chapter 11

Ruby could feel her heart pounding hard as she sat on the back of the cab. With what she had slammed on Dauph's face, and seeing the arrogant jerk he was, she was suprised he didn't follow her and try to stop her from leaving. Although she was relieved he hadn't followed her and created another scene, a part of her she didn't understand was disappointed that he didn't follow her. It would have boosted her feminine ego to look as if she was being chased by a handsome hunky like him.

Ruby sighed. Reality came back to her as she remembered what he did. It really could create a scandal if it hadn't created already. Ruby's face momentarily smiled with glee remembering Derrick's face when Dauph introduced himself as her boyfriend. He was speechless and pissed.
Good!
Now he wouldn't go making her feel as though she was worthless. She smiled to herself as she neared her apartment.

○●○●○

She didn't wait long to see how fast the rumours have spread. Just as she arrived on Monday morning she was confronted by Sheena. "So is it true? That you are dating a handsome guy that put Derrick on his place?" Ruby stiffened a laugh, so she just nodded. "Hurray!! How i wish i could have been there to see Derrick's furious face!" Ruby couldn't stop herself from rejoicing with her friend's happiness. Derrick had always been a painful topic to talk about, but being able to talk about him with happiness instead, was a huge achievement. "So tell me, is it true then? That you are dating him?" Ruby rolled her eyes. "No its not true, i'm not dating him, and its kinda long story. So will you just hold it in for sometime until after class? Please? Then i will tell you." Ruby had to use her best puppy eyes on Sheena who was hard to deter when it comes to a good gossip story. Sheena groaned. "Ooh, i don't believe you are pulling that trick on me! Okay, okay! Until later, and thats only because you are adorable."

As they made their way to class, she could see stares towards her and whispers. She didn't care, as long as they kept it to themselves. Just then, the living barbie doll stepped infront of them with her two minions. Christie, thats her name, was the reason she was in the scandal in the first place. It had been her birthday afterall. "So is it true? That you are dating that man?" She had her arms crossed on her chest. Ruby sighed.
Here we go again.
"What ever makes you satisfied and stop pestering me, then that's the answer you want." Christie pursed her lips, but before she could utter another word, the bell for classes rung, saving Ruby. Christie lingered her gaze on Ruby for sometime, before turning to leave, her two minions just behind her.

○●○●○

The class had ended, and Ruby as usual, let herself be the last to leave, to cherish her time without gazes and whispers. Sheena had to run to the washroom just after bell, so she was on her own. Just then, Max entered. "We need to talk Ruby." Ruby rolled her eyes. "There is nothing for us to talk about Max. I told you to stay away from me." He ignored her annoyed expression as he went to sit beside her. Ruby made to leave but he held her elbow, and tugged her down. "Please listen to me, just this once." Ruby sat, and he let go of her elbow. "I'm sorry about what i did that day. I shouldn't have kissed you. It was stupid of me." Ruby looked at him. "Yes, it was VERY stupid of you." Max hung his face in shame for sometime, before raising his face. "I want to do it right now." Ruby looked at him in suprise. "Do what right?" He got to his knees, before saying,"i want to ask you to be my girlfriend." Ruby gasped. "Are you crazy? Me? Your girlfriend?" "I know you still love Derrick. I can make you forget him. I will make you happy. Please give me a chance. I love you so much." Before Ruby could answer anything, Sheena appeared at the door, looking at both of them. By the look in her eyes, said that she had heard everything. She bolted.

○●○●○

Ruby gritted her teeth. "Max, if you care about your family jewels, you would stand out of my way right now." "But...," Ruby didn't let him speak, as she bolted to the door after Sheena.

She finally caught up with her. "Sheena, wait!" Sheena continued running, her hand on her mouth, sobbing. Ruby finally caught her arm and turned her. The teary face was all it took for Ruby to feel pain. "How could you?" It was Sheena. "No Sheena, its not what it looks like..." "i heard enough to know what it was. Why, Ruby, why? Why him? And why me?" Ruby desperately tried to explain herself. "Sheena i'm not going out with him. Its just.." Sheena stopped her words when she slapped her on the face. "Don't you dare try to lie to me Ruby Mason. And from now on, don't consider yourself as my friend." With those words, she turned on her heels and left.

Ruby returned back to her class with a heavy heart and a stinging cheek. She found Max still in the room, waiting for her. "What are you still doing here?"she demanded from him. "What was all that about? And what happened?" Ruby looked at him coldly. "YOU happened. You just made things become worse." With those, she collected her things and left, ignoring Max calling out to her.

○●○●○

Hello my awesomeness readers!!
How was the chapter so far? To me it was both sweet and sad
:'(

For you who have forgotten, Max is Ruby's friend back in chapter two.
Ruby is mad at him for trying to kiss her without her will, and she was not talking to him.
And the reason Sheena is mad at Ruby is because she positively adores and is in love with Max. Back in chapter 3.

Anyway, just imagine you are in Sheena's position. What would you have done?
Please comment to me your thoughts!
Till next time,
its

tchaooooo...!!!