21. Decisions

Brice's POV

I sit on the bed with my phone, listening to the faint sound of the shower running, and the occasional sound of Seto's voice as he sings. I quietly sneak into the bathroom, not letting Seto know I was there.

"We've only just begun, hypnotized by drums, until forever comes, you'll find us chasing the sun. They said this day wouldn't come, we refuse to run, we've only just begun, you'll find us chasing the sun."

He sings, and I laugh just loud enough for him to hear. He turns around quickly and looks at me through the glass door. He jumps, screams, and drops the bar of soap that was in his hands. "Don't scare me like that!" He shouts, and I laugh. "You should've seen your face!" I shout, falling to the ground in laughter. "It's not funny!" He yells, but he can't hold it anymore, and he begins laughing, too.

(By the way, the song is "Chasing the Sun (Hardwell Radio Edit)" by The Wanted)

"Brice, you're a jerk" He chuckles, before I leave the bathroom and flop back down on the bed, still laughing. I get out my phone again, and decide to check my bank account. I pull it up, and it says that I have $7392.62. Then, a sudden thought pops into my mind, just out of no where.

Buy it. Do it now. Keep him forever. Go and buy it.

I bite my lip, thinking, hesitating. I try to tell my mind that it's too soon, but it keeps fighting back.

Go! Buy it! Make him yours! Nobody can take him if you just buy it!

Seto's POV

I step out of the hot shower, drying my hair with a nearby towel. I then wrap it around my waist, going out to my bedroom. Instead of seeing Brice, I see a note. I walk over and pick it up.

Dear Seto,
I decided that I would go out and quit my job. I'll be back in a few minutes. I'll bring something home for us to eat, and maybe some Starbucks if I have enough money left over from lunch.
-Brice

Brice's POV

I walk up to the Morgue and open the glass door. "Brice! Where were you earlier? You're a bit late, y'know." Vanessa says, as I walk up to the front desk. "Listen, Vanessa, I know I've only worked here for one day, but one day was enough to prove that this isn't the job for me. I'm sorry, but I quit." I sigh, and she gives a frown. "Ok. I completely understand. We have that happen a lot. But we do have our strongest worker, Adam, so we'll be alright. It was nice having you." She says, and I nod, turning around and walking back out of the door. I then get in my car again.

This is it, Brice. Time to go buy it.

[Time Skip]

I pull up in the driveway, a bag from Subway in my hands. Unfortunately, I did not have enough money for Starbucks. I put my key in the lock, turn it, and open the large door.

"Brice!" Seto shouts as I walk in, running down the hallway, but stopping as soon as he sees the bag. "Ooooooooooooo Subway!" He says, making me laugh. We walk to the kitchen, and sit down at the table. Seto desperately grabs the bag, pulling out his sandwich.

[After a long, boring, sandwich eating moment, comes a time skip to 4 hours later.]

I turn the key into the ignition, and look over at Seto, who had just put his seatbelt on. "Where are we going?" He asks, turning to me. "You'll see" I chuckle, looking over my shoulder as I back out of the driveway.