11. Sacrifice

Seto's POV

25 Days Left

3 days have passed since I got the message about sacrifice, and I haven't stopped thinking. If I don't sacrifice myself, they will sacrifice one of The Fighters, and with even one missing, they could all fail. MasterSorcerer could kill all of them, and I know he's going to kill me. He's going to imprison Brice for the rest of his life. On the other hand, if I do sacrifice myself, Brice can join The Fighters and kill MasterSorcerer, therefore setting things right. Either way, I die, so I'll do it. I'm going to sacrifice myself. For Brice.

I snuggle up close to Brice, and play with his shiny, golden hair. I plant a kiss on his cheek, then mumble "Brice, we need to teach you some more spells.". "Hm? Oh, yeah" He yawns, rubbing his eyes. "Come on, sleepyhead!" I chuckle, jumping out of bed. He then pulls the blanket up over his face, refusing to get up. "Come on Brice, or I'm not going to give you any kisses!" I tease, and he instantly shoots up and out of the bed, wrapping his arms around me. I give him a quick kiss, then grab his hand.

We head directly to the library, and I open my spell book. I turn to the tab marked "Self Defense and Attack", and clap my hands together. "Watch" I say, and Brice's eyes focus on my hands.

"Fupp zo daxalkoch chaxal di whoaxalfupp culso yeep seur."

As I chant the words, a small purple aurora appears above my hands. My feet float off of the ground and I begin hovering, the aurora slowly growing. In my mind, I repeatedly say shield, and a giant purple shield appears in front of me.

I then take my hands apart, making the shield disappear, and I gently touch the ground. "That spell, Brice, can summon anything you think of. For instance, I was thinking shield, and you saw what happened. You give it a try." I say, pointing to the spell in the book.

Brice clasps his hands together, and repeats the chant.

"Fupp zo daxalkoch chaxal di whoaxalfupp culso yeep seur."

He, too, hovers off of the ground. Then, his whole body is surrounded by shiny golden armor. He then takes his hands apart and the armor disappears, and his feet gently touch the ground. "Great!" I shout, giving him a hug. He then pecks my lips and smiles.

"Well, I'll leave you to practice that." I say, turning around and gripping the handle of the gigantic door. "Love you" Brice says, a smile approaching my face. "Love you too" I chuckle, closing the gigantic doors behind me as I enter the hallway.

Then, the sharp pain (that I've mostly gotten used to) shoots through my head again.

25 DAYS LEFT

I sigh, then head to my room to do some reading. I grab a large purple book and settle underneath the sheets. After about 35 minutes, I hear a large crash.

I bolt up immediately and rush to the library as fast as I can. I open the doors to find Brice on the floor against the wall, with nearly every book either on the floor, or about to fall off of the shelf.

"Brice, look out!" I shout, but it was too late. A very large and heavy book fell right on top of his head, knocking him out. "BRICE!!!" I shout, running over to him. I get on my knees and grab his hand.

Brice's POV

25 Days Left

As Seto leaves the library, I go back to the spell book to practice the summoning spell.

" Fupp zo daxalkoch chaxal di whoaxalfu-" I begin, before a strong force pushes me against the wall, nearly choking me. Then, a very tall man appears, his hand on my neck, pinning me against the wall. He has a black hood and cape on, with a black shirt. His eyes are completely black, with red pupils.

"Hello Brice, I'm MasterSorcerer" His deep voice booms, as a very evil smile stretches across his face. He has scars all over his face, including one going through his eye. "Your time is running out, y'know. I bet you want to spend that time with Seto, huh? Well, I'm going to take some time off of that by knocking you out for a few days, and no level of Sorcery can wake you up until then." He says with an evil laugh, then drops me to the ground.

My neck is sore from his strong grip, so I rub my hand across it. He then snaps his fingers and the bookcases begin shaking, and I look up to see a very large book on the edge of the bookcase, about to fall on my head. He then disappears into thin air as Seto bursts through the doors.

"Brice, look out!" He yells, but I can't. MasterSorcerer stuck me to the ground. Next thing I know, I feel a very strong force hit my head and my vision goes black.