14. Inching Towards the Edge

Seto's POV

"BRICE!" I scream, running towards him. I pry at MasterSorcerer, but he doesn't budge. He holds the stake up to Brice's heart. "End of the line, bitch!" He laughs, stabbing the stake right into Brice's chest. Brice's eyes widen at contact, but close immediately.

MasterSorcerer drops him to the ground, then turns around and faces me. A wide, evil, cruel smile spreads across his face, revealing his sharp, pointy teeth. "You're welcome" He laughs sarcastically, then disappears.

I bolt up suddenly in bed, and look over to see Brice sleeping soundly next to me. I let out a sigh of relief, then cuddle up next to him, and begin crying tears of joy, knowing he was safe and sound, alive next to me.

5 Days Left

I look out the window silently, not taking my mind off of the terrible dream. I can't stand the thought - Brice, dead, with me just sitting there, watching it all unfold. I wasn't even trying to protect him.

"Wasn't trying to protect who?" I hear Brice say from behind me. I turn around and smile at him. "Did I say that out loud?" I chuckle nervously, and he nods. "Oh" I say, getting up and grabbing his hands. I lean my forehead against his, and close my eyes. "I love you" He whispers, before he brushes his lips against mine. We both smile through the kiss.

Then, the worst pain I have ever felt shoots through my head. My vision turns to the same bloody wall, but this time,MasterSorcerer's black eyes appear, his red pupils glowing, an evil grin on his face. Then, in big, bloody writing,

5 DAYS LEFT.

Then, everything goes back to normal as I feel myself once again cradled in Brice's warmth. "I love you, Seto." He whispers, and I smile. "I love you, too." I say, and he hugs me tighter.

[TIME SKIP!! LET'S GET THIS THING OVER WITH, SHALL WE? >: D]

1 Day Left

Brice and I sit in silence, thinking. Finally, I break the silence. "Tomorrow." I mumble, and he nods silently. Then, he wraps his arms around me tightly and begins crying. "Seto....I'm scared..." He chokes, and squeezes me tighter. "Me too." I whisper, tears forming in my eyes. "I just want this to end" He cries, and I nod, lost in my own tears.

[NOW IT GETS GOOD!!!!! TIME SKIP!!!]