The dare

Amelia

I was standing with my friends, Lily and Aria when a guy walked up to me.

"Hey, Amelia, did you want to go out this Friday night?" He asked me, feeling hopeful.

"You know what, I have a huge project to work on," I said innocently.

"Oh, okay," he said as he turned and walked away.

"What project?" Aria asked me.

"You know, the one that prevents me from accepting a date," I shrugged.

"Really?" Lily asked me.

"What?" I looked at both of them as they both looked at me. You know, the look that says you're ridiculous? That would be the one they were giving me.

I looked at them, fidgeting in my spot.

"Amelia, you're the one that complains about not having a boyfriend, but every time a guy asks you, you turn them down," Lily said emphatically.

"I do not," I said with furrow brows.

"Oh really, let's see there was Tom, Harry, Mike, Nicholas, George, Nathan, and so many more," Aria said a matter of fact.

"Okay, so, I'm picky." I shrugged.

"Picky is what you do with your food. If you don't at least give one guy a chance, how are you supposed to find out?" Lily told me.

"I'll have you know that I can get any guy to go out with me," I said confidently.

"Oh, really," they asked me.

"Yes, really," I replied.

"Okay, I dare you to ask Colton Hardwick out," Aria said as my eyes widened.

"What?" I asked.

"You heard me. You said you could get anyone to go out with you. That includes one, Colton Hardwick," she smirked.

"The bad boy of the school who doesn't do relationships. That one?" I questioned as I looked at her like she lost her mind.

"That would be the one." Aria smiled.

I looked at them as they pointed behind me. I turned around and saw Colton walk over to his locker. He opened it, and I stood there. I turned and looked at them as they shook their heads and pointed at him. I was so not getting out of this one.

I turned around and took a deep breath before walking towards him. Colton had one hell of a reputation. He didn't hang with anyone and didn't do girlfriends. Colton was the "loner" of the school. He had shaggy brown wavy hair with dark brown eyes. Some say he rose from the depths of hell, and I was walking smack into the midst of it.

I walked over, trying to hide my nerves until I reached him. Once I was right by him, I stood there.

"Can I help you?" Colton asked in an even tone, as he flipped through a book, not bothering to look at me.

"Yeah, did you want to go out on a date with me?" I asked.

"To go out with one, one must be interested in someone. What do you have that would be of any interest to me?" He asked, taking me by surprise.

"I'm not sure that I know what you mean," I answered with confusion.

He looked up at me, and his brown eyes met mine, causing me to gulp.

"That means give me a reason to want to go out with you," Colton said.

"How do I do that?" I asked, not sure what he meant.

"Beg," he said with no expression.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Beg," Colton repeated himself.

I turned and looked at my friends who stood there, grinning like fools. They knew I would strike out with him; That's why they dared me to ask him out.

I turned back to him, and he said impatiently, "I'm waiting."

Was a date worth it? Hmmm, Do I beg and feel humiliated or retreat and get mocked? There are a few choices here. So I did the unthinkable. I got down on my knees and begged, "Please go out with me on Friday night," I said as sweetly as I could.

"Let me think about it?" He tapped his finger to his lips. "Fine." I did a double-take. With that, he closed his locker door, walked away from me, and I stood up.

I stood there as Lily and Aria quickly walked over to me.

"What just happened?" Lily asked me.

"I have a date on Friday night with Colton Hardwick," I said in shock. I looked at them, and they looked at me, equally shocked.

I don't know if this was a good or a bad thing. I would find out Friday night, oh god.