Anniversary weekend

Amelia

My parents went away for the weekend since it was their anniversary. They started this tradition a few years ago, which was fine by me. For everything they do for me, they deserved it.

Reed stayed over at Jaime's, which left Colton and me alone. This weekend would also mark the next step we took in our relationship, although with a few minor bumps.

Friday night was beautiful. We ordered a pizza and watched movies. No, biggie, except we also made out a lot. We had to stop, or things would get out of hand between us.

The only thing was, I kept thinking about what it would be like to take that step.

After the last movie, we both went to bed, and I lay there in my bed thinking about it. I mean, here I have a guy in the other room; It's the two of us, and we could be alone without interruptions. Then again, it would be my first time. What if I disappoint him? Ugh, why do I think about this?

I tossed and turned, then got up and got a glass of water. I came out of my room, only met by Colton. What happened next would change everything.

He took steps towards me as he crashed his lips into mine. Things started getting heated as we ended up back in my bedroom with him closing the door with his foot.

Our lips never left each other as he walked me over to the bed. He moved from my lips to my neck as he picked me up and laid me on the bed. From there, we made quick work of our clothes.

Before anything happened, I watched as he placed protection on before returning to my lips. Then I felt it. He slowly made his way inside of me as I let out a gasp. The pain subsided a few minutes before they replaced it with pleasure. Then he thrust while keeping his lips to mine.

With each movement, I got lost with Colton. He took his time with me, making it slow and sensual. I never imagined it being like this, but I'm glad it was with Colton.

Afterward, we laid there looking at each other. With little kisses and a simple touch, it was all I needed.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me thoughtfully.

"Is it always that painful the first time," I asked as he chuckled.

"For the girl? Yes, it is. For the guy, it's more awkward than anything. At least it was for me," he said as I looked at him.

"Tell me about it," I said to him.

"Well, it was in my car. The girl and I got caught up at the moment, and when it happened, nothing. I didn't even know if I did it right. The next day, I tried to talk to her, but she ignored me," he said with a slight hurt in his voice.

I furrowed my brows.

"After that, I decided relationships weren't my thing. With sex, it was just sex. I figured if the girl would ignore me, then so be it. They got what they wanted, nothing more," he said as he looked at me.

"And me?"

He rolled me over until he was on top of me. "You are so much more, Lia. It was so much more." He leaned down and kissed me as I wrapped my arms around him.

I couldn't imagine having the first time and treated as an afterthought.

Things heated between us as he replaced the protection, and we went again. After we finished, we both drifted off to sleep.

Until my door opened, waking us as my mom looked at us, and we looked at her. She closed the door, and we heard, "I think Colton is with Reed, honey."

Colton and I looked at each other and dropped our heads on the pillow.

The next day, Colton snuck out of my room and out of the house, so it looked like he was away all night. My dad is understanding to a point, but not to the end of me deflowered.

He hung with Reed and Jaime, and I got to endure the "talk" with my mom, lucky me.

She paced back and forth as I sat there. "Please tell me you two were at least safe."

"Mom!" I exclaimed.

"Amelia, the last thing you need is an unplanned pregnancy or an STD," she reasoned.

"As far as I know, Colton has used protection. And yes, we were safe," I said as I looked at her. That was so not the conversation I wanted to have with my mom.

She walked over and took a seat next to me.

"We knew at some point this would happen, we want to make sure you knew what you were getting yourself into with Colton. Sex is a big deal," she told me.

"I trust Colton. Yeah, we've had our difficulties, but Mom, he was so gentle with me last night. If he didn't care, he wouldn't have taken his time," I assured her.

"Just be careful, sex changes everything," she reasoned.

I looked at her. That's what I was afraid of, and that's what worried me. I didn't want this to change things between Colton and me to the point we both regretted it.

Later on, Colton came home and found me in my bedroom.

"Is the coast clear?" He asked me.

"Yeah, thanks a lot. I got to have the 'talk' with my mom," I sighed.

"Yeah, considering she covered for us, someone had to take one for the team," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes.

"This will not change things between us. I mean, like you will not act weird and all," I rambled.

He reached over and pulled my lips to him as he kissed me to stop the rambling.

"Lia, I don't regret last night. Last night meant more because I love you. Is it going to be hard not to be with you intimately? Yeah, but we'll figure it out," he assured me. I gave him a small smile. At least I know that it wasn't a random thing with us.

I guess now we figure out when to be alone and not get caught again. That would be tougher than I thought.