Scars

*Molly POV*

Sherlock shifts sometime early, before the sun is up. I roll onto my side, sitting up when Sherlock does.

"Morning Sherlock."

"Hey Molly. How'd you sleep?"

"Good. How about you?"

He heasitates, looking down at his hands before answering.

"Fine."

I realize he is shaking, reaching out towards Redbeard. The dog is able to calm him down, but he still wont look at me.

"Sherlock? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just...another dream. I'm fine."

Sherlock lets me hold him, crying softly against my shoulder.

"What happened?"

He tenses up, slowly relaxing again when I run my fingers through his hair.

"Youre okay Sherlock, just tell me what's wrong. Please."

"Its just something that happens, a bad dream. They happen more often than I would like, and I dont want to talk about it so please stop asking."

I can tell he is struggling to stay here, fighting the urge to flee again.

"Its okay. I'm sorry for asking."

Sherlock tugs the blanket back around his shoulders, covering his bare chest. I feel the heat rising in my cheeks at the thought that I slept with him again last night.

"Are you okay?"

"Yep. Just...ummm...your umm..still..."

"Oh. Damn it, sorry."

"I mean I dont really care ummm...if you don't..its up to you.."

He leans over, kissing me softly. I sit on his lap again, managing to get him pinned against the wall. Someone knocks on the door, forcing us apart.

"What do you want?"

"Shut up, both of you. Its to early to be up, go back to sleep."

"Whatever, yes go back to sleep Mycroft."

Mycroft leaves, slamming his door shut behind him.

"I'm surprised he doesn't have work today."

I laugh, returning to my spot against Sherlock. He likes it when I mess with his hair, so I continue to do it.

"What is that?"

"What is what?"

I grab his arm suddenly, seeing old scars I hadn't noticed before as well as a few fresher looking cuts along the inside of his arm.

"This? What did you do?"

"Its from a while ago, I'm fine."

Sherlock flinches when I move off of him, shrinking back against the wall when I turn to look at him.

"Why are you scared Sherlock? I'm not going to hurt you."

"She did. I'm sorry, but the last time someone found out they hurt me. Badly."

"I promise you I'm not going to hurt you. You need to stop doing this, please Sherlock."

"I haven't..."

"Yes you have. These ones are obviously recent."

"I'm fine."

"When are they from?"

"Yesterday. Before we met up in the park. That's why Mycroft was so worried about getting me home."

I slowly move towards Sherlock, stopping when Redbeard growls at me. Sherlock pulls on his arm, making me realize I still have his wrist gripped tightly in my hand.

"Sorry."

He pulls his arms against his body, bringing his knees to his chest.

"Sherlock dont do this again. Please."

I realize we are both starting to cry, neither one of us wants to start the conversation. Sherlock lies down, lying his head in my lap. I pull the blanket over him when he starts shaking again, trying to calm him down before he shuts down.

"Youre okay. I'm not going to hurt you Sherlock, and I'm not leaving either."

He takes my hand, still shaking.

"Shhh. Its okay."

I manage to get him back to sleep, lying back down as carefully as I can. Redbeard lies down beside us, nudging his nose under my hand. I scratch behind his ears, trying to get back to sleep.