Hi, I'm Karma, and you're a b*tch!

Amelia

I went to school the next day with one thing on my mind. Aria was going down, and so was Lily. It's funny how you can go from being friends with someone to loathing them and loathe I did.

I walked into school and saw them both at their locker. Even better. I walked over and tapped Aria on the shoulder. As she turned to say something, I hauled off and punched her right in the face.

This action took Lily by surprise as I jumped on her. She fought, but I fought back even more until it turned into a major fight.

"Stop it," Lily screeched.

Oh, hell no, Aria deserves this. She got a few jabs, but ultimately, I unleashed my anger on her. I know they say fighting solves nothing, but for me; It made me feel much better.

Colton, Reed, and Jaime saw us go at it and went to break it up as teachers emerged.

"What is the meaning of this?" A teacher asked in a gruff voice.

"I was at my locker, and she hit me," Aria exclaimed, pointing at me.

He looked at me. "Amelia? This behavior isn't like you."

"Maybe a lot of things aren't like me," I told him.

"Principal's office," he pointed down the hallway. I just looked at him before making my way to the primary office. They took Aria to the nurse's station.

"What was that?" Jaime asked them.

"That was Amelia having enough," Colton said as he walked away.

"Damn. Remind me never to piss off Amelia," Reed said as they went to class.

After having my hand cleaned up along with my face, I sat there as I waited for a parent to show up. Yep, I got suspended for three days.

Dad showed up, not looking too happy. I just grabbed my stuff and left. When we got home, I got a lecture.

"What has gotten into you, Amelia? We didn't raise you to cause trouble," he said firmly.

"No, you raised me to think people are good," I hissed.

"Drop the attitude," he ordered.

"Whatever," I mumbled and shook my head as I crossed my arms.

"Okay, you're grounded until you change your attitude," he told me.

"Fine," I huffed as I went upstairs. For once, I stand up for myself, and I get the shit end of the stick. I don't care, though. I was tired of being taken advantage of by people.

What I didn't know was what was going on at school.

Colton

I had to hand it to Amelia, watching her fight was a huge turn on. Although sucker punching someone isn't ideal. Even though Aria deserved it. I don't know what I thought when I hooked up with her or Lily.

"Hey, Colton," I heard someone say. Oh, why?

I turned and saw Aria. She had a bandage across her nose and the start of two black eyes. I snickered.

"You think this is funny? Just wait until I get my hands on your precious Amelia," she snapped.

I looked at her. "You touch Amelia, and I will touch you. Not in the way you would like," I warned her.

She glared at me.

"The problem with you, Lily, and everyone else is the fact you can't stand for someone to better than you. You dared Amelia to ask me out, thinking she would fall on her face. You made a bet that blew up in your face. Now your face looks like an ape's ass. See a pattern here?" I asked her.

She gave me the death glare.

I leaned over and whispered, "Daddy's not always going to be there to bail you out. Remember that." With that, I walked away.

I walked over to Reed. "What was that about?"

I pointed at her. "That was her thinking she could cause problems."

"Which reminds me, how the hell did Aria and Lily get out of being expelled for what they did?" He asked me.

I put my hand up and rubbed my fingers together. "Money," I told him.

"That's bullshit," he sighed.

"Yeah, well, it seems to work for them."

"How long is Amelia suspended for," he asked me.

"I don't know. I haven't spoken to Amelia since this morning. I'm guessing a few days."

"I still can't believe she hit Aria," he said, sounding surprised as we walked down the hallway.

"I can. Even people like Amelia have their limits, and I think she hit hers," I told him.

Reed shrugged as we walked to class. It felt like how it used to be between us. I'd be lying if I say I didn't miss the friendship.

After school, we went back to Amelia's. My genius girl got herself grounded. I talked to Luke and explained things. I understand he has a job to do as a parent, but sometimes even the best kid has their bad days.

When I explained what had been going on, he understood. He wasn't happy, but he understood.

I went to talk to Amelia.

I opened her door to find her lying on her stomach. I walked over and took a seat next to her.

"Hey, Rocky," I smirked as she rolled her eyes. "Should I play the theme song the next time you go all Rocky Balboa on someone, or should I wait?"

She sat up and sighed. "That's not funny, Colton," she told me.

"It's a little funny," I said, gesturing with my fingers.

"I screwed up, didn't I?"

"Nah," I answered as she looked at me. "Okay yeah, but Aria had it coming."

"It's just so frustrating because she rubs my face in what happened between you two," she sighed.

"Only because you let her do it. Amelia, she knows how to push your buttons." She looked at me. "The thing about Aria is she's jealous."

"Huh?" She gave me a confused look.

"You have the one thing she wants."

"What's that?"

"Me," I replied as I shrugged.

She gasped and playfully shoved me, "Colton! Be serious!"

"I am. When we hooked up, I thought it was a one-time deal. Since then, Aria's been trying to hop on my dick any chance she could get," I said truthfully.

"That's disturbing," she replied.

"Maybe so, but after that night, I wanted nothing to do with her. It's the same thing with Lily. They're like a ride at an amusement part; everyone gets a turn. Who the hell wants that," I asked incredulously.

"Is this supposed to help me?"

"Maybe not, but the fact is, you achieved the one thing they couldn't," I said to her.

"What's that?"

"You got my heart," I said as I reached over and slid my hand into hers. Amelia gave me a slight smile.

"I guess I let everything get to me."

"It happens, but maybe it's time you didn't let everything get that far. Amelia, it's okay to get angry. Just don't let it consume you. Trust me; anger is a useless emotion," I said sincerely to her.

She hurried over to me as I wrapped my arm around her. I kissed her on top of her head as she laid her head on my chest.

"You'll be okay, Rocky," I said as she laughed, causing me to laugh.

Sometimes we need that one person to understand our situation. It helps.