19. Morgue

Brice's POV

I take the phone from Seto, and try to sound as if I'd been awake for hours already.

"Hello?"

"Brice Solace?"

"Yes."

"Hello, we have heard about your recent professions, and we would like to offer you a job here at the Morgue. We know that you have seen dead bodies before, so you wouldn't freak out. Is this correct?"

"Yes."

"Ok. Well as you know, you will have to investigate these bodies carefully. We cannot have any false evidence. But do not worry, there will be others there. What do you say?"

I turn to Seto, and that's when I realize that the phone was on speaker. Seto nods, so I go back to the phone.

"Sure, I'll do it."

"Great! You begin at 7 AM tomorrow morning. We look forward to having you! Goodbye!"

I hang up, and turn to Seto, who had a big smile on his face. "Brice! You have a job!" He cheers, hugging me. "I know!" I laugh, hugging him back. But then, I can't let go of him. Tears form in my eyes, and I let out a small sob.

"Brice, what's wrong?" Seto asks. "It's just, those dead bodies, how will I get used to it?" I whisper, and Seto tilts my head up with two fingers. "Hey, you saw me dead, and you didn't freak out, did you?" "Seto, please don't bring that up..." "Did you?" He asks firmly, and I shake my head. "That's what I thought. I know you're strong, you'll get used to it. I promise." He whispers, and I nod. "Thanks Seto" I say, and he wipes the tear from my eye, before leaning in and kissing me.

[SO MANY TIME SKIPZ OMFG]

I pull up to an isolated building, getting out of my car and walking up to the door. I open it, then walk inside, going up to a large desk. "Brice Solace" I say, and the woman nods. "Right this way." She says, leading me down a set of stairs, stopping at the bottom. "Wait here." She says, walking back up the stairs.

After around 10 minutes, I am greeted by a cheery woman. "Hello! I am Vanessa, we talked on the phone." She says kindly, offering her hand. I shake it gently, before she leads me down the hall. "Ok, so we have the first body in there. The others are waiting for you to begin. Go on in!" She cheers, turning around and walking back down the hallway. I put my hand on the icy cold handle, and slowly turn it.

I open the door to see a body on the table, a man looking at the body, and another man sitting in a chair in the corner of the room, face in his hands, crying. "Hello, you must be Brice. I'm Adam." The man standing says, offering his hand. He was dressed in an outfit made up of different shades of gray, and he had an amulet around his neck, along with a pair of sunglasses covering his eyes. He was wearing black gloves, and wore red shoes. I shake his hand, before he pulls his away. "Put this on." He says, handing me a pair of gloves, a mask, and a blue medical suit. He and I both put all these things on, before turning to the body.

He was a furry creature, wearing a suit with a shiny red tie. "His name was Jerome..." The man in the corner sobs quietly. He was wearing a checkered hoodie, with dark blue jeans, red high-tops, and a shiny dog tag hanging from a chain on his neck. He had light brown hair, and bloodshot eyes. "H-he was my husband..." He whispers, now crying even harder. "I'm so sorry..." I say. "What's your name?" Adam asks. "Mitch." The man chokes, before going back to crying. I then turn my attention back to Jerome.

I flinch a bit, but get over it quickly. His body looks just fine, no stab marks or gunshots. We begin searching more thoroughly, until Adam gets up to his face. He examines it carefully, before opening Jerome's mouth with his finger. Then, a terrible stench fills the air. "Well, here's the problem." Adam says, motioning for me to come see. I look into Jerome's mouth, and see that his tongue was bright green. "He was...poisoned.." I say, trying not to hurl from the smell. "What?!" Mitch cries, running over to us. He looks into Jerome's mouth, then gasps, and covers his own mouth with his hands.

"J-Jerome..." Mitch stutters, before breaking down to the floor. "H-he was murdered?! In the form of poison?!" Mitch shouts, pounding the floor with his fist. Adam and I just look at each other, then sigh.

[Time Skip]

"How was it?" Seto asks desperately as I walk through the door. "Depressing. There was this guy named Jerome who was poisoned, and Ant, who had taken a blow to the head. And their husbands Mitch and Jordan wouldn't stop crying." I sigh, and Seto wraps his arms around me. "Can you continue?" He asks, and I hesitate for a minute, thinking. But then I shake my head. This wasn't the job for me. Seto nods, obviously understanding.

"Hey" Seto whispers, and I look up into his eyes. "Wanna go have some fun?"