Intense love

Amelia

I looked at Colton after he told me everything. I hated Aria and Lily more than anything. I know Dad always said to turn the other cheek, but I couldn't do that.

The one thing I learned about those two is that they were the jealous type, especially Aria. I listened to them over the years. How I ever was friends with them is beyond me.

I'm over both of them.

"What? You have a look," Colton said to me.

"I'm thinking. I'm tired of Aria and Lily. They always act like they are better than everyone. I'm sick of them rubbing my face on things, just because they can," I huffed.

"Amelia, I didn't tell you all this so that it would piss you off. I did it because I didn't want any secrets between us," Colton said.

I looked at him as I got out of the car. I looked around as he watched me. Then I found the most significant rock I could find and threw it at his windshield, shocking him and cracking the windshield.

I stood there looking at him. I was tired of being nice all the time. I'm tired of people using it to their advantage. I'm over having my nose rubbed into shit.

I walked over and got inside.

"Okay, you're angry," he said as I crossed my arms.

"Nope, I'm not angry. Just had enough," I said as I sat there.

Colton said nothing after that. He just started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

When we got home, I came inside. Dad looked at me.

"Where is it that nice people get taken advantage of?" I asked him angrily.

"I don't know. Maybe a little context would help," Dad said a bit confused.

"Colton slept with Aria and Lily, along with other girls. They made a bet. Aria and Lily not only came back to school but rubbed my face in the fact they slept with Colton. Did I miss something?" I hissed.

"I missed a lot," he said as Colton came inside. He waved him over with his finger. "Care to explain why Aria and Lily are using you to get back at Amelia."

I stood there as Colton told Dad everything.

"Is that everything?" Dad asked him.

"Yeah," he said.

He looked at me. "Amelia, you can't fault Colton for his past. It's something that happened before you."

"But, Dad!" I exclaimed.

"Let me finish. All Colton did was make a bad judgment call," he said to me. He looked at Colton. "You should never let your past interfere with your future, which is what Aria and Lily are doing."

We stood there.

"Either you both get past this or call it quits, but stop revisiting the past, or you will never have a future," he advised us.

He turned and walked away before stopping. "And Amelia, you will pay for Colton's windshield." My eyes widened. "Never let anger get the best of you." With that, he went into another room.

Colton turned to me. "Well, the ball is in your court."

I looked at him as he stood there, then he turned and walked away, fantastic.

Later on, I talk to Reed and Jaime.

"You broke his windshield," Jaime asked me.

"I was angry," I said to them.

"Then get angry with the ones that deserve it, not saying Colton doesn't deserve you angry with him because well, he deserves it," he told me.

"Yeah, but you asked for honesty. Amelia, we all do things we aren't proud of but doesn't mean we want to someone to keep reminding us of it," Reed said.

"I know. I'm just tired of every time I turn around someone is trying to ruin my happiness," I sighed.

"Then, don't let them. The minute you do, you let those people win," Jaime told me.

I looked at them and knew my friends were all right. I asked for honesty and lashed out. By doing this, I was letting Aria and Lily win, and I didn't want to do that.

I left Reed's room and went to Colton's door. I knocked on it, and it opened. Colton stood there, looking at me.

"I'm sorry. I was angry, but it's no excuse. I wanted honesty, and you gave me that. It's that I don't know how to deal with all this. I've never been with anyone before. I feel like I'm in the water, and I'm drowning," I rambled. Colton pulled me to him and crashed his lips onto mine.

I couldn't but help kiss him back. As much as I wanted to be angry with Colton, I couldn't.

We pulled back, and he placed his forehead against mine. "I never meant to hurt you. I hope you know that."

"I do. It's just this is all new to me. I never thought it would be as intense as it is," I sighed.

He placed his hands on my face and looked into my eyes. "With great love comes great intensity. I've never felt the way about anyone else, the way I feel about you, but to me, that's everything."

He leaned down and kissed me again. I knew one thing was for sure, whatever happened between Colton and me was between us.

First, I needed to take care of something with someone. That would come tomorrow.

I'm tired. It had been an intense day, and I needed to relax. I drew a hot bath and climbed in. I laid back and just soaked. I was thinking about what would happen tomorrow. I knew one thing; it did me being nice. Now I would fight back.