chapter 28

***Double updates, for waiting for a long time. You guys have to award me by voting and commenting on the chapter. Tchaooo!!☺***

Derrick woke up with a crazy hangover. His eyes refused to open more due to the bright light in the room hurting his eyes. He sat himself slowly from the bed after his eyes got used to the light. He looked around, and could not recognize where he was. 'Where am I?' When he tried to remember he met with a crazy headache. He looked at the room more closely to get an idea of where he was. It looked like a hotel room of a kind, with white walls and curtains, and black and white furniture and beddings. He could see a door leading to what he presumed a bathroom, and a walk in closet door was open, and it contained nothing except robes. His clothes scattered around the room made him realize that he was naked. Before he could start to be shocked, someone spoke. "I see that you are awake."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a beautiful blond lady, wearing a chic sundress. The sun was shining on her hair, making it appear golden. She was coming from what was a wide french doors leading to the patio. After the momentarily mesmerization, he snapped out of it to ask her. "Who are you?" Instead of answering, the lady made her way towards him, her face impassable. Derrick visibly gulped. She looked like a seductress, an evil, wicked but beautiful seductress making her way towards him. When she reached him she leaned at his ear before whispering.  "You don't remember me? I'm hurt." She drew back, and pretended to pout. Her perfect delicious-looking cherry lips made Derrick swallow nervously. She noticed the effect she was having on him, and smirked.

When he closely looked at her, he had flashes of last night, the girl who had challenged him in a drinking contest. "It was you!" He pointed his finger at her accusingly. She raised her perfect sculptured eyebrow at him. "It was me what?" Derrick glared at her. "You made me drink so much! What do you want with me?" "Well, for one, I didn't make you drunk. You were already drunk when I found you, and I just challenged you into two more shots." The lady smirked when she saw that he was slowly remembering. To change the topic, he looked around the room again. "So what am I doing here?" "Well that is a good question. The one you were supposed to ask from the very start." She made herself at home sitting on a nearby armchair then crossing her unending ivory legs. Derrick's eyes fell on her legs, before he snapped them back up to her face. "You see, you and I both have the same problems caused by the same people. And all we have to do is work together."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ruby was crying non-stop, and Dauph didn't know what to do. He had faced her sister's tears, but always he knew what was wrong and how to console her. But with Ruby, he did not know what to do, but just pat her in the back and wait for her to stop crying on her own.

One hour earlier....

It was Saturday and Ruby was in her room, still on her pj's at noon. She was eating ice cream in front of the tv. Her door bell rang. She groaned, as she didn't want any visitors today, especially in her state of undress, so she decided to ignore it, but it rang persistently three more times. She had no choice but to open it. "Dauph?" He smiled ruefully at her. "Hi there." Ruby drank up his outfit from top to bottom. He was wearing casual clothes, a pair of blue jeans, a cotton shirt molding his chest and a black jacket. His hair was tousled.
Yummy.
"Aren't you going to invite me in?" She had been ogling at him without asking him in. "Sure, come on in." He proceeded to the living room. She took a seat opposite him. He was looking at her intently. "You look good." Ruby glared at him. "Are you pulling my leg? Because trust me, I know how awful I look." Dauph smiled at her, showing off his white teeth and the dimple. "Trust me, you would look good even in a potato sack." Ruby blushed, but recovered immediately. "So, why are you here?" Dauph fake-glared at her. "Am I not allowed to visit you?" For the second time Ruby blushed. "It's not that! It's just that I know you love to work even in the weekends." To change the topic, she added,"where is Phina?" Dauph shrugged. "She left today. She was in a hurry to go some place I-know-not it's name. But she said to say goodbye to you on her behalf." He turned to a package he was carrying. His ears were red, a sign of embarrassment. "This is for you." Ruby accepted it. "You shouldn't have. What is this?" "Open it." Ruby opened it, and inside there was a long rectangular box. Inside there were chocolates, a single red rose and a beautiful pendant. "What is this for?" Dauph's cheeks were now tinted with pink spots. "Nothing. I just felt like giving it to you."

And that was when Ruby let go of her stuff and started crying.

Currently...

Ruby has been crying for about ten minutes now, and she was currently calming down, only sniffing was heard. "I'm sorry"-hiccups-"I didn't mean"-hiccups-"to"-hiccups-"be this teary. I think"-hiccups-"it might"-hiccups-"be the female"-hiccups-"hormones." Dauph continued patting her. "It's okay." Dauph reached for the box of tissues on the table and handed her. "Thank you"she said shakily. When he was sure that the sniffing was now down too, he made his way back to the couch. "So...do you wanna talk about it?" Ruby looked at him with red-rimmed eyes and nose. "It's just that, it would have been our fourth anniversary today. I mean me and Derrick."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We met back in high school." Ruby had calmed down, and was eating the ice cream in the plastic container. Her eyes were lost somewhere in the past, not really looking at anything as she spoke. "I was still in junior high, and he was in his senior year. We were the perfect couple, and when he graduated, he made sure that he would study at a close by college, and we continued communicating and visiting each other, as we were just an hour and half away. When I graduated, I followed him there so that we can finally be together. And we were, for sometime. Until things started changing." She paused. "Changing how?" She looked at him, before continuing. "We started spending less time together, and more difficult communicating even on the phone. We started drifting apart." She dug into the ice cream and ate a whole spoonful. "I thought we were just busy, taking different courses. But then, the drinking started, and the girls. At first, it was harmless flirting, then full cheating. When he went after my best friend, that was my last straw." Dauph did not know what to do, so he moved back to her side, and placed his arm around her shoulder as she leaned to him. His heart was hurting, for her and for himself. For her as he hated her suffering and wanted to take it away, for himself as he felt like he was breaking down, he was falling for someone whose heart belongs elsewhere. If only he knew...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think Camille is planning with Derrick?? Something nasty as usual?

And Ruby, whose heart does she belong to? Or whose heart does she hold??

As usual, please don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE the story!! See you in the next chapter!!!

Tchaoooooo.....!!!!!!