chapter 9

"If you care about your hands young man, i'd suggest that you take your fucking hands off of my girlfriend." Ruby turned around. What, or rather who she saw made her gape. Derrick too raised his face from Ruby, with a scowl on his face trying to see who had dared bothered him. It was the hulk sexy-bodied man in whose house she had found herself that morning.

***

Derrick scowled at him. "Who are you?" Dauph moved leisurely towards them, taking his time. When he was just behind Ruby, did he answer. "I'm this lady's boyfriend. And who are you?" Derrick looked daggers at him, to be returned by a cooly and almost bored look from Dauph. "Who is this, Ruby?"
'Ruby, what a beautiful name. Suits her',Dauph thought to himself.
Ruby was suprised by Dauph's lie. She didn't know why he was doing that, but he had just come in time. Seems like her prayer was answered immediately. "He is my boyfriend, Derrick." Derrick scowled at Ruby. "Since when? Why dont i know about...." Ruby was spared to do the answering when Dauph once again came to her rescue. "And who are you to know about it? Its her own private issue mister! So its none of your business." "I never asked you, it was Ruby i was directing the questions to." Dauph rolled his eyes. "Well im her boyfriend so i have all rights to answer for her. Come on, honey, we have to go." Without hesistating, he took Ruby's arm and dragged her with him.

***

Dauph didn't let go of Ruby's hand until they were outside the club. He then let go of her and tucked his hands deep in his jeans pockets. They walked slowly, before Dauph stopped, making Ruby stop too.

"You are welcome." Ruby turned to him. "Pardon?"Jenny asked. "I said, you are welcome. As i see you are still so shocked to tell me thank you." Ruby mentally rolled her eyes.
Jerk.
"Why would i thank you?" He looked at her with incredullity.
Is this girl real?
"Well, if you dont remember, i kinda saved you back there." Ruby now really rolled her eyes. "Well for your information, i had it under control." It was Dauph's turn to roll his eyes at her.

***

Flashback

I dont know how Mike managed to drag me to the club. I have never been a fan of them, even in my teen rebellious days. I didn't want to come here, but the friendly side of mine prompted me to agree to my friend.

We reached the club, which was packed with late teens and early twenties, who were just acting ridiculous according to me. Immediately after they arrived, Mike snatched a girl with fake blond extensions, flirty dress and a lot of makeup on her face and went to the dance floor. I was on the counter, sipping some vodka when my eyes landed on her. I mentally thanked my friendly side for agreeing to come here with Mike. As i wouldn't have got to see her.

But what bothered me, she was with a guy, a good-looking guy but still with an air of arrogance around him. She didnt look comfortable with him, judging from her rigid posture. He started touching her, and i suppressed a scowl. Was he her boyfriend? I saw her trying to remove his hands, only for him to catch her wrists.
Nope.
Definitely not her boyfriend.

He continued caressing her, and every pore in my head screamed to break the boy's hands. I didn't know where my possesiveness of a girl i barely knew came from, but damn, i didn't care. As right now the girl's body language screamed 'save me!'
And hell, i wont leave a lady to be in distress. I was raised and taught to help. And i did.

***

Dauph scoffed at her. "Like the hell you had it under control. Your body language kept screaming save me! Did you want me to leave you just like that? I'm a gentleman."

Ruby supressed an urge to punch him. The nerve of this man! He was so arrogant! "Whatever you say. I know i had it under control, and you just barged in a conversation of people you didn't know. And next time, dont help strangers. Didn't your mama teach you that?" With those words, Ruby left him, hailing a cab and boarded it.

Dauph was left speechless with shock, which then turned to anger. He returned inside, and approached Mike at the dance floor. "We are leaving. Come on!" He said authoritatively. "But  Dauph, we just reached-"he was cut off by Dauph barking. "If you are not coming with me, i'm leaving you here!"

Mike knew better than to argue with him when he was obviously pissed with something. Which he didn't know. So he obidiently followed him, as he also happened to be his ride back to his apartment.

All the way back he was so angry. He kept gripping the steering wheel as though it was his source of anger and relief. "Hey, what got you so worked up so early in the evening?" Dauph remained quiet for a moment, before answering, "nothing." "It is not nothing. You were fine when we entered the club, but the next minute you were so mad that you were demanding to leave that instant! What irked you man?" Dauph gripped the steering wheel even more tighter. If it had a voice, then it would have been screaming in pain right now. "I said its nothing Mike. Can you just drop it?"he said in a stiff voice. Mike kept his voice, but vowing to himself to pursue it when he was much calmer. They reached Mike's apartment block and Mike got out. He didn't even wait to say goodbye to him when he took off to his own residence.

***

They just got on wrong foot of each other.......again.

Aawww....they are so adorable..;-)

Lets see how they react when they see each other again right??

If you are enjoying it please dont forget to vote, comment and share!!

Tchaooo....!!!