25. Graveyards

[One Week After the Wedding]

Mitch's POV

Jordan and I walk along the cemetery, searching for 2 specific stones. After about an hour, Jordan finally finds them. "Over here!" My fiancé shouts. I run over to him, before stopping at the two gravestones. Right beside each other - Taylor Harris and Jerome Aceti. I grab Jordan's arm and cuddle close to him, trying very hard to keep the tears in.

Then, something shiny catches my eye, right beside Jerome's grave. It was halfway in the ground, with a handle sticking out of it. I walk over to it and grip the handle. I tug at it desperately, but it doesn't budge. I pull harder, but suddenly it rips out of the ground roughly, causing me to fall backwards. "You alright?" Jordan asks, and I nod. I then look at the shiny blue axe in my hands.

It was Betty.

I can't stand it anymore, and the tears flow down my face. "Mitch, what is that?" Jordan asks, kneeling down for a better look. "B-Betty, Jerome's most p-prized possession...." I choke through sobs. "Oh..." Jordan says quietly.

Jordan's POV (Short)

Mitch grips the axe tighter, continuously sobbing "Jerome.." quietly. But then, a transparent figure appears. He was a furry creature in a suit, wearing a red tie.

"Mitch.." He says in Mitch's ear. Mitch looks up, his eyes go wide, and he screams.

Mitch's POV

"JEROME??!!" I scream loudly, and Jerome puts a finger up to his lips. "Shhhh....Mitch...it's okay.." He says softly, which calms me down a bit. "I'm Jerome's ghost" He whispers, placing a hand on my shoulder. But instead of his hand going right through me, I feel weight on my shoulder. "Jerome, you're a ghost, how are you not going right through me?" I ask, and he shrugs. "I guess it's just like I'm really here, just....somewhat transparent." He says, bringing a giant smile to my face.

I get up from the ground and hug him tight. "I missed you..." I say, tears of joy flowing down my face. "Jordan, you may want to look away.." Jerome says. "How do you know my name?" Jordan asks, confused. "I know everything Mitch knows. Now, turn around." Jerome says sternly. Jordan sighs, then turns around.

Jerome slams our faces together, connecting our lips. My eyes go wide in shock, but close in pleasure as I kiss back. I was kissing....a ghost. Jerome's ghost. I pull away, and what I see shocks me. Jerome was no longer transparent. He was fully visible.

I run out of his arms and over to his grave. I grab a nearby shovel, and dig up his grave as fast as I can. I open up the coffin, and sure enough, it was empty.

I gasp in shock. The one I kissed was the real Jerome. I then look over at Jordan, who had tears streaming down his face. Just then, a man with an amulet and goatee approaches Jordan from behind and taps his shoulder. Jordan turns around, and his face lights up at the sight of the man. "TAYLOR!!" He screams, jumping into the man's arms. Taylor smiles and hugs Jordan back. Then, Jordan walks out of Ant's arms and walks over to me. "I'm sorry..." He mumbles quietly, taking off his engagement ring and placing it in my hand. I nod, then bury my head in Jerome's chest. I've missed my fluffy Bacca. I then pull out a small cloth from my back pocket.

"I take them everywhere, as a memo of you. But now you're here, so we can put them back on." I say, unwrapping the cloth to reveal two shiny, solid silver rings. I slide one on Jerome's finger and one on mine. "It's good to have my husband back" I say happily, intertwining my fingers with Jerome's as we walk out of the graveyard.