Closer

*Molly POV*

"Hey Molly! Over here!"

I glance around, seeing that John and Mary are sitting together at a table. Mary waves me over to them, smiling warmly as I sit down.

"So...I heard what happened. Are you excited?"

"What happened? With...with Sherlock?"

"Yeah. Dont think I havent heard already."

I look at John questioningly, him and Sherlock are close.

"I was with him when you asked him out last night."

"Thats...its not like that. We are lab partners, and we have a project to work on."

"It sounded like you were asking him out. Its completely okay, I see the way you two look at each other."

"We...we just met a few days ago."

They are laughing now, making me blush. Mary turns back to me, a serious expression on her face.

"Its okay Molly, he dosent have a girl yet."

"I...has anyone seen him today? He walked with me to school, that was the last time I saw him. He said he would eat lunch with me."

"Bloody hell."

John gets up quickly, waving at me and Mary to come with him.

"Where is he?"

"Just follow me, I think I know where he went."

We start running, trying to keep up with Johns quick pace.

"Fan out here, check everything down this hall. This is his."

John picks up a jacket, I recognize it as one of Sherlocks. Mary starts walking with John to cover the doors on the right, leaving me to start checking rooms on the left side. We do a full hall sweep, finding nothing more than his jacket. The bell rings, sending us back to class before we have a chance to find Sherlock. I sit at my desk, trying to ignore the empty space beside me. My cell buzzes half way through the lecture, a message from Sherlock.

If convinent, send help. Hall by the library, opposite side from the first day.- SH

My hand shoots up, I need to leave the room and find him now.

"Yes Molly?"

"Can I use the restroom please sir?"

"Take the pass with you."

"Thank you sir."

I run out into the hall, sprinting down to the library corridor. Nothing is out of place, no open doors to show where he is. The first few rooms I check are empty, though when I open the fifth door something shifts in the shadows. It is an unused science lab, Sherlock is lying under one of the tables.

"Sherlock?"

"Molly, hey."

He sits up, grinning when he sees me.

"Are you okay, what happened?"

"Just a little fight with the team. I'll be fine."

"Let me see what they did."

"No."

"Sherlock, you need to let me see it."

"Are you asking me to take my shirt off?"

I feel the heat rushing to my face, I didn't realize where they had hurt him.

"No...umm. I just need to make sure you're okay."

He slowly lifts his shirt up, revealing bruises at different stages of healing. I can count his ribs clearly, he is too thin.

"Sherlock..."

"Dont. I know what you are going to say, just please don't say it."

He starts crying suddenly, letting his shirt fall back into place.

"What did they do?"

"The usual."

"How badly does it hurt right now?"

"I'm fine. I have some ibuprofen in one of the cabinets here."

Talking about what happens seems to calm him down enough to stop crying.

"I dont want this."

"You dont want what?"

"They hurt me again."

"I know. You're going to be okay."

"I'm worried about you."

"Youre worried about me? Why? I'm okay."

"They hurt me..."

He breaks down again, hiding his face from me. I reach out slowly, gently taking his hands away from his face and holding them tightly in mine.

"Its okay. You don't have to talk about it right now."

"I like you. That's why they did it. There is something wrong with me, and they punish me for it often. It would be best if you stay away from it."

He pulls his hands away, biting his lip and staring at the ground. I find myself leaning closer to him, not stopping when he looks up at me. Our noses touch just before I tilt my head slightly, lips brushing against Sherlocks. He tenses slightly, but dosent push me away. I kiss him lightly, not fully closing the gap between our bodies. Sherlock doesn't move after I pull back, clearly confused.

"I...I'm sorry. I should...let me message John and Mary."

"Stay."

He grabs my wrist when I go to stand, pulling me back down next to him. We are breathing the same air again, lips pressed together in a second heasataint kiss. Sherlock breaks the kiss, but doesn't pull back very much. He didn't. He couldn't have. There's no way that he just kissed me back. It cant be real. I'm dreaming.

"Can we...again?"

I nod slightly, scooting closer to him. He pulls me onto his lap carefully, kissing me again. The bell rings suddenly, startling both of us. I scramble off of his lap, sitting back on my heels.

"Weshouldgettoclass."

"We dont have to."

He says this quietly, mumbling as he looks down at his hands.

"Should we tell them you found me?"

"Its fine."

I look back at him, blushing when I realize he is looking at me again. He brushes my hair out of my face, fingers skimming across my cheek.

"We could stay here. And...not go back to class."

Sherlock puts his hands on my hips, pulling me to sit on his lap again. I kiss him again suddenly, smiling at the shocked expression on his face. He leans back against the wall, wincing when I lean against him.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. It just hurts."

"Come on, lets get you to the nurse."

"I'm fine."

I stand slowly, pulling him up gently. His weight is easy to support, obviously he is underweight. The whole way down to the nurses office he tries to walk on his own, eventually giving up and going silent.

"Which way?"

"Right. Third door on the right."

I help him in, telling the nurse what happened.

"You need to go back to class miss."

"Oh. Sure. Yeah."

Sherlock grabs my wrist again, hugging me before I go.

"See you tonight."

"Yeah. Ill send you my address."

I walk out, retrieving my bag from the science lab before going to my last block.