chapter 23

Ruby was trying to get anything from her head onto paper to no avail. She was now super frustrated, and her patience was running on thin thread.

Typical redhead.

It was a class assignment, and it had the potential to add high marks to her end of semister exams. Also adding her GPA. But a week now and nothing was coming to her head. And one week to go and she still had nothing.

Damn.

Currently she was in the library as she had been for two hours now, and probably will be for the next uncountable hours until she had something to present by the end of the week. Looking outside, she saw people enjoying the sunlight. How she wished she had that chance. Sheena had finished hers a few days before, and was out eating.
Ruby sighed. Life sucked.

Just then her phone rang, a characteristic Chris Brown song: "This  girl ain't royal"  It was in her bag beside her chair, and she bent quickly to retrieve it. As she straightened up, she found a typical library lover and follower of rules sending a reproving look at her. She gave him an apologetic smile. When she looked at the screen, she couldn't suppress a grin. She went outside to answer it.

"Hello."
"Hello, Ruby. How are you?" "I'm..I'm okay I guess." There was a silence on the other side. "You guess? What's up?" Ruby sighed. "Nothing much. I mean, literally nothing. I've been trying to get something done for two hours now and no inspiration is coming." She sighed again. "And here I am, tiring you with my college woes. Sorry." "There is nothing to appologize for dear. It happens." Ruby heard some voices on the background in Dauph's side. "Um, are you at work?" "Kind of. Like you I'm trying to get things done. Only you are on my mind." Ruby felt a warm glow in her chest, but she pushed it aside. "Really." "Yep!" He sounded cute talking that way. Ruby heard voices again at his side, and he was answering whoever was talking to him. He turned to her. "Ruby, I'll have to call you later." She felt herself feeling down. "Okay. Have fun." He snorted. "As if. I'm just having some boring work to do. Later." "Okay."

Ruby didn't understand why talking to Dauph had raised her spirits somehow. She returned with increased energy, to try and get some inspiration in her brain. And she needed it.

**^^**

Okay, he was definitely whipped.

He didn't understand the need he felt, the need for talking to her and hearing her sweet voice. He was in a sort of inter-office meeting with heads of departments, but today it didn't keep him focused as usual. He felt bored within minutes, and sent them for a short break where he called Ruby.

He was not disappointed, as Ruby's voice soothed his heart. Even though she sounded troubled. He furrowed his handsome face at that thought. He hated thinking that there was something troubling her.

"Dauph?" He got out of his thoughts, to find his whole cabinet looking at him. It looked like they wanted him to say his views, but he looked distracted. And he decided to do the one thing he never dreamed of doing in all his career; he adjourned the meeting. "Gentlemen, I ask to adjourn this meeting, until tomorrow." There were curious murmurs that started low-key, but no one dared open his mouth. They got out of the boardroom.
"Uum...sir?" It was his secretary Tim. They were walking back to Dauph's office, and Tim was straining to keep up with his boss's steps.
"What is it Tim?" "Sir, I don't think it was a great idea to postpone the meeting..." They had reached his office. Dauph rounded up on him, while picking up his jacket. "Tim, I get to do the decisions around here. And I'm saying that I'm not feeling up to the meeting. And I'm leaving." He started to walk leaving a stunned Tim behind him. He paused at the door.
"And Tim, cancel all my meetings for today. I don't think I'll be returning back to the office."

Twenty minutes later he pulled up at the parking lot of the college bulding. He took out his phone and rung Ruby. After several rings she finally picked up. "Hey." She sounded breathless. "Hey. Where are you?" "I am still in the library. I mean, I'm outside." Dauph could picture her flushing. "Okay. Why don't you pick up your things and meet me at the parking lot. There's somewhere I've got to show you."
Ruby quickened her eyebrow, before remembering that he cannot see her. "But..I'm still working on my assignment!" "Trust me, it will be worth it." Ruby let out a breath of air. Maybe he was right, she did need a break. "Ruby?" "Okay. Give me two minutes."

**^^**

Less than two minutes she was knocking on his window. It was a Jaguar, still brand new. Ruby went to the passenger side and entered in the car. "Hi again."said Dauph smiling at her. Ruby smiled back at him. "Hi." He leaned to her and gave her a quick peck on her sweet mouth that left Ruby wanting for more. Dauph reversed the car up to the main road. "Where are we going?" Dauph managed to send her a charming mysterious smile her way that turned her insides instantly mushy. "Wait and see."

**^^**

"You'd better be having some good news if you are calling me yourself." "As a matter of fact, I have ma'am." A silence ensured, where the man on the other side had a self-satisfied smirk on his face even though who he was talking to could not see him. "What are you waiting for? Tell me!!" "Well ma'am, I found that girl who is seen with the man. I followed him to her." "Well? Who is she? What does she do? I need that kind of information, not short answers." "You got it. I'm emailing to you right now her infos."

**^^**

Hey chaps!!
Sorry for the super late update. I'll try to update frequently don't worry. Though I can't promise, cuz I'm taking care of an infant, and you perhaps have an idea how demanding they are. You are not forgotten, dear Ru-Da lovers!!

And the chapter is short, but I'll try to make the next one longer and exciting!

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share the story with your friends!!