chapter 22

Sheena was waiting for her at the start of the corridor, and she welcomed her with an accusatory stare. "Girl, you have a lot to explain about yourself." She made an annoyed huff, her hands on her waist. Ruby gave her an apologetic smile. As she opened her mouth, the bell went out, signalling the start of classes. "I'll tell you later,"she told her friend, and together they hurried to class.

Just immediately after the lecturer left, Sheena turned to her. "Spill the beans, now!" Ruby groaned. "Sheena! Can't you wait until we are somewhere private for you to bombard me with questions?" Sheena huffed, but relented nevertheless. Just as they were packing their stuffs their three Barbie dolls of the class came to her. Their leader posed infront of them. "So, is it true? You are dating Dauph?" Ruby nearly rolled her eyes. "No I'm not dating him. We're just friends." The girl snorted. "Like seriously?!! THE DAUPH??! He's like the most eligible billionaire bachelor in whole of America and you say he's just a friend? Plus, isn't he the one who came at my party that day?" Before Ruby could answer anything, Sheena came to the rescue. "I don't see how it is any of your business dollie. If she dates him or not it's for her to know and for you to keep your nose out." The girl's face turned into an ugly snarl. She considered answering her, but decided against it. They could never win with Sheena on words. "C'mon girls,"and they left. "Phew!! Thanks Sheena." "You are welcome. But it does not mean you are off the hook. I still want to know about that Dauph guy." Ruby sighed. "I know. Let's go find a quiet corner for the full story."

♡■♢■♡

And they talked.
Ruby told Sheena everything, from getting wasted in a club to meeting Dauph again at her parents' party. She left nothing out, well, except the romantic part last night. That was definitely NOT in the story.
Sheena was mad when Ruby told her about what Derrick did to her. "How dare he!! When I lay my hands on him..."she was seething mad. When it comes to her friends, she was so protective. "It's no wonder I haven't seen him today. Dauph must have really decorated his pretty face." She chukled, all anger against him momentarily forgotten, before turning serious again. "So tell me, are you dating him?" "What?! No!" Sheena fixed her with an eye that said, 'i know you inside out girl'. "I'm not, really. We are just friends." "Friends....do You love him?" "Sheena...that is so sudden. No, I don't think I love him." "Then?" Ruby looked away to the distance, before turning to her. "I like him alot...he's So different from all the guys I met. He's so different from Derrick. He's kind, caring...." she let it trail.
"So you do like him." Ruby held her eye. "Yes i do. I like him so much I think I'm going to be crazy."

And they sat quietly, two best friends who even in silence had the greatest conversation. The bell went out, signaling the end of break, and also reminding them that they not had anything for breakfast. Deciding to dodge the next boring session they headed to the college cafeteria while talking and laughing.

♡■♢■♡

It was the first time Dauph was late at work, but he didn't seem to mind at all. He greeted his secretary and then proceeded to his office. If his employees were suprised with his lateness they did not show it. He was a force they tried to avoid especially when they do the work wrong.

As usual, he worked steadily, went on with his work up to half past eight, then left for his apartment.

♡■♢■♡

Ruby was putting some finishing touches on her makeup. She was off for their customary dinner with their dad every weekend, and it was their tradition to dress up as their father took them to fancy restaurants. A horn beeped outside. "I'm coming!!" She took a last look at herself, took her clutch and left.

Outside she entered in her sister's car. "You are late." Ruby rolled her eyes. "Hi to you too sis. Looking good,"she smirked at her. It was Jenny's turn to roll her eyes. "It was the best I could do, as I just came here straight from work." She had on a nice beige mini-skirt accentuating her curves with a white thin sleeved satin blouse. On her neck she had a brown scarf folded in a chick bow. She looked nice in a work type of way, but definitely not to Ruby's taste. "Uurrgghh...you definitely look 30 years old." Ruby rummaged in her clutch, and removed a blood red lipstick. "Here, atleast put this on." "Ruby.."Jenny started to protest. "Shush! You are not going to a fancy restaurant without even looking atleast chick. It's an insult to me." She rummaged then removed again some makeup. "Sit tight and don't move about." Jenny did as she was told and Ruby worked her magic. A few minutes later, Jenny was looking absolutely fantastic. "There! Now you look like a sexy lady that you are." Jenny looked at herself in the mirror. "Yeah....I guess I kinda look good now." Ruby rolled her eyes. "Drive along now, will you?"

As usual, it was another fancy restaurant. They had a nice meal, talked and laughed throughout their meal. Their dad was a type of man who had an active humour. After dinner that said goodbye to their dad and left.

♡■♢■♡

"Well, any update?" The other side answered. "After arriving late at the office, he never left until about half past eight. And then I followed him straight to his apartment." "And the lady?" "Regretably I didn't get to access any information about her." "ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!" The woman on the other side screeched. "No information?? So what were you doing all day?" The other side sighed. "Ma'am, I was and am doing your job." "Well you are not doing it good enough! I said I wanted daily reports, his goings and innings, and who he talks with or interracts with." "Ma'am some of the things are illegal, plus it is hard to get near him." The man nearly busted his eardrums as the woman screeched loudly again. "I DON'T CARE HOW YOU DO IT, EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO BUG HIS PHONE OR GO TO JAIL OVER IT!! DO YOUR DAMN JOB! IT'S WHAT I'M PAYING YOU FOR, BASTARD!!" With that, the phone was slammed back on the receiver in the other hand. The man sighed. It was going to be a really tough job.

♡■♢■♡

Short, boring chapter, I know, and I'm sorry guys.

I was silent coz I'm kinda busy, and probably will still be for the next couple weeks. Sorry. Still love you though.
Keep on waiting a little more for the updates.