Chapter 24

{Carrie's POV}

{A year later}

"Mike! Stop! The kids can hear us." I scream with anger.

"Go to hell Carrie." He says not caring at all.

"Your being unreasonable! Just leave. Before things get bad." I say.

"Fine. Sign this. Now!" He demands.

He shoves papers at me and I unfold them. I read the papers and I begin to cry.

"Are you serious?" I cry hoping he's not.

"Yes. Sign them." He states.

I look at the papers and begin to think about it. We've been fighting almost everyday. It's not healthy for the kids.

I quickly sign my name. And hand him the papers. Divorce. Divorce keeps running through my mind.

Mike packs a bag and he leaves. He left me alone with the kids.

I sit on the bed and think. But my mind is blank. I begin to cry harder than ever and it hear a Big Bang. Then screaming and crying.

I jump off the bed and race down the steps.

"Mom I don't know what happened! I was doing homework and I heard crying and screaming. When I looked over, I seen this!!!" Abby says crying.

"Why weren't you watching her Abigail?!" I say freaking out.

I put up my baby girl and rush out the door.

"Grab my phone and purse. Let's go!" I tell Abby.

Abby and I argue all the way to the hospital and when we get there I rush in.

They bring her back into a room to get her head stitched right away.

"I feel horrible. She doesn't even know what's going on." I say to Abby, crying even harder.

"Mama... Everything's going to be alright. I promise." Abby reassures me.

I hear more screaming and crying coming from Brantley.

I look over to someone calling my name. It's mike.

"The hospital called me. Is everything okay? Where's Brantley?" Mike asks worried.

"They're stitching her head up." I replied crying into my knees.

Mike comes up to me and hugs me tightly.

"Get off of me!" I yell in the waiting room, getting up and running outside.