chapter 13

"There you are honey! I've been looking all over for you!"

It was a female voice calling out to Dauph. The latter removed his hand from Ruby's cheek, and straightened himself, while Ruby kept her eyes to the view, her face burning, due to the fact she had just realised.
She nearly kissed him.

After making sure she was okey, and her heart was calm enough to talk, she turned to look at the intruder. It was a beautiful lady, tall, with blond hair, slim body with moderate curves on right areas and a beautiful face, looking like an out of cover victoria model. She was wearing a beautiful black evening dress, and her perfect lips were protruded in a pout. "Honey, i was looking everywhere for you! Why didn't you tell me you were coming up here?" She had acted as if she had not seen Ruby, and was hanging on Dauph's arm possessively. "I was in need of fresh air." He looked at both women, before saying,"Camilla, this is Ruby, my friend. Ruby, this is Camilla, my date." Ruby could feel her stomach dropping, and her heart grieving. She forced her face muscles to pull up a smile. "Nice to meet you Camilla." "Ooh, the pleasure is all mine."she said in a sugary voice. In Camilla's eyes there was nothing pleasurable or nice. She shot Ruby a look that screamed, 'stay away from my man!'before turning her attention to Dauph once again, ignoring Ruby. "Dauph darling, we have to go now, its getting late." Without waiting for his answer she dragged him, and Dauph allowed himself to be dragged half-heartedly. He kept on looking back at Ruby, who waved at him, her face muscles still stretched in a forced smile.

Only after they disappeared that Ruby set free her muscles. She had a reason to dislike the lady, as everything about her screamed, bitch!! But she could not understand the twinge of disappointment and jealousy that she felt when he introduced her as his date. She mentally scoffed to herself. Really Ruby,did you think he would be single or had come alone?

She let out a huff of breath, shaking her head to rid herself of her crazy thoughts. She headed back to the party, where she found a friend and hitched a ride back to her apartment.

¤¤¤

She couldn't understand her reaction to Dauph. Admittedly, he was handsome, but the reaction her traitous body showed was more than just mere attraction. And the thought disturbed her mind to limits.
She was in a time that she wanted to be single, collect her thoughts and be herself for a while. So she didn't understand why her body and heart practically threw themselves to him.

¤¤¤

On Monday she dragged herself to school, even though she felt hellish. Like, was it her fault that she was feeling lovesick and jelous for a guy she practically knew nothing about? Was it her fault that she had tossed and turned all night before barely falling asleep and now she had huge purple bags under her eyes the size of tennis balls?
Yep, she was definitely crazy.

She followed Dauph's advice about giving Sheena sometime, which for her worked mighty well, afterall, she had plenty to think about, and did not want a prying Sheena. Sheena also was keeping her distance, much to people's questions, in which she didn't bother to answer.

Later, she was going back to her apartment after class, feeling overwhelmed. She fell asleep in nearly all her classes, much to her teachers' disapproval and her own embarrassment. All she wished now was to soak herself in a bathtube for a good hour then have a good sleep but she had some assignments to finish. And it didn't help that her car was at the garage so she had to take a bus. Her life sucked as of today.
Currently she was at the bus stop waiting for a bus, when a sleek shiny and brand new volkswagen amourak car stopped a few steps infront of her. She was busy admiring it when the driver's door opened and a man got out. "Need a ride?" It was Dauph. She smiled at him. "Sure."

¤¤¤

The interior of the car was as shiny and new as the exterior. The seats were of the nicest posh leather, and when Ruby sat on it, she immediately wished to fall asleep on its softness. Dauph sat himself on the steering wheel. "Now...where to?" Ruby told him her address, and he started driving.
They were silent for sometime, and Ruby took this chance when his eyes were glued to the road to really look at him. He was wearing casual in a work sense, that he had discarded his suit and tie, folded his shirt's sleeves and had opened the two top buttons of his shirt.
Yep, definitely sexy.

Ruby cleared her throat, to catch his attention. "So how did you know i was not driving my car today?" Dauph risked a look at her direction, throwing her a grin that melted her insides. "Well...i just came on impulse. Looks like it was directing me well." Ruby gave him a smile of her own. "Looks that way." Another silence issued, this time filled with tension so thick that it could be cut with a sharp edged knife.
"So, why are you here?" "Because i wanted to see you."
"And why did you want to see me in the first place?" Dauph kept silence, his eyes on the road. They had reached her apartment block. He parked the car and switched it off, before turning to her. "Will you believe me if i tell you i missed your company?"

Ruby felt her heart drumming wildly, but decided to play it cool. "It depends." "With what?" "Depends on what you miss about my company. Was it my lousy loop-sided ears?" It took a moment for Dauph to register that Ruby was attempting some humour, and he laughed that rich deep laugh of his that kept Ruby wishing to hear more.
He looks nice when he laughs.
It took a moment for Ruby to realize that she was checking him out. Damn these female hormones!
"Ruby..." The sound of her name coming from his lips sounded so sexy, almost as a caress.

He was looking nervous now, the condition of a person about to give out or receive bad news.
"Will you go on a dinner date with me tomorrow?"

Ruby looked up at him, suprised. Of all the things she had thought, this was the last. True, she had fantasized on how he would ask her on a date if he would, but she never thought that it could actually happen.
"Will you go with me? You know you are keeping me on edge right now." This shook Ruby out of her riverie. "Yes, i would love to go on a dinner date with you." Dauph let out a huff of breath. "Phew! And here i thought you would say no." He got out of the car, and ran to the passenger side to open it for her. He escorted her to her door.
Reaching he put his hands on his trouser pockets. "So..." they looked at each other and burst out laughing. They had both said the word at the same time. He leaned towards her, so close that Ruby could feel his warm breath fanning the side of her face.
He reached down and kissed her cheek. "Have a good evening Ruby." Without waiting for a reply, he left.

¤¤¤

Yaay!!
Its a date!

Please comment, share and vote if you liked it!

The Charming Redhead Ladyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें