Chapter 12

{Carrie's point of view}

{a week later}

"Abby, please.... Quiet down!" I screamed from the couch.

"Why don't you just go to your bedroom and sleep?!" Abby's asked.

"Because I'm napping on the couch Abigail. Now either you go to your room with your friends, or outside with them." I yell.

"No. We're staying here!" Abby yells back.

"Abigail! Do not raise your voice at me." I screamed I anger.

"Just because your pregnant and cranky, doesn't mean you gotta take it out on me." Abby said looking at her friends laughing.

"Could you all go outside while I have a talk with my daughter please..?" I demand her friends.

Abigail's friends all go outside and I make my way towards Abby.

"Would you like to say that again Abigail?!" I yell at her.

"Just because your pregnant and cranky, doesn't mean you gotta take it out on me! Happy now?!" Abby yells.

I smack Abby across her face.

I now start to realize what I just did. I took it a step too far.

"I'm telling the cops!" Abby yells and runs out of the house.

I run to the door opening it. Her friends are sitting on the steps and Abby's running down the street. I run into the street and watch her run.

"Abby! Wait!" I yell.

No response.

"I'm sorry!!!! I didn't mean to!" I shout to her.

Still, no response....

I turn around seeing her friends staring at me. I begin to cry.

"I think it's best if you all go. I don't think Abby will be coming back out today..." I apologize while wiping a tear.

{few hours later}

"Hey babe, I'm home." Mike says yelling throughout the house.

"Where are you?" Mike asks.

"Kitchen..." I say.

"How was your day?" Mike asked me.

"Bad... So bad!" I say turning towards him, crying.

"What happened?" Mike asks.

"Abby... I umm... I smacked her across the face. She ran away!" I say crying into his chest.

"Where did she go?" He asked.

"She said she was going to tell the police. If she tells them, they're going to take her away from me mike. She'll be gone. I'll never see her again!!!!" I cry.

"It's gonna be okay. Let's go look around and call her friends. We'll clear this all up. I promise care." Mike says holding me.

He leads me to the door. I grab my purse, my keys, and my phone and mike and I go our separate ways to look for Abby.

I drive down the street and I see a girl walking. One of Abby's friends.

I put my window down, and I pull over to the side.

"Hey Danielle. Have you seen Abby?" I asked her.

"No. Sorry. I hope everything's alright..?" Danielle somewhat asks.

"Yeah... Thank you." I say pulling away.