Chapter 62

{Carries POV}

I woke up with the worst headache ever! It was oddly quiet. I look over at the alarm clock and saw it was 2pm. I never sleep in this late...

I got out of bed and put on my robe. I go downstairs to see everyone in the kitchen eating lunch.

"Finally awake?" Mike chuckles.

"Mhm. My head hurts..." I mumble as I sit on Mike's lap and burry my face into Mike's neck.

"I bet it does." He says kissing my forehead.

"Here, I'll get you some water and Tylenol, ma." Abby offered.

Abby gets up and comes back with water and two pills for me to take so my headache goes away.

"Thank you, dear..." I softly smile.

"You're welcome, mama." Abby smiled back as she kissed my forehead.

"Mama?" Brantley wonders into the kitchen holding her head as if she is hiding something.

"Umm...Brantley, what are you hiding, darling?"

"Well...Hadith had gum. She..." Brantley was saying as I cut her off.

"Gum?! I thought we had a rule that you girls weren't allowed to have gum until you were 10, after the first incident we had." I said, kind of upset.

"I know....I'm sorry. I didn't know she had it, mama." She says starting to tear up.

"Let's go to the bathroom. I'm probably going to have to cut it." I say, scaring her.

As I go to the bathroom, I quickly start the water in the bathtub.

"Get in. Now." I say.

Brantley quickly undressed and hopped in the tub. I tried everything I could to rinse it all out. But unfortunately, there was no getting it out unless I cut it off.

"How's it going in here girls?" Mike asked, walking in to the bathroom.

"Whelp, looks like we're going to have to cut it out. There's just no way I can get it out..." I said.

"Well that sucks." Mike chuckled.

"How about we take you to Melissa's work. Maybe Mel's has a way she could cut it out and make your hair look nice." I smiled.