After dropping Areum off to school, Joy had a little chit-chat with Jia before coming back to the shop.

She parked her car and pressed her keys to make sure it was locked. Joy turned around and was about to walk to the shop but someone's blocking her way.

It wasn't a matter of time how the bright expression on Joy's face turned into complete fury.

Sungjae noticed it, he felt completely embarrassed but he's determined to relay the news. He will try his chance.

Instead of asking questions, Joy choose to ignore him, continuing to walk pass him but Sungjae is quick to stop her by grabbing her arm.

It was a touch she never expected, making Joy bolted in surprise coated by irritation, "Don't touch me!" She yelled and Sungjae quickly retracted his hands. Biting his lips as he looked away, gulping nervously while Joy just glared at him.

Sungjae looks so defeated. He's not even fighting back, or being the jerk he is and it only made Joy angrier. "What do you want?! Why do you keep on coming here?!" She asked through gritted teeth.

It's a rare sight to see Sungjae being hopeless. And Joy didn't want to see it.

"I-I know I don't have even the slightest right to ask for this but please... Let's talk..." He successfully said the words even though he's stuttering. He knows it's too much to ask considering all the awful things he did.

Joy felt nervous. All of the sudden, Sungjae came to her, looking all helpless and defeated and she have an idea why but she pushed it all away.

Hanseol wouldn't do it. He knows he's not in the right place so Joy is sure he wouldn't do it.

He wouldn't, right?

"There's nothing to talk about," she replied, more of a statement rather than an actual answer, "I don't want your fiancee coming back here, causing trouble againㅡ"

"No," Sungjae interferes. "I... Sohyun and I already broke up," He wanted to remove Joy's uneasiness of conversing with him as to Joy thinks he's still in a relationship with Sohyun.

Joy was blank for a moment, digesting the information she just recieved, "O-oh," Joy didn't mean to stutter like that but she also lost control of her emotions sometimes, "Whatever. I'm busy. Stop bothering me,"

Joy was about to walk again but she made an immediate halt.

"Sooyoung I'm sorry"

Did she heard him right?

Yook Sungjae? Apologizing?

Sungjae was caught off-guard when all of the sudden, Joy laughed. His head snapped up, seeing Joy looking at him with an incredulous expression, "What are you trying to pull now? Seriously?" Joy scratched her forehead not because it's itchy but because she's getting really irritated, "Look, I don't have time for any of your nonsense. I have a lot of things to do. Just go away,"

"H-hanseol told me..." Sungjae said, fighting the urge to look away from Joy's gaze.

The way her eyeballs tremble made Sungjae feel as if Joy just confirmed it's true.

With trembling lips, Joy replied, "W-what did he told you?" She can feel her heart wanting to rip out her chest but she managed to focus through blurry vision.

"Everything."

Joy felt her own body trembling. The pace of her heartbeat increases as well as her breathing. Right then and there she wanted to pass out. She wanted to walk out. Or push him away. Or slap him! Anything that could make him go away and not come back ever again.