Fight, d*mn it!

Colton

I made my way into school with one thought on my mind. Tell Amelia the truth. I had nothing to lose.

I found her in her class and interrupted the teacher.

"Mr. Hardwick! Do you mind?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

I ignored him. I walked over and crouched in front of Amelia. She wouldn't look at me.

"I know you're angry, and I promise I can explain everything. Just hear me out," I pleaded with Amelia.

She shook her head as she tried to fight back the tears I knew were coming.

"I slept with Aria, but she didn't tell you everything," I said as she looked at me. "She told me about this friend of hers that thought she was better than everyone. Said she was going on and on about not having a boyfriend. Then she said how she would love for someone to pop her cherry so that she would shut up. I made the mistake of telling her I could do it. I didn't know it was you; she was talking about," I explained.

She furrowed her brows at me.

"Amelia, I didn't know who you were before you begged me for a date. I just thought you were some random girl that was joking with her friends. I swear to god they never mentioned your name, and I swear to god I never knew about that bet until I overheard them talking," I told her.

"Mr. Hardwick," the teacher screeched.

I stood up and said, "Sorry, I interrupted your damn class, but I'm trying to fight for someone!" I turned to her. "Amelia, I meant what I said. I'm in love with you. Yes, I have a past. Yes, I've slept with girls, but I would never hurt you with a stupid bet."

I stood there as my heart pounded out of my chest as she got out of her seat.

"Did you ever sleep with someone since we went out," she asked.

"No! Never!" I exclaimed. I was laying everything out on the table. She wants the truth; then, I will give it to her.

"Are you lying," she asked through gritted teeth.

I looked her dead in the eyes. "No," I answered.

I stood there as she tried not to cry, but it wasn't working. She wiped her cheeks feverishly as people watched us.

"Please, Amelia. I love you," I begged her as I got down on my knees. I wrapped my arms around her legs than did the one thing I refuse to do. I cried.

I couldn't hold it back anymore. The one good thing standing in front of me was slipping from my grasp only because Aria is a jealous bitch.

"Please," I begged as I sobbed.

Amelia

Hearing Colton cry and beg me, broke my heart. As angry as I was about him and Aria, hearing him broken broke my heart.

When a person lies, they won't make eye contact and will treat you like your crazy someone once told me. They'll place blame on you because it deflects off them.

When a person is honest, they can't hide the truth. It's harsh, it's painful, and it is what it is, the truth.

After spending time with Colton and living in the same house, I've learned he is one thing, honest. I don't think he could lie if he wanted to. Even with dealing with his home life, he was always sincere. I learned that on our first date.

I raised my hand and placed it on his head as I stroked it, comforting him.

Then I said the one thing he needed to hear, "I believe you."

He lifted his head as tears fell down his cheeks.

"I don't like the fact that you slept with Aria, but I know you're telling the truth," I said with compassion.

"Do you forgive me?" He sniffled.

I sighed. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we? I love you, but you are a twat," I said, taking everyone by surprise, including Colton.

He stood up. "You love me?"

"Unfortunately," I sighed as he pulled me to him.

He hugged me as he said, "I'm sorry."

"I know," I said to him back.

That was the thing about Colton. Yes, we will have our disagreements and get angry with each other, but there will always be someone who will try to do worse. Do we let them?

"Do you mind, Mr. Hardwick? Get out of my class! You can fix your problem later," the teacher ordered him as he pointed at the doorway.

He looked at me. "We'll talk later." I nodded as he kissed me on the forehead before leaving. I sat back down, and the teacher resumed his class.

Later on, we drove to a spot away from everything. We needed to talk.

We sat there, and he turned to me. "I will be honest with you about everything. When I finish, if you want to end this, you can."

I nodded.

"Aria wasn't the only girl I slept with before you. There were Lily and some others. I just wanted a little affection, so I turned to random girls to have sex with to get it. But it didn't matter. I still felt empty. Then one night after Aria and I hooked up, she told me about this girl who constantly whines about not having a boyfriend even though guys asked her out several times. She said she would love for a guy to hook up with her and dump her," he said to me.

"Colton, you told me all this," I said to him.

"I know, but the truth was I was joking about doing it. I never wanted to hook up with someone like that. Because of my reputation, I was the best person to accomplish what they wanted. Before you, I would never consider a relationship. It's not like I had the best example," he told me.

"Why did you agree to that date?" I asked him. I was curious.

"Honestly, I don't know. You weren't even my type, but I'm glad you weren't," Colton said sincerely.

"Why's that?"

"Because I'm tired of meaningless flings. I want it to mean more. I want to look in someone's eyes and see so much more. I want to have that warmth and comfort when things are rough, and now everything will be okay. I want someone who doesn't put up with my shit and calls me on it. I want you," Colton said as my heart flipped.

"Amelia, I can't tell you what will happen, but all I can ask is for you not to give up on me." Then I saw it in his eyes. Colton needed someone not to give up on him when everyone else did. To not abandon him like so many others did before. He was looking for the one thing he lacked unconditional love.

Then what my dad said to me came to mind.

Amelia, there comes the point in your life when you will meet many people in your life. But there will be that one person who needs you more than you need them. Never give up on them.

And how will I know who they are?

Because when everyone else abandons them, you won't. No matter how angry that person makes you, you will see some good in them. Hold on to it because that will make them who they are to be later. Trust me; everyone needs unconditional love.

That's when I listened to Dad and knew what I needed to do.

"Okay. I won't give up on you," I said as I reached up and touched the side of Colton's face. He moved his face into my hand as he placed a hand on it, snuggling it.

Did I know what would happen between Colton and I? Nope, but was I willing to take a chance and find out? Yep, I was.

At that moment, I got what I waited for from Colton, honesty, and vulnerability. When you strip away the tough exterior, it left you with someone who was looking for the one thing anyone is looking for, unconditional love and acceptance.

Colton needed me more than I needed him, but I needed him just as much.