chapter 14

Ruby did not know if the kiss was real or she had imagined it, as it was over as soon as it started. The only evidence remained was her burning cheek, a blush that was still rising and her heart which was leaping and drumming. Damn! She was acting like a giddy school girl who had just secured her first date. She shook her head, not believing herself. She tried opening her apartment door with trembling hands. After so much effort, she finally managed to unlock it and entered inside.

♡♥♡♥

Dauph drove his car, but his mind was not on the road. He did not believe what he had done. The impulse to kiss her was so strong, that it overcame him. Part of him was disappointed, only a few inches to the right and he would have kissed her just where he wanted...

He was really going crazy. He never had it this bad for any girl. He didn't know how badly he had missed her that he went from work directly to see her. The only thing he kept on telling himself as an explanation for his behaviour was that he might have upset her on Saturday with Camilla. Why he thought she would be upset was another issue he didn't want to pursue.

And talking about Camilla...he didn't know why he asked her to be his date on the first place, as it proved it was a wrong move. From Saturday she had wanted to come with him to his apartment, but he had stopped her, saying he was tired. From that time too, she constantly called him, much to his annoyment.
His phone rang. One look at it and he groaned. Speak of the devil and it comes. He connected the bluetooth device on his ear and answered. "Hello." "Hellow darling! How are you?" Dauph rolled his eyes at her sugary voice. "I'm good." "Where are you darling? And what have you been up to? You have not been accepting my calls!" Dauph imagined her making a pout. "I've been busy." "Too busy to make time for me?" Dauph was feeling tired of her whining. "I'm busy right now Camilla, gotta go." Without waiting for an answer, he hung up.
He will not let anything spoil his good mood.

♡♥♡♥

Ruby felt as if the day was going slow. She was spacing out with daydreams throughout her lessons. She was lucky she just had two lessons that day, or she would have gained more disapproving glances. She hurried back to her apartment to soak her body in warm water and exfoliate her face. She had decided on an elegant black dress with long sleeves covering her arms, with a brief glimpse of cleavage through a V cut. It reached lower her knees. She paired it with black wedges, silver loop earings and a silver bracelet. For makeup she put only moderate eye powder, pale blush and nude lipstick. Her hair was up in a high ponytail, allowing some few strands down on the sides. Well...she looked marvelous.

At six o'clock sharp the bell rang. Ruby took one last look at herself in the mirror and left for the door. Opening it she found Dauph just raising his hand to knock the door. "Woow." Dauph breathed deeply. Ruby smiled at him. "Wow too." He had on a deep grey suit, with a grey shirt. His hair was slicked back with gel. In his arms he had red roses. "Are those for me?" Ruby decided to break the silence when she saw he was busy gawking at her. "Ooh, yes they are for you." Ruby accepted them from him and took a sniff. They smelled beautifully. "They are beautiful. Let me put them inside then we will leave." She found a vase and put them in, together with water. She returned outside. "Shall we?" Ruby smiled, and putting her hand in his, answered,"ok. Lets go."

♡♥♡♥

It was a fancy sea shore restaurant. They had wonderful seafood, steamed lobsters with butter, and a side dish of fried spiced rice. For dessert they had spiced ice cream. "I can't take any more food! I'm positively stuffed!"Ruby moaned. Dauph chuckled. "You know, i'm suprised that you have eaten that much. Most ladies would not have eaten a quater of what you ate. Plus they would have ordered some leaves." Ruby shrugged. "Well, i'm, not most ladies." When she recieved no response, she continued. "I love eating by the way. My sister cooks nice foods, so i strive to make her smile." "Plus i don't have to worry about my figure. It comes naturally,"she added with a smirk. Dauph smiled. "Thats good to know. Because i will be stuffing you every dinner date."  Ruby let out an intake of breath. Did it mean that he was planning on continuing to see her? He didn't notice her reaction as he was goofing on his ice cream, so Ruby let go of the matter.

They talked alot during the food, and after, sharing each other's experiences. It was fun. After dinner, they removed their shoes and walked on the beach, the moonlight illuminating them, enjoying each other's company.

Later he drove her back to her apartment. "Thank you for today. I had fun." Ruby smiled. "Me too." They stayed silent, the glasses of champagne they had consumed making them smile at each other rather ruefully.
Dauph leaned towards her, and Ruby stayed still, waiting and holding her breath. He leaned closer and put his lips on hers on a sweet kiss. His lips stayed there for a few seconds before Ruby pulling back. She looked at him, whispered a hurried good night before getting out of the car and walked to her door.

♡♥♡♥

Dauph scoffed at himself. He thought for a moment, before he decided. He got out of the car and took long purposeful strides towards Ruby who was rummaging her purse for her key. When he reached her, he pulled her towards him, and she banged on his masculine chest with a yelp of suprise. Her eyes met with Dauph's which were dark with desire, and locked together, causing her to gulp. Her arms which were on his chest about to push him away grew weak and numb, so she let them fall on her sides. Dauph's right arm went to her waist, pulling her more closer than she already was. His left arm went on the back of her head just above her nape,holding her still. Then he came thundering to her lips in a passionate kiss.

♡♥♡♥

:-D

Please dont forget to vote, comment and share!!

          Tchaoooo....!!!