Chapter 16 - Lost to Villainy

"Katsuki, are you sure you're up for this?" Nekta asked as she and Bakugo stands on a tower. Bakugo wore a black sleevless hoodie with a zipper and pair of gaunlets similar to his former one in his hero suit but smaller and lighter.

"Tch, shut up," he growled and went to her side, looking over the lit view of Tokyo. He rubbed his neck which is hugged by a black choker-necklace, "I can do a better job than the nerd and half ass."

"Then prove it," Nekta said, staring at Bakugo with a slight glare. It's a tad bit softer than her gaze on her other two underlings, "Take down the targets."

Tugging her hand again, the invisible leash in Bakugo tighten and he growled, glaring at Nekta. She released and the invisible leash faded and there goes Bakugo, jumping from roof to roof.

In a distance, Midoriya was using his Full Cowling to bounce off walls and jump from floors to floors around the city. Todoroki is sliding his ice to move around and all three of them are doing all these carefully so no one notices them.

And now, they're all scattered around the city, on the search of their targets, with Nekta watching them from the tallest tower of the city, the Tokyo Tower.

Black mist materialized behind her and Shigaraki came out of it and stood beside her.

"They started?" He asked and the red head nodded, "Where's Dabi and the others?"

"They're already in there separate location," she said and turned to the blue haired villain who scratches his neck again. Rolling her eyes, she stopped his scratching with her quirk, "You should really take a bath more often."

---

Meanwhile, Bakugo saw a silhouette move at the side of his eyes he maneuvered his way to that direction. Then he saw the silhouette in an alleyway, leaning on a wall as if he's acting all cool and was expecting him to come.

"Tch, let's get this over with."

---

Todoroki is sliding on his thin ice and jumping from time to time, enjoying the cold air in his face and giggling out of nowhere.

"Where you at? Where you at? Where you at, little blue flames?" He muttered, looking side by side to find his target. He saw no one yet until a familiar figure came across his sight.

Giving himself a pat, he jumped down his railings of ice and made a slide of ice, unfreezing the previous one.

"Please be cooperative," he said before attacking with bright red flames.

---

Midoriya stopped using his quirk and started walking along a dark alleyway, blades in hand. He searched for his target by looking around with bored eyes.

"Target. Target. Target. Where are you?" He shivered. Never have he thought of asking that. He doesn't even want his target. He wants as his target is Bakugo, but he can never defy Nekta.

Feeling something shift behind him, he took a step beside him and turned his body as someone lounges towards him with a blade in hand. Clicking his tongue, he took that person's wrist and flipped it over his back.

"Eh? Deku-kun!?" Midoriya looked at the person he just flipped and saw it's Uraraka with a surprised look. She's in her hero suit and Midoriya felt something tugged something inside him.

Seeing Uraraka always makes his heart flutter, but something is different this time.

He smirked and took out his blade. He squatted down and handed his hand to her. She took it while blushing and he pulled her up.

"Uraraka-chan, I always like her," he said, making the girl blush even redder, but her eyes widened after Midoriya slashed her cheeks. She jumped away as Midoriya took his blade that scratched the girl's face and smirked.

"But you are so damn wrong if you think you can impersonate her, Toga," the girl who was suppose to be Uraraka laughed and her little façade melted down, together with her fake clothes.

"Awww, and I thought you might also like me if I copy her," Toga's voice resonated and soon, she stood there with no clothes on, but Midoriya never wavered at her nudeness.

"Like what you see?" Midoriya rolled his eyes and turned around, putting both his hands behind his head.

"This practice run is pointless. I'll just go back to Nekta-senpai," he said and Toga pouted knowing she didn't woo him even a little. Taking her secret stash of clothes that she had hidden earlier before this all started.

Midoriya took out of knife from inside his vest and twirled it in his hands as he walk away from Toga. Nekta said this will be their little practice before they actually go out to do missions and he isn't enjoying any seconds of it. Why? Because he was assigned to fight Toga.

He'll be fine if it's Dabi, but Todoroki was paired up with him while Bakugo got paired up with Twice.

"Oh! That's it! I'll go to where Kacchan and Twice are!" he said and used Full Cowling to find any exploding alleyway where Bakugo could be fighting Twice.

As he was about to make a turn in another dark side of buildings, he caught a glimpse of the lit street of the city and stopped, landing on the ground. He stared as people and vehicles pass by. This path is oddly familiar.

He walked out the alleyway and started walking along the street, keeping his blades inside his vest to avoid suspicion. No one can even recognize him if he walk out into the light. His distinguished green hair slowly pales together with his skin so only people who really knows him will recognize. But they have to look closer.

As he was walking around, he looks around to see shops still open with their neon light signs hanging out. He saw one shop that sells hero merchandise and he saw a whole area with AllMight merch. He stopped and stared at that certain area.

Yes, he was his idol, his role-model and his predecessor. AllMight was everything to him and the reason why he wanted to be a hero. He wouldn't have a quirk if he didn't gave it to him. He wouldn't have passed the UA entrance exam if it weren't for him. He wouldn't have been a target of the League of Villains if it weren't for him. He was always the start. He always was.

"And they say you're a Symbol of Peace when all you brought was chaos," he muttered to no one in particular and walked off. He's not mad at him nor he hates him. He just lost his acknowledgement of his hero figure now that he's a villain and his enemy.

---

Nekta glared at Toga who just came back without Midoriya. The blonde told her that Midoriya walked off and ignored the practice run, but Nekta hummed thoughtfully.

"What are you thinking now, Nekta?" Kurogiri asked, turning his head to the teenager.

"Deku is main dish and the best I have made since I worked with the emphatic parasite. I'm curious at what he will do if he go up against a someone whose not a villain," Shigaraki turned to her and smiled widely.

"Brilliant!" He said and turned to Kurogiri, "I believe this is where I say, release the Kraken?"

Kurogiri nodded, understanding. He then faded as Nekta jumped down the tower, leaving Toga and Shigaraki there to watch will happen in this city tonight.

---

That moment I always almost type 'gaga' whenever I type Toga's name? Yeah, so that's it. Thanks for the support so far, everyone! Mahal ko kayo!

~RSE out