Best laid plans

Colton

Tonight was the night of the big game. All Reed had to do was follow my instructions. Since many people would be there, I figured, why not? What better way to come out than a football game?

Amelia thought I was crazy. I told her I was mad about her. Otherwise, I was perfectly sane. I got a smack for that.

We kept this quiet. The fewer people that knew, the better it was.

I also advised Reed not to try with Jaime today. Just go about his regular business. Hopefully, this works. It should work since I enlisted Amelia to help. Yep, I got another smack for that. My girl is violent.

What did we do, you might ask? We spied on Jaime, catching him with another guy.

"What's he doing?" She asked me.

"Looks like they're flirting, if I'm not mistaken," I said to her as she rolled her eyes.

"I know that, but aren't we supposed to keep Jaime from other guys, which sounds weird," she said to me.

"Amelia?"

"Yeah?" She asked.

"No," I said as I shook my head as I rolled my eyes while she shrugged.

Don't mind my naive girlfriend, for she does not know what she speaks of about such things.

We monitored Jaime the entire day. Reed owes me big time for this. At lunch, things were awkward with Reed talking and Jaime talking, but neither one talking to each other.

Then out of the blue, Amelia says, "So I'm thinking of having sex with Colton." That caused everyone to stop and look at her as I looked anywhere but at them.

"Come again," Jaime said.

"You know, sex. It's where the penis and vagina," Amelia said until Jaime cut her off. Thank God.

"I know what sex is. It's a marvelous thing, but don't you think that's rash," Jaime asked her.

That wasn't rash; that was hella awkward. I will have to talk with Amelia later. They all looked at me.

"No, Amelia and I are not having sex soon," I said to them. They looked at Amelia, who looked around. That was a facepalmed moment. This plan better work or I would have to refute everything she said.

Reed

What the hell was Amelia talking about at the table? If this is part of Colton's plan, it sucked. Although it was funny seeing Jaime's expression when she said that. I got to hand it to her; she knew how to get someone's attention. Wrong, but still unique.

After school, we all went back to Amelia's eating, then head to the school. It was interesting to sit at a dinner table and talk about things. Colton and I never had that.

After dinner, I left to get ready for the game. Colton, Amelia, and the others were coming before the game started. I arrived at the locker room and changed into my uniform, as did everyone else. My heart was pounding like crazy.

We all made our way out to the field as people lined the bleachers. I needed to get through this game, then proceed with Colton's plan.

Once the game started, we played our asses off.

"Do you think he will go through with it," Amelia asked Colton.

"God, I hope so," he said to her as they sat in the bleachers and watched the game.

It was brutal. We played hard as we went head to head with the other team. As we played, Luke and Natalie showed up.

"Mom, Dad, what are you doing here," Amelia asked them.

"We came to support Reed," Luke told her. She smiled at him as they all cheered for us.

It was the final quarter, and they hiked the ball to me. I took it and looked for an opening, seeing Jaime wide open. I stepped back and snapped the football to him. He caught it and ran to the end zone, scoring the winning touchdown, which won us the game.

The crowd went wild as I threw my arms up and yelled. Our teammates went to congratulate him. I walked towards him as I pulled off my helmet.

Once I reached him, they all stepped aside as he handed me the football, "Here. This ball belongs to you."

I looked at him, and instead of taking the winning game ball, I placed my hands on his face and crashed my lips into his. It took everyone by surprise as it stunned Jaime, but he gave in and kissed me back.

I'm tired of hiding and worrying about what everyone thought. Everyone was right. The only one who cared about what people thought was me.

As we kissed, Luke clapped and whistled while Colton and Amelia yelled.

I pulled away and looked at him, "Sorry, but I wanted to give you a congratulatory kiss."

He smiled. "All right. I prefer that over a winning game ball any day."

"Are you two done sucking face," the coach asked us.

We looked at him and shrugged.

"Let's go celebrate," he yelled as the team cheered.

Jaime started walking away, but I stopped him. He looked at me as I slid my hand into his and intertwined our fingers. I smiled, and he smiled back. We walked off the field, hand in hand.

Amelia

I was so happy Reed finally took everyone's advice. He wasn't a bad guy like I thought he was. I looked at Colton.

"What?" He asked me.

"Why did you help Reed?"

"Truth?" Colton asked.

"That would be a good start," I said to him.

"Because sometimes we deserve happiness. We only stopped being friends because of his dad. I can't fault him," he said to me.

"I think you both deserve happiness," I smiled.

"Good to know. Now let's talk about how you're so willing to give it up," Colton said as I gave him a sheepish look.

We got up and walked off of the bleachers and said, "I was kidding."

"Good thing because you're nowhere ready yet," he said, walking away.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ran and hopped on his back. He hooked his arms around my legs as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

The funny thing is, Colton knew me better than I knew myself. I am happy I begged him for that date.