Payback

Amelia

After my suspension, I returned to school, but not without problems. Aria was waiting for me to pounce on and pounce she did.

I went to my locker when I felt someone tap my shoulder. The minute I turned around, I felt something hit me. I don't even know what it was. I know I was out.

Jaime

I turned the corner to find Amelia on the ground and blood. What the hell? As I got closer to it, I smelled it. Urine?

People were standing there and not helping but talking.

"Someone gets help," I told them as a kid took off running. I turned back to her. "What did they do to you?"

Colton

I was at my locker when Reed found me.

"Colton! It's Amelia," he yelled as I tossed my books into my locker and slammed the door closed. I followed him as I saw a crowd. The closer I got, I cringed. What the hell was that smell?

We pushed past people, and the paramedics were there. Then I saw her, oh god. I stood there shocked as I saw them lift the gurney with her on it. Then I saw the blood and other liquid. What the hell?

They wheeled her past the crowd and out of the school. I followed behind them as they took her out to the ambulance. No way was I letting them take her without me.

Reed

I looked at Jaime. "What happened?"

"I don't know. I was on my way to meet you, and I found her. Reed, not only did they hit her with something, but they dumped urine on her," he told me.

"What? Why?" I yelled.

"Beats the hell out of me. But this is bad," he said to me. Hell yeah, it was terrible. I know Colton's temper, and there was also Luke.

"Let's go," I said as we walked away and out of school.

Colton

The paramedics would refuse me to ride with her, but I threatened them. I know, a stupid move. But no way were they taking her alone.

When we got to the hospital, they took her back and cleaned her up. They needed to assess the damage that's done and get the urine off of her. I was beyond fuming.

A few minutes, Luke and Natalie arrived. They took them back to see her. I sat in the waiting room, waiting to hear something. Reed and Jaime showed up a few minutes later, along with Luana and April.

We all sat there.

"I can't believe this happened," April said as we waited.

"Punk ass bitches. I swear they need their ass kicked," Luana huffed.

"We don't even know who did this," Jaime said as we all looked at him. "Oh, never mind," he mumbled.

I rolled my eyes. I knew who did this stupid bitch. A little while later, Luke came out. We all stood and talked at once.

"Hey!" He yelled, interrupting us. "They cleaned her up and are getting her settled into a room. She has a broken nose and two cracked ribs. She will be out for a while," he explained.

"Can we see her?" I asked.

"Not today. Amelia needs rest, but tomorrow you can." We all looked at him. "Look, I understand you're worried about her, but she is getting care. Go home and relax."

I didn't understand how he could be so calm about any of this. I was full of anger. He turned and went back.

No way was I going home. I had a bone to pick with someone.

"Colton, I know that look," Reed said as I turned to him. "Don't. Amelia needs you. You won't do anyone any good if you go to jail," he reminded me.

I looked at him. As much as I wanted to take care of this, I knew he was right. It would upset Amelia if I didn't show up tomorrow. I went home and worried about this later.

Amelia

I awoke with a throbbing headache. I could barely open my eyes. I didn't know where I was. I just knew I'm tired, and my head is pounding.

I let out a soft groan as Dad looked at me. "Amelia?" His tone was mild. Thank God because my head already hurts as it was.

"Where am I?" I asked, confused.

"In the hospital," was his reply. By his tone, I knew it wasn't right. "Hunny, someone hit you in the face. They broke your nose. They kicked you in the ribs, cracking three of them, then apparently dumped urine on you."

"What?" It dumbfounded me. Urine? Why would anyone do that? Plus, it grossed me out. I frowned just at the thought of it all.

"The school is investigating. Asking other kids if they saw anything and checking tapes. Do you have any idea who might have done this," he asked me.

"I wish I could say yes, but truthfully? I don't have a clue. I remember someone taps me on the shoulder, and as soon as I turned, something hit me," I said, trying not to cry. It was too late. Tears already dropped from the corners of my eyes.

I felt disgusted and horrible. I can't believe someone did this.

Then I heard someone say, "Hey," softly. I looked to see Colton standing in the doorway. He walked over to me as I lay there.

"How are you feeling?" Colton asked me.

"As I got hit by a truck," I replied.

"I know. Lia, you will be okay," he assured me.

"They broke my nose, cracked three ribs, and dumped urine on me. Does that seem like everything will be okay?" I asked angrily.

He looked at me. I closed my eyes and cried. I didn't deserve this, but somehow, I was lucky enough to have it happen to me. First that stupid bet, then Aria rubbing my nose that she slept with Colton, now this. All this pointed to one person. God, I hated her more now than ever.

It didn't matter because, like before, she would walk away with no repercussions. I would get to suffer. Is that fair to you because it sure in the hell isn't fair to me?