Becoming official

Amelia

I laid on my bed reading when my door opened, and Colton said, "I think we should be official." Then he closed it as I lay on the bed a bit confused. My door opened again. "You know, like a boyfriend and girlfriend?" Then he closed it again. I closed my book and sat up. My door opened again. "Does this seem weird?"

"Only because you keep fanning me with my bedroom door," I giggled.

He walked over to me. "Did that sound okay? Or should I leave and come back," he asked as he gestured to the doorway.

I got up and walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I think it sounded fine," I smiled. He smiled back and wrapped his arms around my lower back. "Aren't we already official?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I just wanted to make sure," he said as I laughed before he leaned down and kissed me.

Then we heard a crash, breaking us from our kiss. We ran out of my room and over to Reed's bedroom to see him standing there looking at his broke bed.

We looked at each other as Reed ran his hand through his hair.

"Do I even want to know how you broke your bed?" I asked him.

He looked at us, and before he said anything, we heard someone say, "That's my fault." The person stuck their hand up as Colton, and I looked at each other.

Jaime stood up and grinned.

"What happened," I asked him.

"Well, Reed and I were wrestling, and things got a bit out of hand. The bed broke, and I ended up on the floor," he grinned.

"Good luck explaining to my dad how the bed broke," I said to them before I started laughing.

Reed looked like a tomato as Jaime grinned stupidly. It was a sight to see.

Dad and Mom came home and found us all in Reed's room and the broken bed. He didn't even bother to ask what happened. All he said, "No one may hang out in each other's room."

I looked at him, "Colton and I are official."

"That's great but official or unofficial; you're still not hanging out in each other's room. I'm not running a hotel," Dad told me. I clamped my mouth shut.

"Now everyone downstairs," he ordered us. The four of us walked by them as Mom laughed. That was the thing about my dad. He didn't yell or anything like that, but he was firm. Colton laughs, figures.

Colton

Amelia and I pulled up to school and got out of the car. As we walked towards the entrance, I slid my hand into hers, intertwining our fingers. I loved this. Her hand fit perfectly with mine.

We walked into school only to come face to face with Aria and Lily.

"Oh, look who it is, the happy couple," Lily said snidely.

"I thought they expelled you," Amelia said to them.

"You wish, but it helps when your daddy is a benefactor," Lily smirked.

We stood there as Reed, Jaime, Luana, and April walked into school only to catch the next part.

"Did Colton ever tell you we slept together," Aria said, causing our smiles to fade.

"That's a lie," Amelia said through gritted teeth.

"Is it?" She looked at me. "Oh, you didn't tell her. How cute?" I glared at her.

She turned to me. "Is it true?"

"Amelia," Colton said.

Aria added salt to the wounds. "Why do you think we dared you to ask Colton out? He likes a challenge. We figure he could pop your cherry faster than anyone."

I felt her hand pull away as she stood there.

"Amelia," I said again.

"Don't," was all she said as she turned as she walked away.

I looked at Aria. "Do you get some sick pleasure out of hurting people unnecessarily?"

"Funny considering, you had no issue sleeping with me or other girls. Does Amelia even know what man, you truly are?"

I looked at her.

"I didn't think so. The best part is while you were trying to save your precious Amelia, you didn't tell her the best part," Aria said.

I looked at her, daring the words to come out of her mouth.

"That you told me you could nail her by homecoming. That was after you got with me," she said, causing my anger to a boil. I clenched my fists as she finished. "I wouldn't think about it. We all know what kind of nasty temper you have." With that, Lily and she walked away, laughing.

The next thing I knew, the others walked over to me. "Is it true?" Luana asked me.

"Yes, it's true," I admitted.

"Why would you do that?" April asked me.

"Because I didn't care at the time," I told them.

"But now you do? That's a screwed up logic, don't you think?" Jaime asked me.

"Yeah, but I didn't know Amelia as I do now," I said, trying to explain myself.

"Colton, you told them, you would nail Amelia just like this," Reed said, snapping his fingers. "You didn't think they would use that to their benefit?"

I stood there and looked at them.

"What they did was cruel? What part you played in it, was even worse," Luana told me as I looked at her.

They all looked at me and shook their heads. I found Amelia, but she refused to talk to me. I even begged her to hear me out, but she just walked away.

I skipped school altogether. I needed to go somewhere to think. I got into my car and drove. I had no destination in mind; I left until I found myself in front of a house.

I turned off the car and looked out the window to see my dad with his family. He was like the perfect father and with the ideal family while I'm stuck in a horrible situation.

I didn't understand. My dad cheats, lies, and ends up with the perfect life. I did something before I ever met Amelia and treated like the bad guy.

I sat in my car and just sat there. Then I did something I didn't think I would do. She may hate me, but I needed to do it. I started the car and drove back to school.

I refuse to go down without a fight - not this time.