chapter 15

Dauph bit on Ruby's lower lip, before briefly passing his tongue on it to sooth the sting. Ruby let out a moan, giving the chance for Dauph to angle his mouth and deepen the kiss. Ruby's arms, which a few moments ago were on her sides, she rose them and gripped Dauph's shirt for support, as her knees were going weak. It was also a relief that Dauph's arm was holding her tightly on the waist. When the need to come up for air consumed both of them, their mouths released each other, but Dauph kept a firm hold on her waist. "I wanted to do that ever since i first saw you. And as much as i want you right now, we really need to part ways."Dauph growled, his voice laced with regret. When Ruby felt his want, a hardness pocking for attention on her lower abdomen, she blushed, causing Dauph to give an apologetic grin. Both of their lips were swollen from the kiss, and their hearts were still rather faster than normal. After standing there for what felt like eternity, he let go of her and left.

         ♡♥♡♥

Ruby felt like doing a victory dance. She kissed that hunk of pure masculiness! She touched her lips, where she could still feel his lips on hers. She was interrupted from her trace when the phone rang.

'Hello?' Silence first met her ears, before faintly hearing the breathing of someone on the other side of the phone. 'Hello? Who's there?' Quietness, before she heard a raspy voice answer her. 'Ruby...' Her blood ran cold. She felt her legs now going weak, but from what she did not know. 'Ruby...' the voice was less raspy now, and she could distinctively recognise it. 'Derrick?'

             ♡♥♡♥

Dauph returned to his apartment, tired but happy with himself. It had been a long day, but spending the rest of it with Ruby had been worth it. He could still hear her laughter, and see her smile. Thinking of the kiss only will make his night long, as he was having other visions; Ruby lying on her back in his head....her hair strewn across the pillow....he cleared his head.
He was NOT having these thoughts. When he just got out of the elevator on his floor, he stopped short. On the waiting lounge sat Camille, waiting for him.

"What are you doing here?" On hearing his voice, she stood abruptly, then ran to him as if to hug him. Dauph stopped her before she could throw herself at him. "You didn't answer my question. What are you doing here?" Camille let out a pout. "Well, i came to see you baby! I missed you!" Dauph shook his head. "How did you get in here? And you came without even telling me!" She made a small step near him, and put her hand on Dauph's chest. Dauph was too angry to make any move to remove it. Seeing no rejection, she made to move her hand up and down his chest. "The kind security guy brought me in when I told him I am your fiancee." With those words Dauph took hold of her hand in a tight grip. "My fiancee? Since when? I dont even recall getting engaged." Camille did not try to extract her hand even though it hurt. "Dauph baby.."She purred, before continuing. "We've been dating for some time now. Don't you think it was time we made it official?" Dauph snorted. "We've only gone out a couple of times Camille, but that doesn't certify us to get engaged even in your wildest dreams. Besides, you are not the type of girl I want if and only if I were to marry." He let go of her wrist. Camille massaged it, scowling. "And please do not come in here uninvited. No, do not come here at all. Because I don't want to see you anymore." Shock and anger registered on her beautiful face. "You can't do this to me Dauph! You know I love you! And we come along way together." Dauph smirked. "You don't love me Camille. You just love what I have to offer. And besides, what long way are you talking about?" Camille opened her mouth, but no sound came out. "You are irritating me. You know your way out. Now leave before I call the security on you." Camille looked at him in anger. She picked up her purse, and turned to him. "You are going to regret treating me this way Dauph. No one ever treats Camille as trash. You will regret it." With those words and hatred in her eyes, she left.

      ♡♡♡♡

Ruby did not know what he wanted, as the voice kept quiet. "Derrick, is it you?" "Yes Ruby. It's me." Ruby was still trying to figure out what he wanted from her. "What do you want Derrick?" "I want you."he answered simply. "You want me....Derrick are you drunk?" She could feel a slight slurr in his voice. Without answering her question, he continued. "I want you back baby. Please. I want you back in my arms so badly that..." "Derrick, you are drunk. What you need to do now is sleep it out." He took a sharp intake of breath, before saying, angrily,"so what is I'm drunk? Can't I take even a little bit of alcohol? And why are you playing hard to get anyway, you weren't like that...." Ruby slammed the receiver back. Her breathing was erratic.

How dare he, how dare he says she was an easy girl?

But despite her anger, a little part of her, a part that still had feelings for him, was elated.
What if.....
What if he was really serious and he did want her back? Should she let him?

          ♡♡♡♡

Hey guys!
So far so good....but Do you think Ruby should give Derrick a chance? Or give Dauph a chance?

Comment to me your answers, and I might just think of twisting my plot a little!

See you next chapter!

This is my vision of Dauph

This is my vision of Dauph. I hope you like him!😊