chapter 27

Ruby was at loss with words. The woman was beautiful, tall and curvy. Her thin sleeved top showed off her tan, and she had on some skin jeans that fitted her as if the cloth was made just for her. Despite all the thoughts swimming in her head, Ruby couldn't help looking up to her. She had kind face and beautiful eyes, and she looked beautiful even though she lacked any makeup on her face.

The lady cleared her throat, snapping Ruby from her thinking state. "Um...hello?" The woman smiled at her, and leaving her bag on the floor proceeded to walk to the living room. Ruby had no choice but to follow her. "Well, the room just looks the same. Dauph doesn't redecorate much." She was looking around, as if memorizing again the room. When her eyes fell on the Tv, she looked back to Ruby with an excited look on her face. "You were watching Netflix? Is it your favourite? Because it is my fav!!" She plopped herself on the couch and reached for the remote. The lady's mood was just cheery, but Ruby's was fast sinking. She kept asking herself,' who was this woman? And most importantly, what was her relationship with Dauph?' She could feel jelousy surging in her blood, but what was more, was the feeling of disappointment....and she could feel her heart starting to bleed...torn...

^^^^^

Ruby had sat down on the couch with the lady when Dauph came through the door. "Ruby, I..." He stopped dead. "Phina?" The lady who's eyes had been fixed to the tv, jumped up. "Dauph!" She ran up to him and he picked her up in a hug and twirled her around. After a long hug he let go. "When did you arrive? And why didn't you tell me to come pick you up?" He was looking at her with true happiness and...love. the lady, that now Ruby heard was called Phina, shrugged. "I arrived just now, and I meant to suprise you. So how have you been, my chipymunchy?" Right now the lady was pinching Dauph's cheeks playfully, and his hands, Ruby noted, were still around her. He groaned. "That nickname again! Will you loose it? I'm great. You know what, let's feed you up and then we can talk." He turned to Ruby. "Ruby, come and join us." Ruby had no choice but to follow them to the kitchen, while her mind was shouting profanies to the lady and throwing a mind tantrum.

Ten minutes later they were sitting around the kitchen table, with breakfast on top, consisting of different varieties of foods; toast, bacon, eggs; both fried and boiled, tea, juice and fruits. Ruby reached for toast, while they piled up their plates with everything. Dauph and Phina were chatting endlessly, and Ruby was listening to them. Phina turned to her. "And you beautiful, what's your name again?" Before Ruby could answer, Dauph did it for her. "Ooh, I didn't get to introduce you two. It's all the excitement. Ruby, this is Phina, Phina, this is Ruby." Phina put her hand on Dauph's arm in what Ruby saw as a seductive way. "And did you tell her who I am to you?" Ruby's mind screamed nooo, stop it!! The air was charged with too much sweetness to her liking. Dauph fixed Phina with a stare. "Are you trying to make her jelous Phina? Because trust me, she is as fiery as that red hair of hers. You wouldn't want to be at the end of her wrath. Take it from someone with experience." Phina laughed while Ruby blushed to the roots of her hair when Dauph added his statement with a wink towards her. Dauph turned to Ruby. "Ruby, this is my sister, Dauphina, but she likes being called Phina." Ruby stared at him. Of all the things she had thought or imagined, this was far from it. "Sister?" It was Phina who answered right now. "Twin sister actually. Older by fifteen minutes." Now that she looked at them closely in a new light, she could see the resemblance between the two of them; the eye size and colour, the sharp noses, the ears and even the nails. How she couldn't have noticed it earlier she didn't understand, and she felt like kicking herself for all the crazy assumptions she had made. She mentally apologised to the one who resided in the heaven, who wrote everyone's wrongs and rights. She hoped she wouldn't be held accountable for her actions just this once. It was just the jealousy doing the talking.

After breakfast Phina volunteered to wash the dishes. "Ruby would help me, won't you Ruby?" And well, she had no choice but to agree. They were washing and Phina started the conversation. "Well, I didn't mean to make you jelous, but I kind of did it purposely..."she was smilling sheepishly at her. Ruby returned back the smile, not knowing what to say. She continued. "You know, I was suprised seeing you here." Ruby turned to her. "Why?" Phina shrugged. "From how I know my brother...he is not much of a relationship guy." Again Ruby did not know what to say, but her heart felt like it was stabbed with a dagger. Unknowingly to Ruby's pain, Phina continued, while turning back to the dishes. "He usually keeps his romantic stuff private, and seldom brings his flings at home. His house is sacred to him. And that makes me come back to you." She turned to her. "It seems like you are pretty special to him. He seldom brings girls at his place, much less take care of them the way he takes care of you."
"I-I didn't know any of that."Ruby stammered. Phina rolled her eyes. "I've been here for less than an hour, and I could see how much he cares about you and adores you. Are you two dating?" Ruby shook her head. "No, we are just..."
Ruby was asking herself the same question.

What exactly were they? Friends with benefits? Boyfriend and girlfriend? Acquitances? 

"Friends.."she finished without looking at her. "Well, the two of you look nothing like friends to me. Plus you are wearing his shirt, so.."she shrugged. Luckily, she continued to talk so Ruby was spared from answering, but her blush was blooming. "Take care of him Ruby, and whatever you two say you are, it seems to me that you are more to each other than you both say or think you are. He appears strong and controlling but inside, he is a sweet lonely soul in need of love." Just then Dauph came inside the kitchen, and that was the end of their conversation.

^^^^^

After breakfast Phina insisted that they escort her to the mall. "I haven't shopped in ages, and you know there are no malls in the interior sites." Phina was a geologist, and spent her life running around the world to look at rocks, and sometimes in the most interior, inaccessible places. She looked adorable when she was pouting up at her brother. Dauph groaned. "You know I can't resist your puppy eyes Phina. Okay, l'll go with you." "Yay!!" Phina turned to Ruby. "You are going with us too right?" Not wanting to intrude on the family moment, she chose to decline. "No...i cant possibly come with you. You guys need some bonding time." Phina scoffed. "Nonsense Ruby! She has to come with us, right Dauph?" Dauph looked at Ruby and shrugged, as a message that there is nothing that he can do when it comes to his sis wanting anything. Ruby let out a sigh. It was going to be a long day.

It was fun.
It was fun running around the mall shopping for hours, much to Dauph's grieverance, as he followed them everywhere acting like a trolley. They shopped for dresses, tops, shoes, trousers, handbags and some jewellery. Phina kept insisting Ruby choose some for herself too, and was upset when she declined. Not to upset her more, Ruby chose a dress and a necklace in which Phina insisted on paying for, and Ruby had no choice but to let her. No one had the nerve of saying no to her.

The mischievous Phina irked her brother more when she kept on telling Ruby all about her brother's embarrassing moments, causing Ruby to burst into bouts of laughter from time to time, to the annoyment of Dauph and other shoppers.

In the afternoon they went to a fast food place and they had burgers, and Phina kept talking about how she missed them and they should go eat hotdogs and pizza on their next outing. Ruby kept thinking that it might not happen but decided not to say anything and just enjoy the moment. On return they dropped Ruby at her place before proceeding back to Dauph's place.

^^^^^

It was loud in the club, and loads of people were gyrating against each other on the dancing floor following the beats of the music. A blond woman sat on the counter, wearing a short shimmering black dress reaching her mid-thigh, with a low back and sleeves reaching her elbow. She was drinking slowly, but her eyes were on another guy who made frequent trips between the disco floor and the drinks' counter. He looked rough, drinking without inhibition and frequently groping women, much to their frustrations and their partners. When the woman was sure that he was drunk enough, she slowly made her way towards him, settling two seats away from him, but making sure that she would be at his line of vision. She asked the barman for a glass of brandy, sipping slowly and waiting.
Just as she had wanted, she was noticed by him. He got down from his seat and approached her. "Hellow beautiful. You alone?" He was slurring, and unsteady on his feet. Playing coy, she continued sipping, not answering him. He chose the seat next to her, and let his hand touch her upper arm. He leaned towards her. "You know, it's rude to stay quiet when you are talked to." She turned to him. "Its equally rude to initiate physical contact with a complete stranger." He removed his hand and smiled ruefully. "Okay you got me. Let's call it even. So what's your name?" She turned to him. "Let's do it my way." He quickened his brow. "Your way? Okay, bring it on." "You drink two shots with me, and I tell you my name." He smiled at her. "Is that all?" The beautiful lady smiled as an answer. He turned to the barman. "Hey, give us four glasses of shots for me and the lady here. Bill it on me."

^^^^^

Phew!! An extra long chapter for today, but it was worth every sweat and yawn. I hope you are happy with it.

I like Dauphina, she is this crazy lovely lady!!!😆 What do you think about her?

Between her and Ruby, who is more mischievous? Or more wild?? The character which gets the most votes will be crowned the mischief queen!!👸

Also I'm in need of some ship names for Ruby and Dauph or any other couples of your liking. Can you guys help??

👇👇👇

**Award to the people who will come up with the most cute ship names!!**😊