chapter 8

Days passed, and Ruby continued with her studies. She was careful not to go to a club and have a touch of alcohol. What happened last time was her lesson. She didnt want to repeat it so soon. So she went to college, hung out with her friends and her sister, who forgave her for giving her a fright the other night. All was well for sometime. "Hey Ruby, care to join us this Friday? Its my birthday." It was one of the girls in her class. Ruby grimaced. "Sorry dear. I cant." The girl rolled her eyes. "Come on! Dont be such a bore and a party pooper." Ruby shook her head. "Sorry ladies, not this time." The trio with the girl left Ruby, looking disappointed. But they hadn't headed far before Ruby heard them. "She acts as if she is better than anybody. Its no wonder Derrick left her. Maybe she is afraid of seeing him in the party, he did say he will come." The other girls laughed as they left class. Sheena's eyes widened, before turning to look at Ruby. Ruby stayed calm, continuing doing what she was so as not to let Sheena talk about it. In truth, she was hurt by their words, but couldn't let it show. She finished her classes and left, careful to avoid Sheena. Back in her room, she kept sketching. It was her favourite pasttime especially when she was angry or anxious. She run her pencil furiously across the paper, shedding. Drawing what, she had no idea. They wanted her to the party? Then  they would see her.

¤¤¤¤

Friday came and Ruby went to the party, which was to be done in a club. Sheena couldn't go with her as it was family time for her and she had to be home. It was loud when she got there, and she headed to the counter for her traditional shots before she started dancing. She remembered her vow not to drink, but ignored it. She needed the alcohol in her system, especially if Derrick was going to be there. Ruby loved dancing. It helped easen her tensions, as she let loose of her worries and allowed her body to be driven by the music. She was dancing and even let some guys near her, to dance with. It was when she went to sit back at the counter for a beer when her first confrontation with him came. "Well, well, well. Look what we have here." Ruby stiffened at the voice. It was a voice she knew to its deepest baritone.

¤¤¤¤

It was Derrick. She forced her face muscles to pull up a smile and turned. "Derrick." She aknowledged him. He came and sat on a stool beside her. He asked for some vodka and sipped it slowly, looking at Ruby as if undressing her by his eyes. "You know, i never thought you'd come today." Ruby turned to him. "Really? And why so?" He took his time, before answering. "I thought you would avoid me as you usually do everytime our paths cross. It seems that you've grown some balls." Ruby knew he was targeting her, so she tried not to take bait. "And why would i avoid you?" Derrick turned on his seat towards Ruby. He raised his hand and caressed Ruby's cheek. Ruby stiffened at his touch but didn't move away from his touch. "I know you still love me Ruby. Thats why you always get hurt seeing me. Just tell me that you want me back, and i will gladly take you back. I miss this amaizing body of yours." With his last words, he started caressing Ruby's throat, another hand was carressing her arm. She made to remove his hands, but he caught her wrists. "Do not try to fight me baby. I know you want this as much as i do. Let me take care of you." Ruby didn't try to stop him this time, wishing to avoid a scene,  even though her mind screamed danger. She closed her eyes wishing it to end."If you care about your hands young man, i'd suggest that you take your fucking hands off my girlfriend."

¤¤¤¤

Ta-da!!

Who do you think it might be?? I bet a few of you wont get it right... XD
And whoever it is, just messed up big with Derrick. What do you think might happen??