Chapter 29

3 Months Later

{Carrie's POV}

It's been 3 months, still no sign of Mike. And Brantley doesn't even realize Mikes been gone since she's so little.

I sit up in bed and put my hands over my face. I start to feel sick and run into the bathroom. I sit on the floor and close my eyes.

"Mom! I need to go to school. Hurry. It's the first day I don't want to be late." Abby yells in.

I don't respond. Instead, I get sick.

"Are you okay?" Abby asked walking into my bathroom.

"Yeah, just sick." I told her.

"Sorry to rush you mom, but we need to go." She hurried me.

"Okay, okay. Let's go." I say getting up off the cold tiles.

I walk into my closet and change into jeans and a white tank top. I toss a hoodie over my head and slide it on. I walk over to my shoes and put on a pair of flats.

After that, I head back into the bathroom and brush my teeth. I quickly braid my hair and skip makeup.

"You ready mom?" Abby asks.

"Yes." I tell her.

I grab Brantley and we all get into the car. Before I know it, we're already at the school. I pull to the front as the line of cars start to get shorter.

"Mom, that's our new principal." Abby let's me know.

"Oh, well I'll have to introduce myself." I tell her.

"Looks like that's what he's doing to every parent dropping off their kids." Abby says.

"Yeah. Seems to be." I respond.

We pull up to the front of the school and Abby gets out.

"Hello! I'm the new principal. My name is Jim Gordon. It's nice to meet you." He says smiling and putting his hand through Abby's door to shake mine.

"It's nice to meet you too Jim. My name is Carrie. That's my daughter Abigail." I respond shaking his hand.

"Whose that pretty little girl back there?" He asks waving to the baby.

"Oh, that's my other daughter Brantley." I smile.

"She's beautiful." He responds.

"Thank you!" I tell him.

"Well I'll see you around. Have a good day Carrie." He said.

"You too!" I responded driving away.

After I get home I feed Brantley and myself.

"I think it's bath time Brant." I tell her excitedly.

I pick Brantley up out of her high chair and bring her to the bathtub. I start the water and put in some toys and bubbles in there for her.

After I undress her and put her inside.

"I know you don't understand a word mommy is saying, but I'm sorry your life sucks. I'm sorry that you only have a mommy and no daddy. I wish you could understand how stressed I am." I tell Brantley wanting to cry.

Brantley laughs with a cute giggle.

"I wish it was funny..." I tell her.

I begin to cry. "But it is a joke."