Prom, finals, and graduation

Amelia

For prom, all of us went as a group. So much had happened this year, but it brought us all closer together. I started with two different fake friends and ended up with real friends and a boyfriend. It's all because of some begging.

We all arrived at the prom, and Colton took my hand, leading me to the dance floor. He pulled me to him, and we danced.

I looked at him, "I'm glad I'm here with you."

"I do, too," he smiled as he leaned down and kissed me. Then we danced more. The music changed to something more upbeat, and the five of us danced to the music, including Luana's date.

It was a carefree night with no drama, thank God. After prom was finals, then graduation, I couldn't believe the year was ending, and soon we would be off to college.

After the funeral, we had all received our acceptance letters. Colton and I would go to separate schools. Thanks to his grades, he got a full-ride - the same with Reed. I was happy for both of them. They deserved good news.

For it was our night to be carefree and have fun, which we did.

We danced for hours, then left. Since prom was by the river, Colton and I went walking along with the boardwalk hand in hand.

"I can't believe in a few weeks we are graduating," I said to him.

"Then it's off to college," he sighed.

"What do you think will happen to us being at different colleges?" I asked him.

He stopped and looked at me. "Honestly, I don't know, but I'm hoping to replace that ring with an engagement ring." He played with my promise ring.

I smiled as he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I kissed him back. Did I know what would happen with us after graduation? Nope, but I knew whatever happened, we would deal with it the best way possible.

After prom came finals. We all studied for them. Coffee was constant, as the five of us considered every day. I would be happy when we got through the finals. It exhausted me.

They split them up over three days. We took them, and after the last one, we all went home and crashed. Dad checked on us and chuckled as he found us all in our rooms asleep.

We found out we all passed and were on to graduation. Thanks to Colton and Reed's grades, both were valedictorians. It fitted for both of them to have it.

Both gave speeches, and they were terrific. Dad stood up and clapped. He whistled as Colton and Reed pointed at him as they smiled back. They both needed that, and I was glad my dad could provide it to them.

They called everyone up, and we all went to collect our diplomas. Mom and Dad clapped and cheered us. Jaime's parents did the same, as did Luana's parents.

After we all got our diplomas, Dad had us gather so he could get our picture. Then he took more film, and we all got crazy. It was a big day for us.

We all went out to dinner after graduation and talked. Tom and Gail thanked my parents for everything they did for Colton. According to Dad, he didn't need acknowledging. It's what you do for people. Dad has always been humble.

Once dinner was over, the five of us went to celebrate together. Where else but my backyard? Yep, we were rebels.

I brought drinks for everyone as we all sat on my back deck, hanging out.

"I can't believe how crazy this year had been," Reed said.

"You? I had to leave a country and continent to find the love of my life," Jaime said as we all laughed. They kissed each other.

"Well, I found out I was BFF with some psycho who is now rotting in jail," Luana said as we shook our heads.

"I lost one father and gained another," Colton said as we all looked at him. As for his mom, Colton didn't have fond memories of her. Guess alcoholism will do that. I think he moved on from it.

"I've learned this year that people can be fake, but the real ones care about you. I also learned that begging leads to unexpected love," I said as Colton leaned down and kissed me.

"Do you think we'll all be friends even after going to college," Reed asked us.

"Honestly, I don't know, but if it's, then anything is possible," I said to him.

That was the thing about friendships and relationships; they change over time, but it's how you maintain them that's important.

I didn't know what would happen from this point on, but I figure whatever happened would lead us to where we were to be.