chapter 34

Camille got out of the room furious, but she needed to control it. For her plan to work, she needed a complete control on her emotions. Just then she met Derrick. "How did it go?" Camille shrugged. "Not bad." "So what are we going to do about her?" Camille rolled her eyes. "Dont ask questions and just follow my instructions Derrick. I know what to do with her." She was acting rude but Derrick was acting obvious about it. He moved closer to her, taking hold of her waist, leaning at her. He was breathing at her temple. "And what about that promise you made me beautiful? Should we make it happen? I would sure love to taste this body." He was talking with a low voice, and rubbing himself at her sexily. Camille pushed him, irritated. "Not now Derrick." The later frowned. "Until when?" She turned to him, scowling. "Until I say so!" She went and took out a bottled water from her bag and threw it to Derrick, who caught it swiftly. "Now be a good boy and keep our guest hydrated." Derrick looked at her, puzzled. "Water? Why?" Camille threw her hands in the air, exasperated. "Just stop asking the damn questions!" She retorted, before leaving.

Derrick returned back into the room where Ruby was being held, and sat infront of her. "Derrick, why are you doing this? Why with her? You are better than this! You can't let her dictate you!" Ruby's voice held sadness and desperation. He smirked. "She is a hot piece of ass. No one can say no to it. And for the record, I'm doing this on my own accord." He opened the bottled water he was holding on his hand and held it to her mouth. "Now drink some water. Her majesty doesn't want you to die of thirst." Ruby, who was feeling very thirsty, was grateful and drank deeply from the bottle of water.

•°•°•°•°

Dauph was in the car with Jack. He was apparently the same age as him, and from what little he had gathered he worked in the same catering company as Jenny, Ruby's sister as project planners. "So...what's up between you and Ruby?" He was driving his car. Dauph shrugged. "Its kinda complex, but i guess we are just friends. What about you and Jenny?" Jack had a wistful look on his face, like he was thinking something from far away. "We are kind of dating." "Well, that's good." "Yeah I suppose so." They both fell quiet. It was hard to make conversations, as they had just met today, under the harsh circumstances. Had it been in peaceful events, they might be friends.
Soon after the GPS pinged, and they slowed down. After taking two turns they saw Ruby's car parked infront of them. They carefully parked the car and got out. "Look inside for some clues." Jack nodded and they went quietly to look. "Nothing in here, it's abandoned. Let's check in the surrounding buildings. They must be close." Dauph nodded and made their way in the surrounding buildings.

•°•°•°•°

Three buildings later they reached this one. As usual, it was abandoned, but showed signs of someone being there. They busted through the door. Derrick was just sitting there, using his phone and was surprised by the sudden intrusion. "What the..."he could not finish the sentence as Dauph threw a punch at his face which got him square on his jaw and he fell down. Dauph sat on him and started punching him. "WHERE IS RUBY??! WHERE IS SHE??!!" Derrick was laughing maniacally even with blood gushing from his nose and mouth as Dauph threw him punch after punch. It was Jack who pulled him off, albeit the resistance. "Dauph! Pull yourself together! Ruby depends on us!" They left Derrick out there coughing and spitting blood and entered the second room. "She's here!"shouted Jack. They found Ruby unconscious, her head bent backwards. Dauph approached her, removed her bounds while shaking her awake. "Ruby, wake up. Ruby baby please wake up! Please..."there were tears in his eyes, and Ruby, who was on his lap continued to remain unconscious, her eyes closed, her face pale. As Dauph continued to try to wake her, Jack called 911.

Dauph was a mess, so Jack bent down to search for a pulse. Dauph nearly swiped at his hands, but when he realized what Jack was trying to do, he let him. Jack found a pulse at her jugular, and even though it was weak it was a pulse nevertheless. He helped put Ruby in a comfortable position as they waited for the ambulance. Fifteen minutes later the ambulance arrived, and they took Ruby, giving her an oxygen mask and a normal saline drip. Dauph chose to go with her and Jack followed the ambulance with his car to the hospital. Derrick was in the back of police car going to the station.

•°•°•°•°

Half an hour later Dauph was pacing on the hospital's waiting area. The doctor had said that Ruby had been given a lot of sedatives, also they suspected that she had been poisoned too. Now they were trying to stabilize her vitals. Jack, Sheena, Jenny and Mr. Mason were also waiting for any answers.
They had managed to catch Camille in time, after following her from the pick up, she made her way to the airport, intending to make a run for it and leave Derrick in trouble. Luckily Sheena and Jenny had got in touch with the police who managed to catch her. She was on holding at that time, screaming her innocence to anyone who'd care to listen.

After about an hour the doctor came out. He looked tired. Everyone who was at the waiting area crowded to him, eager for any information about Ruby. "She is out of danger right now, we have managed to stabilize her vitals. Now we are working on identifying the poison she was given so as to make an antioxidant. But rest assured, your beloved will recover fully and rapidly." Everyone let a sigh of relief. "Is it possible to see her?"asked Sheena. "Yes, in a moment. She is currently being transferred to a room." The doctor smiled to the family. He always loved to bring hope to his patient's families. After that he excused himself, letting a nurse guide them to Ruby's room.

•°•°•°•°

Ruby was lying there, seeming asleep, and beautiful as ever. She had a peaceful look on her as she was closing her eyes, not divulging anything that she went through for the last six hours. The only indication was the hospital gown she was wearing, and the IV drip on her arm. Dauph wanted to go and kiss her face, but couldn't do that in front of her family. After watching her and ensuring himself that she was safe now, he left, letting her have the quality family time she needed.

•°•°•°•°

Hey there!! I had suffered dearly to complete this chapter, battling a lot of things such as writer's block, urge to watch movies or read books, studying for exams and actually doing them. I'm glad I finished it.
I would have posted the others but I wanted to update six chapters, up to the near end of the story. What remains now is one or two more chapters and an epilogue.

I've made up for my silence by updating triple multiple chapters, so please a warm hug for me and a big triple scoop of ice cream!🍨😊

I love you guys so it's a dedication to you.

Then what about those ship names? Got any for me??☺