chapter 18

It was friday Ruby was in a cheerful mood, that she was successfully able to avoid Derrick's advances without guilt or doubt. She knew who she wanted, and it was not Derrick. It was Dauph. He made her smile with jokes, and touched her heart with his thoughtfulness. The days before she had spent time with him, driving around town and acting like a couple.

A couple.

Ruby smiled to herself ruefully. He hadn't asked her to be his girlfriend, but she knew anyday he would. She could feel it.

And there was another reason to celebrate. Her sister had gotten the project she had so deeply wanted. And she wanted to take her out to congratulate her. After class she hurried to a boutique, and bought a dress for Jenny. Jenny hated partying and disco, and she might try to wiggle out of it. Ruby smiled deviously to herself. She won't let her her away.

■■■□□□■■■

"Girls I'm here!" She was in her sister's apartment. She went to kiss Liebee, her sister's roommate on the cheek and then proceeded to her sister. "Hi sis." "Ruby." Her sister was early today. "Sis, in honour of your success, I have a suprise for you." Jenny made some choking sounds on her throat. "What is it, a lifetime supply of lingeries?"
Touché. Maybe next time I should do just that.

She shook her head. "No lingerie today. But we are going clubbing!" Next to her Liebee squealed in delight. Jenny held her heart. "But-but I have no dress!" Ruby gave a devilish grin. "Then I guess it's a good thing I passed at the boutique and bought you a dress."

■■■□□□■■■

Half an hour later, they were dressing themselves up. She was making her hair when she heard the ping of her phone, signifying a text.

Hey there.

It was Dauph.

R:Hey

D: you good?

R: yep! :)

D: what are you doing?

R: getting ready.

D: for what?

R: I'm going out.

A quietness passed, in which Ruby wondered what happened. A good thing her sister did not notice her busy with the phone.

She was continuing to curl her hair when she heard another ping of her phone. She picked it up with anticipation.

D: where?

R: at the club

D: who are you going with?

R: my sister and her friend.

As she was holding and waiting for Dauph's text, she felt a presence behind her. She turned and found Jenny there, looking over your shoulder at her phone. Ruby scowled. "Jenny! What are you doing?" Jenny made a shrug, but Ruby could see amusement in her eyes. "You looked busy and you had all these kinds of expressions in your face. A guy?" Ruby rolled her eyes. "Its just someone I know." Jenny quickened her eyebrow. "Really?" Ruby could feel a blush rising fast on her face. "Its really a guy! See! She's blushing!" She and Liebee bursts out laughing. "Cut me some slack girls. Besides, we should hurry up or we'll be late." She saw Jenny and Liebee exchange a look, but let the matter rest neverthless. And for that Ruby was so grateful.
On the car Dauph kept on texting her.
D: which club are you going?

R: Kay kains

They reached there and they found the club in full swing. They headed to the counter and Ruby asked for three shots. Together they counted and drowned them as one. Jenny nearly chocked. "Aarrh...I nearly forgot how awful this stuff tastes,"she said while the others laughed at her. After a few more jokes and shots, in which Ruby had more than the others, Ruby and Liebee both went to dance, and left Jenny on the counter sipping a beer.

■■■□□□■■■

Ruby was dancing, and enjoying herself, her back on her partner. So lost in dance that she didn't know that her partner had changed. Only when he had leaned near her nape on the side of her head and whispered did she realize. His breath on her neck made some electric sparkes erupt in her from the point of contact, and she could feel the heat caused by his close proximity. "Its my first time dancing with you. And even if watching you dance is lovely; but I think this is much better." He took hold and turned her to face him, his hands running directly to her waist.

***THE END***

Ba-ha-ha-haa...evil me😈 XD
who do you think it is?
Any guesses anybody? There's a nice present for someone who is gonna guess right....😊

Nah, I guess no one can guess right. I'd just rather proceed.
Sorry for the intermission.

It was Dauph, and the intense state he was fixing her oddly made her feel warm all over. His eyes were darkened with...lust.

"What are you doing here?"Ruby asked, her voice loud over the music and her hands on Dauph's shoulders. "I came to enjoy myself. Why are you asking?" Ruby shrugged. "I never knew CEO's and workaholics like you knew how to enjoy yourselves."
Dauph let out a soft laugh, his chest vibrating softly sending Ruby's hormones in a frenzy.
It must be the alcohol taking toll on me, she thought to herself.
After more like hours of dancing; Ruby declared that she was tired, and her feet had started aching. They retreated to a corner, and sat talking.

After sometime; Dauph stopped talking and looked at Ruby with that same intense stare. Ruby raised her eyebrows questioningly. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" "Because you look so hot and beautiful." Ruby blushed, but not much; before saying, "Then why don't you kiss me?" Dauph looked at her, and Ruby licked her lower lip out of habbit, especially when she was nervous. Dauph found the action so arousing, that he wasted no second.

Ruby found herself flattened on the wall, being kissed like their lives depended on it. Dauph was taking control, and Ruby was telling just happy letting him lead and she followed faithfully.

Only when she felt Dauph move away from her body did she open her eyes, ready to reprimand him for that unnecessary action. Instead, what she found left her started. It was Jenny who has removed Dauph away from her, and from the look on her red face something was wrong. "Ruby! We are leaving!" And without waiting for an answer, she took hold of Ruby's wrist and dragged her away, leaving Ruby to throw an apologetic look to Dauph.

  ■■■□□□■■■

Don't forget to vote!

Any idea why Jenny is acting that way? Or is she just being that protective sister?😊
You'll have to read The Manager's Crush to know what's up with her! I'm not giving out spoilers! You can find the book in my account; it might be worth a read!!☺

And before forgetting; I'm still waiting for those pm or comments on which book should be finished before this year ends. This is the last week!

Till next time, tchaoooo!!!😄