Chapter 4 - Surprises, Surprises, Suprises

Weekend came and Nekta was in the League's lair, walking along the hallway when she came through Shigaraki's room. She'd never talked to him since he gave her the mission which was a week ago. Heck! She didn't even saw him after that.

"Nekta!" She turned to the voice and saw a blond girl around her age smirking at her.

"Toga," she said and faced the extra too cheerful girl. Their personality never really clicked but she have to thank her for standing in her place as Syren when she was busy in tormenting Midoriya.

"I see you're back from your work. How's pretending to be a hero-in-training?" she said, leaning towards her.

"Try standing in my place as Nekta Ramirez the second-year Hero Course newbie sweetheart and you'll see," Nekta said and walked away to her own room, "Maybe you'll even do a lot better with smiling than me."

"Oh? So even though you didn't faked your name, you faked your personality?" Toga asked, still following her, "Well, you are a good actress."

Nekta stopped and glared at the younger girl who slightly cringed under her gaze.

"Oops! Did I say something wrong?" She teased and Nekta growled and left her there. That girl does sometimes get into her nerves. More often than you might think.

---

Weekend isn't doing much for Midoriya. The emphatic parasite, as what Syren call, is giving him migraines from time-to-time and he can't really focus on whatever he is doing.

That's not just what is bothering him but these voices in his head that keeps on repeating inside him.

You are not a hero. You're not going to be a hero. A quirkless luck magnet can never be considered a hero.

That's just one of the things the voice was telling him. He knows these are just the emphatic parasites but he can't help but have these phrases get to him. Like he is purposely letting them get to him.

"I am going to be a hero. The greatest hero," he kept repeating this to counter the doubts that starts flooding him, but even these are no good.

What is happening to him?

"Deku?" He snapped out of his trance when he heard Uraraka's voice from his phone and remembered that he is currently having a conversation with her through the phone.

"Uh...yes, U-Uraraka-chan?" He stuttered and sat up straight in his seat. He was too occupied that he totally forgot that she called him.

"Are you sure you're alright?" She asked obviously worried. This made him blush and smile awkwardly.

"Ah, y-y-yeah. I'm fine! Just lack sleep," he'd used that excuse countless times already. And she keeps on buying it every time.

"Hmmm, okay. But don't forget about Monday's homework. We should pass that at the same time," she said and Midoriya turned to his desk to see papers and pens.

"Yes, Uraraka-chan."

"Okay, see you then, Deku," she said and hold up. He put his phone down and turned back to his desk. Hero study also became a lot harder after Syren did that to him.

'Could it be that...the emphatic parasite is...' He stopped when he felt a throb behind his head. He grabbed some of his hair and clutched it until he felt like they're going to be ripped off his head.