27. Settling In

Tyler's POV

"So, Tyler, what would you like for dinner? I'm sure you're hungry!" Seto asks, getting up from Brice's lap and walking over to me. "Yeah, but don't worry, I'll finish my potato tonight." I say, pulling out another potato. "No, Tyler, you probably haven't had a home-cooked meal in years! I insist on making you dinner." Seto says, placing a hand on my head.

"Come on, Tyler. I want you to feel like a king as our child. Brice will spend some time with you while I make it." He says sternly, and I nod. "Yes, dad" I say, and he smiles. Seto was right. I hadn't had a real meal in years, and I sure did miss them.

I run over to Brice and jump into his arms. "Hey buddy!" He chuckles, and I kiss his cheek. "Hi dad!" I say, digging my head in his chest. Brice.was holding me up by my bottom, and I had my legs around his waist. Seto looks at us and smiles, walking over and pecking Brice on the lips, and pecking me on the head. "Love you guys" He says quietly, before turning around and walking to the kitchen.

Brice carries me to a large room, and sets me down on the floor. "Well, Tyler, this room is your room. You can decorate it however you want!" He says happily, and my jaw drops. The room was huge, with a queen size bed against one wall, a bookshelf against another, and a large sliding glass door leading to a balcony on another. "Wow...." I say quietly, and Brice smiles. "Do you like it?" Brice asks, and I turn to him. "I love it!" I shout, hugging him.

"Good." He chuckles, hugging me back. "I'd just like to say thanks again for adopting me. I owe so much to you and Seto!" I say, and he kneels down to my level and looks me in the eyes. "You don't us anything, except for being our son." He says quietly, and I wrap my arms around him once again. "I love you." I say into his shoulder, and I hug him tighter, before we hear Seto's voice calling. "BRICE!! GET IN HERE!!!" He screams.

Brice quickly runs out of my arms and to the kitchen. I run quickly after him, stopping at the kitchen to see a pan that burst into huge flames, and the oven was smoking. Brice's eyes go wide at the sight of Seto cowering in the corner.

"Tyler! Stay back!" Brice shouts, and I run over to the corner with Seto. By now, the whole kitchen was pretty much on fire. Seto grabs me and holds me close to his chest, pushing me into the corner. I then hear Brice saying some very weird, foreign words.

"Rot zis bilo fuln uk um zo dewol eb waxatol!"

He chants loudly. I look out from under Seto, to see balls of water appearing on his hands, and he shoots them at the fire, putting it out instantly. He runs over to us and hugs us both. "Are you guys okay?!" He asks. I nod, but Seto doesn't. I get out from under him to see that his sleeves had holes in them, revealing severe burns on his arms. Brice gasps, grabbing Seto's arms and examining his burns.

Seto kept flinching in pain, tears rolling down his face, but he wasn't saying anything. "Stand back." Brice says to me, and I step back about 2 feet. Gold auroras appear on Brice's hands and he puts them up to Brice's arms. My eyes go wide. Was Brice using....magic? He pulls away from Seto, the auroras fading. Seto's burns were gone.

"Whoa! What just happened?!" I ask, my draw dropped. Seto and Brice both bite their bottom lips, giving each other nervous looks. "We forgot to mention that, didn't we?" Seto asks with a nervous laugh. "Yup." Brice says, scratching the back of his neck. Seto walks over to me, kneels down to my level, and places his hands on my shoulders. He sighs. "Son, your father and I are.....Sorcerers." He says quietly, making my jaw drop even further in amazement. "S-Sorcerers?" I stutter, and he nods. I couldn't believe it. I had got lucky enough to get a family, and extremely lucky because they were Sorcerers.

"Wow, I just....I can't even...." I stutter, before Seto pulls me in for a hug. "I'm sorry about burning your dinner..." Seto apologizes. "Hey, let's go out somewhere! Let's invite the guys so they can meet Tyler! We'll have a big dinner!" Brice cheers. Other guys? This should be fun. I think to myself. Seto's face lights up at Brice's suggestion. "Yeah! I'll go call them!" Seto cheers, getting up and running over to the nearest phone.