Chapter 33 - Adjustments

Two whole weeks have passed since the incident with Overhaul and the heroes. Chisaki's dead because of Shigaraki and they have acquired the drugs the yakuzas were developing. From what they have heard, the reputation of heroes got stained because of several reasons and the League is happy that they are a major factor of it.

Three talented and prize students of UA got officially turned into villains and the reason of having them brainwashed couldn't cut it. Another reason is having the heroes' mission to rescue an abused child from villains was flunked by the League as to where the child seemingly agrees to come with them as to what Eraserhead said.

And finally, getting another UA student in the hands of villains.

At the moment, the sworn secrecy that Tsuyu had with Uraraka burdened her and no one knows of it yet. However, the whole Class 1-A is devastated with losing four of their friends.

On the other hand, the League went to a new headquarter, provided by Dabi. with two new heads, they have to make adjustments and the Marauders are ready to take responsibilities for the two new souls with them.

---

Inside Nekta's new room, Eri sat on the older girl's bed while holding a ragdoll with white hair and buttons for eyes while Nekta braids her long white hair. The little girl's horn visibly shortened as her quirk activities lessen. Nekta observed this and concluded that her horn is a factor of her quirk and that's a great way to monitor her.

Her appearance also improved. Her previous ragged made-up dress is replaced with a cute white long sleeve blouse under red jumper shorts. Nekta provides her clothes and overall takes care of her to the point where she acts like an elder sister to the abused little girl.

Weaving the last strands of her beautiful white hair, Nekta took a band and tied her hair at the end.

"There, all done," she said with a gentle smile, pushing a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. The little girl looked at her and Nekta fix strands of her hair back and pushed her head up to make Eri look at her, "Now that looks better, don't you think?"

"Nekta-san, you're so nice to me. Why?" Eri asks and Nekta's smile fell and grabbed the little girl's hand.

"Because you're like my little sister," she said and she laid eyes on a rabbit pin by her desk and took it.

"Where is she?" Eri asked again and Nekta put the pin on Eri's hair.

"Somewhere fun and happy," she said and stood up from her bed and handed her palm to Eri, "Come on. Let's get something to eat."

Nekta never really liked children, but Eri's an exception. She gives her the impression that resembles someone dear to her. And that impression leads her to the rescue of Eri. And the little girl knows more about her than her team. She knows about her as much as Shigaraki and Kurogiri now, minus all the violence and tragedies.

They arrived in the living room and there they saw Todoroki and Midoriya playing prank on Spinner and Dabi in which the latter doesn't enjoy. Toga is on the side, her elbows on her lap, staring at Midoriya with adoration in her eyes. Nekta swears that Toga already tried advances on the boy where she is awe fully rejected. Mr Compress and Bakugo just sat quietly by the corner where Bakugo kills his phone and the older man practice his magic tricks.

Her brother and Kurogiri is nowhere to be seen, but someone else is in the living room. Uraraka Ochako. She have her head down the whole time, not paying attention in her surroundings.

She woke up in this place with a broken leg where she is currently healing from. She doesn't speak with anyone but Midoriya who either just openly tries flirting with her or prank her. These are all new to her and in a negative way in the brunette's point of view. Adjusting is just too hard.

"Deku-san?" Eri called and the green-eyed boy stopped from laughing with his dual hair-colored friend as he turns to the little girl with a smile.

"Eri-chan! How cute! Did senpai fixed your hair for you?" The girl timidly nodded and Midoriya walked over to her and smiled, "Senpai looks like a tomboy but she sure do knows fashion."

"Very flattering, Deku," Nekta said with a sarcastic tone and her eyes glance at Bakugo who is too concentrated on whatever he is playing in his phone to even pay attention to his surroundings.

"Eri-chan! Wanna go ice skating with me?" Todoroki asked, skipping to her direction. For once, his childish personality is of help. He understands what a child should do and play. At least Midoriya is sane enough to know which is safe and which is not.

"But I don't...know how," she said, but Nekta used her quirk to lift Eri and place her on Midoriya's shoulder.

"I'll teach you how! It's easy!" Todoroki said and freeze the free space in the living room and put a feet forward.

"Be careful with her, idiots," Nekta said and the two troublemakers nodded before leaving to play with Eri.

Nekta walked to a free one-person couch and took out her phone to mind her own business. She went to play find something to play something in her phone and decided to with Helix Jump since she had enough ML for a while.

As she annoy herself with the endearing game, she can't help but look at Bakugo's worked up face while growling at his phone like an idiot and she enjoys it. Normally, she have to do something to enjoy seeing people frustrated, but after meeting Bakugo, she enjoys him more that any other.

"Ooh! What's this? Checking out Bakugo? Nekta-chan, you sly b*tch," Toga chuckled as she sits on the arm of Nekta's couch.

"Yucks, Himiko," she muttered and continued on her game. But the blonde girl didn't stopped there.

"Oh come on! We're both teenage girls and hormones really strong within us. You just have to admit to yourself that you like Mr Sparky Sparky Boom Boom Man," she said and Nekta is eternally greatful for her skin tone for hiding her blush.

"Yeah, right. Keep your hormones to yourself, Himiko," she said and moved on to the next level.

"Oh okay," she swear she hear the smirk in the younger teen's voice and left. She sat back down on a couch, right beside Bakugo and continued on daydreaming about Midoriya for sure.

Nekta growled and looked at Uraraka who is totally motionless as a statue. That's totally out of character of her, she must know since she have acted as her friend for a week.

Putting her phone on top of the center table, she walked over to Uraraka and the brunette looked at her.

"What do you want?"

"You seem lonely," Nekta said flatly as she stare at her with a blank expression.

Uraraka knows that the Nekta-senpai she met a few months ago is a fake. The cheery, caring, sister-like Nekta Ramirez is just a façade the villain, Syren made. The real Nekta is right in front of her now. In a black tank top and pair of white shorts, looking casual for a wanted murderer. Well, the rest look all casual while being wanted at the same time. Maybe it's because of the small amount of conscience they have.

"You should be thankful none of us killed you yet," Nekta said and Uraraka looked at her with a slight aggression.

"Then why didn't you?"

"Because, Deku wants you to stay with him. If it was me or Aniki, you are better off in UA right now, but Deku insisted on taking you. And as you may know, he is a very important asset of the league," Nekta said and Uraraka looked away, perplexed.

"Deku...he doesn't deserve this. He only do all of these because he was brainwashed," she said and Nekta gazed towards Midoriya who's holding Eri's hand while letting her skate in the improvised ice skating rink.

"I did gave him a choice," she said and looked back to Uraraka, "Whether to come with me or fight me for his freedom."

The younger teen's eyebrows furrowed as Nekta's lips curve up into a smile.

"And you could guess that he chose to come with me," she said and left the brunette who have an unsure look on her face.