4. The First Lesson

Brice's POV

I get out of my bed and walk over to a mirror on the wall. I grab my comb and gel from my bag. I begin combing through my hair until its shiny, and apply a very small amount of gel for shape. "I'll shower tonight" I mutter to myself.

I walk out of my room and down the long hallway until I reach the kitchen. To my surprise, Seto was cooking eggs and bacon. "You up now?" He chuckles lightly, handing me a plate with 2 sunny-side-up eggs and 3 pieces of bacon. My favorite breakfast. How did he know....?

I sit at the large table and I'm soon joined by Seto sitting on the other side of the table, 3 seats down from me. "Actually...Seto...can you sit next to me?" I mumble shyly and quietly. "Um...sure!" He cheers, sitting down right beside me. Is that cologne I smell...? Well, whatever it is, it sure smells good.

After we finish, Seto gives me a cheery smile. Why is he so cheery all the time? "Are you ready?" He says excitedly. I think of my dream.... "F-for what..?" I stutter nervously. "Why, to learn Sorcery of course!" He chuckles. Thank God, I nearly forgot what I was here for, so caught up in Seto's perfectness... My thoughts are soon interrupted by Seto grabbing my hand, pulling me off my chair, and into an enchanting room.

"Here we are!" He says excitedly. There is an enchanting table in the middle of the large circular room, bookcases lining every single tall wall.

"Shall we begin?" He asks, and I nod in response. He walks to the enchantment table and stands on one side, gesturing for me to stand across from him. "Ok, let's start with the basic rules" He says, looking into my eyes.

"1. Always say your spells clearly, or you could mess up and cast a different spell, and something bad might happen."

"2. Always be sure to get the words right before casting, or the same consequences may happen, so you need to study every night."

"3. The most important rule, never aim harmful spells directly at someone, unless it's for self defense."

"That's about it, really." He explains. I re-say the rules to myself again and again in my head, until I have them memorized. "Got it." I say confidently, suddenly not feeling so self-concious about talking to Seto anymore.

"Alright, we'll start with a simple spell. A levitation spell, ok?" I nod sternly. He opens his enchanting book and sets a quill on the edge of the table. Then his voice becomes deep and serious, and his pupils disappear as his eyes turn completely purple, and begin glowing.

"Eminarp lae renam pe: Kec secise linaer co cec tamirii" He chants, as the quill begins rising from the table. His eyes then turn back to normal as the feather falls to the ground. "You try" He says in his cheery voice, flipping the book over and pointing to the words he'd just chanted. "Now remember, relax" He said gently before I began.

I looked down at the book and began chanting the words. As I begin, I feel a sensation run through my body. Everything turns a shade of bright, glittery gold in my vision. I see the quill rising off of the table as I get deeper in thought. I then read the last word, and the quill falls back on the table. The sensation is gone, and my vision is normal again.

"Amazing!!!!" Seto shrieks, jumping up and down. He pulls me in and hugs me, and I feel passion and comfort in his warm embrace. That's it, I love Seto. I said it. He then pulls away and gets inches away from my face once again. "You're a fast learner" He chuckles as our faces gradually get closer. "H-hey Seto, c-can I a-ask you a qu-question?" I stutter, obviously blushing. He was blushing, too. "Does this answer it?" He asks, before grabbing me by the collar of my shirt and connecting our lips.

I stand there in shock for a couple seconds, before kissing him back passionately. This is what I wanted. This is exactly what I wanted, to kiss Seto. He slowly pulls away to get some air. "Well, does it answer your question?" He asks, panting. I nod as we lean in and kiss again.

Seto's POV

I couldn't resist it anymore. I only knew Brice for 2 days, but it felt like I'd known him forever. Once I saw my chance, I went in for the kiss. I desperately needed to know what he tasted like, to know if I still wanted him. And sure enough, I did. But now I wanted him more. I wanted him to be more than just a student to me, and more than just a friend. I wanted him to be mine.

We pull away again and I look into his eyes. I smile as he says the four words I so desperately wanted to hear: "I love you, Seto" He whispered quietly, leaning our foreheads together. "I love you too, Brice" I whisper, a sincere smile spreading across both of our faces. He gently brushes another soft kiss on my lips before pulling away.

"So, should we continue with the lesson and get back to that later?" He asks, scratching the back of his neck and blushing. I nod and walk back over to the enchanting table.