13. Confessions

Brice's POV

16 Days Left

"I'll be home in a little bit, I just have to go get a few Standard Galactic books." Seto says, walking out of the gigantic front door. I wave and turn around, about to head to the library, when I am stopped by a hovering figure. She has long blue hair, a bright red jacket, a white tee shirt, and brown pants. "Who are you?" I ask, as she slowly approaches me. "I am Marin Lightbreak." She explains, her feet touching the ground as she lands inches from me. "What are you doing here?" I ask, slowly backing away from her. "I came to confess something. I snuck out, while MasterSorcerer wasn't looking. I am his servant." She explains, tilting her head down. "Well, go on then, tell me" I say, slowly inching back towards her. "Well, you know why MasterSorcerer is so cruel? Well I....made him that way, and he doesn't even know it." She whispers, tears forming in her eyes. "W-what do you mean?!" I ask desperately, and she looks up at me.

"Long ago, back in the teenage years, MasterSorcerer was a good Sorcerer. His name was Daniel Longford. We lived in the same neighborhood, so one day I became his girlfriend. We were so happy together that it seemed like nothing could go wrong. After a few years, he proposed, and I said yes. We had our wedding, and he was the happiest I'd ever seen him. But one day he began yelling at me, and he started doing it for fun. One day it became too much for me, so I faked my death. I then saw how devastated he was, and something turned inside of him. He became evil and took over the whole Sorcerer's Realm. One day, I longed to see him just once more, so I changed my whole appearance and went to him at his throne. But something evil struck me as I entered his dark castle, so I decided to become his servant. But he was still completely clueless as to who I was, and to this day, he still doesn't know, because I changed my last name. But recently, I have felt my brightness returning, and I want to be good again. So, me and a few others have started a group in secret called The Fighters. We want you to join. In 16 days, when Master arrives here, we can gang up and kill him, and save your boyfriend. We support your love completely. What do you say?"

I process her words slowly. I then look up at her, and look into her pleading eyes. "I'll do it, for Seto." I say firmly, and she nods. "One more thing before I go." She says, and I nod. She grabs my face and connects our lips.

I stand there in shock, but kiss back. I put my hand on the side of her face, and snake the other around her waist, pulling her closer. But then she suddenly dissapears, and I can hear a key turn in the giant door's lock. I immediately rush to the study and pull out a book, acting as if I'd been there the entire time.

"Hey" Seto says, walking in. "I brought you something." I look up at him, and he pulls out a purple book and places it in front of me. "Thanks." I say, getting up to give him a hug, but he roughly pulls me in and rips my shirt off. "Can we do this again? I really enjoyed it the first time!" He pleads, and I nod.

Marin's POV

I slowly approach MasterSorcerer's throne room, and when I enter, I am surprised at his state. He was crying. "Sir, are you alright?" I ask, hovering over to him and placing a hand on his shoulder. "I'm fine, I was just looking at some old pictures." His deep voice booms with pain and sadness. He hands me three pictures. One of our dating years, one of our wedding day, and one of the day I faked my death. Something snaps inside of me, and I feel I need to confess.

"Daniel, Daniel Longford." I say, and he turns and looks me in the eyes, his eyes filled with pain and shock. "H-how did you k-know that?" He stutters. "Because, my name isn't Marin Lightbreak, it's Marin Seinfeld." I say, pulling off my blue wig to reveal my signature brown hair with blonde highlights, and take off my jacket to reveal the tattoo on my left arm, that matches his.

"Marin...it really is you..." He says, getting up from his throne and looking down at me. I nod, and suddenly his face fills with anger. "YOU LIED TO ME THIS WHOLE TIME WHEN I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD?! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH PAIN AND SUFFERING I WENT THROUGH??!!" He yells, slamming me against the wall, his strong grip on my throat, choking me. "But, Dani-" I choke, before being cut off by a sharp pain in my chest. I look down and see a sharp knife in my heart, covered in blood. He pulls it out of my chest, dropping me to the ground. I see his piercing red pupils glowing, before my vision goes out.

Forever.