chapter 36

"YOU DID WHAT?!!" Dauph winced. Ruby had jumped out immediately when he told her. "You know I told you I just do it for fun! It was not good enough for anybody to see!" Dauph raised a brow. "Your paintings are amazing Ruby, I just don't see why you don't want to show them to the world. And besides, my friend deals with art and he really liked them. You just have to agree to meet him." Ruby was pacing around, bubbly with happiness. She was still slightly in denial. "I need to think! What if he decides he doesn't like them?" Dauph rolled his eyes, a habit he had acquired from Ruby. "Then he will have to deal with my fist." The saying warmed up Ruby's heart, but she still had misgivings. "I still need to think." "You had forever to think about, you just have to do it. Besides, I wouldn't have taken them to him if they were no good." He stood up and followed her, taking both of her hands in his. "Trust me. You are worth every bit of art you draw. I believe in you that's why I ask you to take this chance."

They were once again close, their lips just inches apart. Unspoken feelings hung in the air, and the atmosphere was so charged both of them were having goosebumps. Dauph wanted to kiss her, but was afraid of being rejected. Ruby wanted him to kiss her but she was afraid he didn't feel the same way. Instead he pulled her to his chest in a hug, his lips on her hair. "You are worth every bit."

♡♡

Three days later Ruby met with Darry, who was so delighted by the paintings that he offered to find her a manager the same day, which he did. After the meeting Dauph took her to her favorite restaurant for an early dinner to celebrate. Ruby was giddy with happiness, unable to believe what happened. "You know, I didn't believe I could do that!" Her mood was infectious, that Dauph couldn't help but be happy together with her. "I told you that you were good,"he  said smugly. "And of course you were right." Ruby leaned forward to pinch his cheek. "Oouu!! What was that for?" Ruby giggled. "Well, that is because you are such an adorable and amazing guy." They continued to dine talking and laughing with no worry in the world.

After dinner they decided to walk to metabolize the food they had eaten. They were joking with each other, Ruby's hand was linked with his, her other hand holding her shoes. They reached a place with a garden and Dauph bent to pick up a flower and he put it on her hair, and letting his hand linger on her cheek, feeling her heat. "Ruby.."he whispered her name, caressing her cheek. Ruby closed her eyes and leaned on his touch. "There is something I have to tell you..." Ruby opened her eyes, and saw the vulnerable look on his face. She nodded. Dauph took a large breath, before saying,"I have fallen in love with you. I don't know when or how it happened, it just did." Ruby was shocked by his confession, so much that she drew back from his touch. Dauph felt his heart go under, but he had to tell her how he felt. "I know you don't feel the same way, I know you love someone else. I want you to know that I don't want to put you in any pressure to be with me, hell, I'm not asking you to be with me. I just wanted you to know how I feel about you." Throughout his words Ruby had narrowed her eyes.

Uu-ooh...he was in trouble.

She folded her arms in front of her in a defiance state.

♡♡

Is he in trouble??? Someone to lend a helping hand to him!!😆😆

♡♡

She fixed him with a stare, her hands still folded in front of her. "Who told you I love someone else?"She started slowly. Dauph looked at her with bewilderment. "But I thought you were still in love with.." "Who, Derrick?" "Yes." Ruby exhaled a long breath, before unfolding her hands. She turned around, her back to him and moved a few steps forward. "No, I don't love him." "Ooh." She turned around facing him again. "But I love someone else." Dauph looked at her, surprised, but decided to be coy. "Ooh. Okay." His hands were in his pockets. "Don't you want to guess?" Dauph shook his head. "No, I guess it won't change anything." Ruby rolled her eyes, before moving towards him, and fisted his shirt. "I am in love with you dammit, can't you even see that?" "Yo-You love me?" "Yes lover boy. Now kiss me before I change my mind."

♡♡

They walked back hand on hand, smiling at each other shyly. "Why didn't you tell me that you loved me sooner?" He turned to her. "Well you could have told me that you loved me." Ruby snorted. "That's a guy's work Dauph." Dauph fixed her with a stare. "Its not true." "It is." "It ain't." "It is." Dauph quietened her by giving her another soul melting kiss that left Ruby dazed. He smirked, knowing that the argument was now over.

They were still wrapping their heads on the fact that they loved each other and they never said anything, because of pride and uncorrected misunderstandings. They reached Ruby's place and he kissed her goodbye before going back to his place. He was nearly tempted to go back and have his wicked way with her, now that he knew her feelings for him but he stopped. There was time for that.

♡♡

The following day Ruby had lunch with her family, as her dad wanted to congratulate her on the art project. "Where is Dauph? He should have joined us today."Mr Mason asked. Ruby nearly choked on her champagne, Jenny smirking at her. She wiped her mouth with a tissue. "Dad, how do you know him?" Her father shrugged, continuing to cut on his steak. "He was with us when we were looking for you, acting all possessive." Jenny laughed out loud while Ruby looked at her father in horror. "No he did not!" Jenny decided to enter in the conversation, ganging against Ruby. "Yes he did." Their father joined in the laugh. Ruby was embarrassed. "You know baby, that day I did not like him that much, but when I saw how he came to hospital day by day, I realized how much he cared about you. Trust me Ruby, snatch him before another girl does." Jenny fell into another fit of giggles while Ruby's face got redder than her hair.

Later she was spending time with Sheena, who was happy that she had gotten a chance to participate in a gallery. Ruby also told her about Dauph and that they were together, to which Sheena squealed and kept saying I knew it would happen!

One week later Ruby got the letter saying that her paintings were approved and will be on show in three weeks. She screamed on top of her lungs.

♡♡

She was pacing from side to side, nervous. The event was done in the evening, so she was wearing a cocktail dress. Her father, Sheena and her parents, Jenny and Jack, and Dauph were there. The men were in tuxedos and the women in beautiful evening gowns. Ruby was in a silver cocktail dress covered in the front and sleeves reaching her elbow. Jenny was in a dark blue dress with a sash on its waist. Sheena surprised all of them by wearing a pink sleeveless satin dress covering her feet. She looked beautiful, almost dressed to impress.

"Stop pacing around Ruby, you will make us dizzy." Ruby seemed not to hear him. "What if they don't like them? What if they look absolutely horrible? What will I do then?" Her dad took hold of both of her hands, stilling her. "Calm down. You will be great trust me." He was looking deep into her eyes making her feel relaxed. He kissed her forehead before saying, "You are amazing dear. Whatever happens, just know that you are an awesome artist to us."

The event went well, and everyone mingled with others. Ruby found herself relaxing and enjoying the paintings of other talented artists. In the end of the event, one of Ruby's drawings among five was bought, and she donated all the money to charity. To her it was a huge accomplishment, as she never knew that people would genuinely enjoy her work. She was in a bubble of happiness, surrounded by her family and friends, with her awesome boyfriend, and nothing in the world could pop the bubble for her.

♡♡

Finally!!😤

I was tired of them playing the mouse and cat game😒

What do you think of the confession??