molly has moved off of me before mum makes it into the room. I tighten the blanket around my shoulders, covering my chest and stomach before mum sees me.

"Sherlock?"

"Hello mother."

"You have a friend over?"

Molly blushes, shaking mothers hand when it is offered.

"You are lovely dear, I'm so glad Sherlock is finally..."

"Mum! Not right now, please."

She stops mid sentence, smiling at us. Molly takes my hand under the blankets, leaning against my side.

"Why are you all wet Sherlock?"

"I was out."

"Why were you out? And where were you last night?"

"I stayed the night at Molly's. And I was walking home, through the park."

"William Sherlock Scott Holmes! Are you using again?"

"Mother! Not right now."

"We need to talk about it dear."

"Not right now. We can talk later, alone."

"Now Sherlock. Mother was just woken up to talk to you so you are going to listen."

"Fine."

Molly brings her lips to my ear, whispering softly when mum and Mycroft are talking.

"Do you want me to leave?"

"No, stay please."

"Okay. Its okay, ill stay."

"Thank you."

Mother walks back over, shushing Redbeard when he whines at me.

"Why didnt you come home last night?"

"I got stuck at Molly's house."

"Why?"

Mycroft shoots me a look, lie and do it quickly.

"I wasnt feeling well."

"Why didnt you call your brother to get you?"

"I did. He was having car problems."

"I was mother, its fine. I told him he could stay if it was okay with them."

Molys fingers tighten around my hand, pressing slightly closer.

"How are you feeling now dear?"

"Mum I'm fine."

"Okay. Wake me back up again if anything happens. I love you Sherlock. Molly can stay the night if she wishes."

Mother leaves us quickly after, though Mycroft lingers.

"I'm going to bed. Stay in the house. And dont be too terribly loud please, my room is just down the hall."

With that, he leaves us. Molly lies back against my side, blushing fiercely again.

"Are you going to sleep?"

"Not yet. I'm not tired, just bored. Conversing with my family is oh so dull, it'll be the death of me."

"Dont be so dramatic, they dont seem too bad."

"Wait till breakfast, mother and Mrs. Hudson will surely keep you till then at least."

Molly laughs, cuddling up against my side. I lie back, letting her lie on my chest. Redbeard cuddles up against us, nudging his way under the blanket that I tugged over us. I kiss Molly on the forehead, falling asleep quickly.