Chapter 33: His Reason

Sorry if I only updated this story just now....seriously I don't even know if I should continue this or not....although I have readers of this story, I hope some of you will write what you think about it...tell me if this story sucks or is it disappointing or is it not of to your liking so I could just drop this story or not....please, I really need your supports on me....>_<

♥LucyAshleyHeartfilia♥

__________________________________________________________________________

As I watch him guarding me, I can also see him concentrating, releasing magic aura which seems to be a barrier protecting me. Then I saw a man suspiciously lingering near me one time I’m at school. I was arranging some files at the school department. He looks very suspicious with intent to kill. Gray leapt from the tree and silently made his way at the back of the suspicious person. When the man gestured his weapon, Gray stopped him, pinning the man down on the floor without a sound. He struggled to hold the man down, when he realized that I would go out from the room, he transported himself with the man outside the school ground. He took him on a vacant lot and there, he confronted the him.

“Who are you, what are you trying to do?”, Gray asked.

“None of your business!”, the man shouted.

“Who sent you? Why do you want Camille dead?”, Gray asked back.

“You mean the survivor Princess of Extalia”, the man said.

“What? Tell me who you are! How do you know about that?”, Gray is angry now. They battled using magic, making each other feel their determination. One wants me dead and the other to protect.

“Why? Alright, I’ll tell you, since you are going to die anyway, I’ll tell this to you as a prize for fighting equally with me”, the man started. “I am Fostier, I was sent by the Dark Lord to finish what we started. I must kill the Princess in order for the Dark Lord to achieve his plans. With her alive, his reign is at risk, he needs her powers and body to achieve it”, the man said. Wait! Fostier? The same Fostier who is my Father and the Dark Lord’s cousin?

“Sorry, but I think, I won’t die today. Not today, I won’t let you touch her!”, Gray growled.

“How brave, let’s see if your chivalry can win against me”, Fostier said.

“I promised, I promised Juvia, I promised the late King and Queen of Extalia that I would always protect her, even if it cost me my life!”, Gray angrily exchanged blows with Fostier.

Both has determination, has the urge to fight each other. I can’t look, bith of them are amazing but both of them are also hurting each other to the death.

Gray used Ice magic; Fostier countered it with Pulverizing magic. Fostier used his Wood magic, making Gray immobile. Fostier smiled on his advantage but he didn’t know what Gray can do.

“So you use Wood magic, not too shabby, but its not enough”, said Gray. The woods broke apart and he freed himself up. The rocks flew towards Fostier; he was about to move but he couldn’t the soil turned into quicksand making his feet sink in.

“Wha? What is this?”, Fostier panicked.

“Earth magic. I can control anything the soil touches”, said Gray. The rocks almost killed Fostier but he vanished out of sight.

“What? How?”, Gray asked.

“This battle ends now. It’s a surprise that the crowned King of Edolas will endanger his life for a mere fragile Princess. How pathetic; torn apart by unwanted past, bounded by love to last, you two are surrounded by hate, that Princess can’t ran away from her fate”, another man said. Gray turned around. He saw another man standing at the lot’s fence holding Fostier on one of his arms.

“Caidus”, Fostier said looking at the one who just saved him from Gray’s attack.

“You’re pathetic Fostier, you let this young fellow get the better of you”, Caidus said.

“He’s skilled Caidus, I didn’t even know that the Prince of Edolas would be protecting the Princess”, Fostier said.

“The Dark Lord is waiting. Prince Gray of Edolas! An advice for you, don’t step into the darkness you can’t even handle!”, Caidus said.

“I might say the same thing to you”, Gray sarcastically replied.

“You’re good. We’ll meet again!”, Caidus said back and then both vanished from Gray’s sight.

“Juvia”, Gray uttered. He vanished as well transporting back to where I was. He must have thought they might attack me again. When he reached school again he saw me; innocently walking at the corridors, far away from danger. There aren’t any sign of the two he just encountered. He relaxed a little when he was sure they aborted their mission.

“It’s getting dangerous. The Dark Lord knows her existence now. It will not be long before he decides to make a move”, Gray said leaning against a tree.

“I’m sorry Juvia, I might break one of my promises to you. You need to face your fate, its inevitable but I will guide you”, Gray continued. He took something from one of his pocket. He held it out; I saw a necklace with the locket. It was the same necklace he returned to me back at Sakura Village. “It’s time”, Gray said looking at me.

The next morning was familiar. It was the day I met Rito Flameheart; the concealed identity of Prince Gray. That was the day I started my journey.

Gray found his opportunity to get near me. ‘It’s now or never”, Gray said approaching me.

"Hey aren't you the Princess of the Extalia Kingdom? You're Princess Ysabel Juvia Fernandes van Fullbuster aren't you?", Gray told me when I was walking through the corridors.

After a little conversation I saw my body fell unconscious. Gray caught me and held me in his arms.

“I’m sorry”, He said sadly, gripping me tighter in his arms.