12. Waiting

Seto's POV

25 Days Left

I immediately grab my spell book and turn to my strongest healing spell. I place both of my hands on Brice's chest and close my eyes.

"Cemo en dudo waxako an axarloaxadupp di penk riko waxaitick."

I chant the words, but nothing happens. I look at my hands in confusion. It's worked on unconscious people before! I say to myself. I decide to try again.

"Cemo en dudo waxako an axarloaxadupp di penk riko waxaitick."

Still nothing. What the hell? I grab a glass off of one of the tables and smash it to the ground. I grab one of the shards and swipe it across my arm, slashing it open. Blood trickles down my arm, before landing on the ground. I place my other hand on the wound and chant the spell, and it heals instantly.

If it works on me, why isn't it working on Brice? I then place my fingers on the sides of his head, and transfer into his memories of the last 30 minutes.

Your time is running out, y'know. I bet you want to spend that time with Seto, huh? Well, I'm going to take some time off of that by knocking you out for a few days, and no level of Sorcery can wake you up until then.

I listen closely to MasterSorcerer's words, then transfer out of Brice's memories. "Brice..." I choke, tears forming in my eyes. They begin streaming down my face as I put my hands on the sides of Brice's face. "I ca-n't go days without you" I whisper with a voice crack. I kiss Brice's forehead before picking him up.

I carry his limp body to the lounge and sit down. I lay his head on my knee and begin stroking his hair. The tears sting my face as they begin flowing even more heavily. "Brice..." I mumble, leaning down and gently kissing his cold lips. I then lean my head back and fall asleep on the couch.

MasterSorcerer's POV

I smirk at my crystal ball, then let out an evil laugh. "Sir...why are you doing this?" Marin asks shyly and quietly. "Because, Marin, LOVE IS DISGUSTING! And these two have passed my breaking point! They deserve to be punished!" I shout angrily at Marin, who quickly hides her head. "S-sorry s-sir!" She squeaks, before rushing out of the room.

I go back to my crystal ball to see that Seto has awoken, and he was once again kissing Brice. That's it. I think to myself.

Seto must die.

Seto's POV

I wake up in a few minutes, so I decide to give Brice another kiss. "Don't stay gone for too long.." I whisper, some of my tears landing on his face. Then, my stomach rumbles, so I leave Brice on the couch and head to the kitchen. I grab an apple out of the fridge, and walk back to the lounge. I grab a Standard Galactic book out of the small drawer, and sit at the desk.

[TIME SKIPZ BECAUSE SETO JUST LOUNGING AROUND IS BORING]

19 Days Left

19 DAYS LEFT.

The familiar message appears in my mind. I look over at Brice and let out a sigh. I haven't seen him in 5 days, and I miss his presence. I walk over to him and pick him up. I carry him to his room and lay him down on his bed. I snuggle up close to his cold, limp body, and put his arms around me. I then feel a hand stroke my hair, and my eyes widen. I look up to see Brice smiling at me.

"BRICE!!!!" I scream, tears of joy flowing down my face. I hug him and squeeze him tight. I then pull away and he looks into my eyes. "I missed you so much!" I cry, smiling. "I missed you, too." He cheers, putting a hand on my face. "How long was I out for?" He asks. "5 days." I say quietly, and his eyes go wide in surprise. "Oh." Is all he says, before pulling my face in and connecting our lips.

I kiss back passionately, and full of love. I've missed him so much, no amount of words can explain. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his around my waist, pulling my body closer to his, until I'm on his lap.

He then pulls away and puts his mouth up to my ear. "I love you" He whispers, before grabbing my hand and slipping out of the bed. "Well come on! I just got up, I need to move!" He chuckles, as I get up after him. He takes a step but nearly falls over. "Woah!" I chuckle as I catch him, and he pecks my cheek.

MasterSorcerer's POV

I look down at the picture of my family. My mother holding my father's hand, and they each have one hand on my shoulders. I then pull out a later picture of me as a teenager, with my girlfriend. I smile a little at the sight of her, then pull out another photo. Our wedding day. Me kissing her, both of us in wedding clothing. I then pull out the final picture of her funeral, and tears form in my eyes.

Her name was Marin.