26. A Big Step

Seto's POV

"Brice, are you serious?" I ask, still shocked at his question. We were sitting at the kitchen table, and Brice had just suggested that we adopt a child.

[This Part is Dedicated to @Itsrainingskylox]

He sighs, then nods. "I think it'd be a great experience for us, Seto. And if it doesn't work, we can just put it back up for adoption." He says, a serious tone in his voice. I sigh, looking down at my hand and fiddling with my wedding ring. "Brice, are you sure you're ready to take such a big step?" I ask, and he hesitates, then nods.

We sit there in silence for a while, thinking. "What age would you want?" I ask, breaking the silence. Brice looks over at me and shrugs. "I don't know, somewhere between 10 and 14." He says, and I nod. "Well, I can't believe we're doing this, but let's go." I say, grabbing my keys off of the table. I walk to the door, Brice following quickly behind me.

[Time Skip]

"Hello, we're here to adopt" Brice says as we walk up to a desk. "Right this way" The man says, leading us to a door. Behind it was jail cells, each one holding a child, all different ages. My heart breaks a little at the sight, and I cling to Brice. He puts an arm around me. "Age group?" The man asks, looking annoyed. "Pre teen" I say, and he nods.

We walk through the halls, looking at each child as we walk. Finally, the man stops. "Have a look around" He coughs. Brice and I begin our search for the perfect child to call our own.

I stop at a kid with a gray and red checkered shirt and big black glasses. "That's Tyler!" The man yells from behind me. "Hello Tyler." I say, smiling. "I'm not Tyler, I'm Janet!" He says in a cooky voice. I laugh a bit. "Nah, just kidding. I'm Tyler, voice actor" He says kindly, offering his hand through the bars. I shake it gently. "How old are you, Tyler?" I ask. "12" He says simply, pulling a potato out from his pocket and taking a big bite out of it.

"I've nicknamed myself MunchingBrotato. You have a lot of time to think in here, you know?" He asks, and I nod. This kid seemed very mature. "Well, Tyler, it was nice meeting you! I'll be right back!" I say kindly, and he waves, before taking another bite out of his potato.

I walk back over to Brice, who was still walking along the cells. "Any luck?" I ask. "Nope. You?" "Yeah, actually! There was this one kid over there named Tyler, who seemed very sweet and mature!" I cheer, and his face lights up. "Show me!" He says happily. I grab him by the wrist and pull him over to Tyler.

"Tyler, this is Brice, my husband." I say, worried that he may not like me anymore, based on the fact that I was gay. But surprisingly, he just smiles and walks up to the bars again, completely ignoring the fact.

"Oh hi Brice! I'm Tyler!" He says happily, kindly offering his hand to Brice. Brice shakes it, not taking the smile off of his face.

[MORE BORING CONVERSATION, LEADING TO PAPERWORK, AND A TIME SKIP]

Brice and I can't stop smiling. We had a son now. It was official. Tyler was walking between us, one hand holding mine, the other holding Brice's. We reach the car, and Brice lets go of Tyler's hand. "I'll drive home, you sit in the back with him." Brice says, and I nod.

Tyler and I hop in the back seat, putting our seatbelts on, as Brice begins backing out of the parking space. Tyler was sitting in the middle seat, inches away from me. To my surprise, he puts an arm around me and puts his head in my lap. "I love you, dad." He says kindly, bringing a sincere smile to my face. I gently place my hand on his head, stroking his hair. "I love you too, son." I say quietly, and before long, I hear quiet snores. I look in the mirror to see Brice smiling. He looks at me through the mirror and winks.

We pull up in the driveway, Tyler still asleep on my lap. Brice hops out of the driver's seat and opens my door. I put my hands up, and he, careful not to wake him, picks Tyler up. As soon as Tyler was off of my lap, I jump out of the car.

"Look how cute..." Brice and I whisper as we look at his sleeping face. He truly was adorable. We carry him inside and gently place him on the couch, putting a pillow under his head and a light blanket on top of him.

Brice and I just stand there and look at him, not taking the smiles off of our faces. "So, Seto, we have a son..." Brice says, and I nod. "We do." I say. "We should take him somewhere special tomorrow, but for now let's let him get some rest." Brice says, and I nod. We walk out of the living room, closing the French doors and turning off the lights.

Tyler's POV

I couldn't believe it. I had a home. A family. It had been so long since my parents died, and I'd been in that prison ever since. Nearly everyone that came up to me made fun of my glasses, then walked off. Nobody actually took notice of me like Seto and Brice did. I don't care if they're gay, I don't care if they're young, I don't even care if I hear moans coming from their bedroom! They're my new parents, and I have to respect, listen to, and of course, love them.

[Time Skip to Around 2 Hours Later]

I wake up on a soft, cushiony surface. Man, have I missed comfort. I lift my head up to see nothing but darkness, but turn around to see soft light coming through French doors. I get up from what I suspect to be a couch, and walk over to them.

I open one of them, walking out into a long white hallway, light coming from a room at the end of it. This place was huge. I walk down to the light, turning the corner to enter a dining room. Seto and Brice were sitting at the table, but Seto was in Brice's lap, arms around his neck, kissing him.

"Dads?" I ask quietly, and I can see both Seto and Brice's eyes go wide, pulling away instantly. "Heh heh, hi Tyler..." Seto says, blushing, rubbing the back of his neck. Brice was just blushing, not saying anything. "Sorry you had to see that..." Seto apologizes. "No, it's fine! You guys are married and I have to respect that! I'm not grossed out by that like most kids. Love is just a part of life, you know?" I say, and they both looked shocked.

"Wow....Tyler....I've never seen a kid act so respectful..." Brice says in a quiet voice. "Like I said, I'm not like other kids!" I say in my Janet voice, earning a laugh from both of them.