Chapter 48 - A Time for Everything

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick....

"Everyone! Wake up!" Kaminari screamed in the middle of the night, accidentally turning on the lights in Class 1-A's dorm with his quirk. He heard them groan and curse him as he chuckle sheepishly for his clumsiness.

"You should lower down your power, Kaminari-kun. Someone might've noticed that," Midoriya said and Sero snickered, tiredly after Kaminari woke him up and Midoriya unknowingly making a pun.

"Midoriya? You came back sooner than we expected," Yaoyorozu said and Uraraka and Midoriya exchanged looks of concern then turned to the tired looking fourteen-year-old in the same room as them, wearing a blue dino shirt and hair of purple shorts.

"Well, we just found out a big surprise and you all need to hear it too," Uraraka said, still hesitant about telling them Nekta's story, considering her suspected sister is here to hear all of it.

"Eh? What is it?" Mina asked, the tiredness in her went away after Uraraka sounded grim.

"Well, we found out that reality has been toiled with by Nekta's mother and the league is planning on taking..." Midoriya turned to Akane and his eyebrows furrowed, "Akane-chan too."

"What? How did they find out?" Iida asked, making robotic gestures again.

"Nekta and the Marauders had a mission the other day and they came across Akane-chan," Uraraka said and Akane's eyes widened, tugging Yaoyorozu. The ravenette understood her and took her writing materials and gave her. Then, all attention are poured to her as she write down her thoughts.

'Do you mean the pretty girl from the alley the other night?'

The group of friends widened their eyes while Midoriya and Uraraka just furrowed their eyebrows, but look less surprised.

"Look. This is serious and we have to take action about it. We know that Akane-chan's quirk is Pole Changer. We experienced it first hand during that encounter and Nekta was the one who told us about it," Midoriya said, remembering the change in pressure during that night and it was overwhelming. Especially, coming from a gentle psuedo-mute girl like Akane.

"And there might be a deeper explanation for that, if I'm not mistaking?" Tokoyami said and Midoriya nodded, beads of sweat falling off his cheeks. He is still hasitating.

Uraraka put a hand on his shoulder and nodded, slowly. Midoriya sighed and asked Akane if she can stay out of earshot for this one which she obliged to do.

Then, they told them everything Nekta told them that night. The story itself was surprising enough, but not as much as to how reality can be changed in a small gesture of a single person.

From what he have heard from Uraraka, Nekta told them the probable things her mother changed in reality. Erasing her sister's memory. Making her previous career issue like it never happened and also simply making everyone who knows forget about her family.

"That's...that's messed up, man," Kaminari said, eyebrows furrowing and think. A person with that kind of power can simply do anything and if that gets into the wrong hand, hell breaks lose.

"She thinks her mother is still alive somewhere but we don't really know the condition of her quirk. We're not sure if everything go back to normal if she dies or just a small part of it or nothing changes at all," Uraraka said. She have to admit that changing the reality that she already knew scares her. She don't want to become a complete stranger to her friends and vice verse.